Boo hiss

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mags

Boo hiss

Post by mags »

Got a plumbing emergency - water coming down through kitchen ceiling. :? Plumber is on his way.

Have had to clear my craft room - didn't know I had quite so much stuff :shock: :roll: :shock:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Oh no! Hope your house and stash is Ok.
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Oh nooo, poor Mags! I hope everything is ok. :(
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Oh no not you as well, someone else I know has had this problem,I do hope it gets sorted and no stash got damaged!! :shock:
mags

Post by mags »

Thanks everyone.

No stash damaged, no real damage at all - good job I heard it soon after it first started leaking. Guess it was a result of the earthquake but not sure.

Just had to empty my craft room because the leak is under those floorboards. Plumber hadn't got a saw to saw through the floorboards so we have to wait till tomorrow. The leak is from a hot pipe so we have turned the hot off and can use the cold.

You should see the mess we are in with stash, books. furniture all over the place. I will have to have a good sort out before it goes back. One good thing the carpet in that room was a bit manky so we will be getting a new carpet. :D
mags

WIPs:
various bits and bobs
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Glad to hear all is almost well! :o :D
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Glad there is not too much damage :D
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Oh good. I'm glad it was mostly ok in the end. Always worrying though, 'cos you can't help but think what could have got damaged.
Anyhow, it wasn't, so that's the main thing. :)
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
agi

Post by agi »

I am happy that it didn't come to anything really bad. Having to do a lot of extra work, cleaning and all that is bad enough.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Oh mags, glad it all worked out well. And think of it this way (i always look for the silver lining) you get to fondle all your stash again! Oh and reorganize it!
Rose

Post by Rose »

My first thought was did the quake cause it. That is aways a problem here we get shook up and some one ends up with water damage.

Glad it wasn't to much of a pain.

Have fun sorting out the stash.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Poor you!!!
It could have been so much worse, you could have lost all your stash!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Glad it's being sorted though! Chin up! :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Thank goodness for silver linings! What a relief it must have been to find it wasn't a total disaster -- and let's hear it for ears that hear!

Nevermind the furniture, you have a stash sorting job to do. Poor thing. :lol:
mags

Post by mags »

Thanks everyone.

The leak was sorted yesterday - just a pinprick hole in a hot water copper pipe caused by original plumber bending a nail over the pipe to keep it in place and stop any vibration, and presumably it rubbed away at it until the hole appeared :roll: Oh well, the house is about 27 years old so it lasted reasonably well. Not sure that the earhquake had anything to do with - perhaps the final rub :?

DH wants to redo the floorboards that had to be cut and while the room is empty(ish) we have decided to re- decorate (a lick of paint) and of course get a new carpet so I will have a nice new room for all my craft stuff. I have been sorting bits as I get to them and have chucked quite a lot of stuff that I have kept 'just in case', as you do. I'm still in a major pickle - hope nobody wants to come and stay as you can't get in the guest bedroom :lol:
mags

WIPs:
various bits and bobs
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Sounds like you have been a busy young lady! And a new craftroom to boot! WOW!! Talk about silver linings!! Fantastic Mags!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Wow having a revamp brill, bet u cant wait to get in there once its all done. Sorry to hear u had a leak but im so happy that nothing got ruined. Have fun going through ur stash as im sure ull find sommat u thought ud used or didnt have.