o/t crochet (the art of)

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

~threadbear~

Re: o/t crochet (the art of)

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Won't be getting any more Maggs, I'm not impressed with their customer service and plus we've been given some great free links and tutorials on here. Lots of lovely people to ask for advice when we need it as well.
I have wool, so I think I'll just give it a miss and learn online. :D
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

i've just cancelled my sub, still waiting fr issue 2. they tried telling me they are psted out at the end of the month, i got told end of jan when i rang last. i said this isnt good enough and if i was buying from a shop i would be on issue 6, as a subscriber i thought i would recieve the issues. she finally cancelled it for me.
mags

Post by mags »

This is such a shame, it was a very nice idea to get the yarn and a different stitch square every issue and make it up into a blanket.

But yes it would have worked out very expensive with 120 issues :shock: :lol:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

I'm not surprised you are stopping T'bear, the whole thing sounds very unprofessionally run, with mistakes, subscribers expected to wait while the mag is out in the shops etc. And that email you received was very poorly written - it didn't sound right at all. It's such a shame, as Mags says it would be a really nice idea to crochet a different square each time to make a blanket. I wonder if anyone out there hosts something similar on their blog? A bit like a year of biscornu, but in granny squares instead. That woud be quite good fun to take part in.
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
crafterglen

Post by crafterglen »

That is a good idea Susan, if the clever girls that can crochet and those that have granny squares could post pictures and write how to do them, everybody could learn new squares and learn that way, it really would be a good idea, what do you 'clever crocheters' think about helping the ones that would love to learn?
Glen x
hada56

Post by hada56 »

hey all! sorry i haven't been around, between losing the stitching bug, and then just plain feeling ugh, haven't been much up to posting here, then, for no reason, I would be logged-off here, but it seems to have corrected itself. (I hope it's not some computer virus!)
Anyway, i just finished reading the last 3 posts, and you're asking about a sort of CAL, with squares for learning? Has anyone tried registering on Ravelry? I did, and they have some pretty good stuff there, with tons of groups and everyone very helpful. Also, some very nice freebies. You DO need to register to get on, but it's free, and in the end, if you don't care for it, you can always cancel your account.
You can find me there as "pixie56", if anyone is interested.
For those of you who don't know what Ravelry is about, it's a community for anyoen who is interested in knniting and crochet. :)
mysterystitcher

Re: o/t crochet (the art of) - help needed

Post by mysterystitcher »

~threadbear~ wrote:So, after some stitching last night I've got out an old ball of wool and had another go. I really want to crack this crochet lark.

So here's another go at a treble crochet (UK ... double U.S) swatch.

Verdicts please?

I don't think I'm getting the hang of these ends. :cry:
If you ask me, that looks nice.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
mysterystitcher

Re: o/t crochet (the art of) - help needed

Post by mysterystitcher »

~threadbear~ wrote:This is my swatch of double crochet (UK). I'm quite pleased with this one as it seemed to flow easier. Still doesn't look like the magazine picture.

That looks good, if you ask me.