Help me with slangs

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When My daughter was small I worked on a farm. They were castrating the pigs one day. :shock: One of the farm workers showed me a handful of the testes and said ." Look! Freshwater prawns!!" As you know I was a nurse so I said to him. " I've seem Human ones of those!!!"
He went Quite White!! Never teased me again!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

lol thats funny!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

:lol: :lol: You just have to love the topics covered on here :shock:
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

The subjects covered in the "General" section are simply amazing!! Carry on ladies!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
Rose

Post by Rose »

The ones that I was refering to are from the cows. When we would brand all day at the ranch of my granddad and Uncle then dinner would be the "leftovers" of the days work :shock: if they are cooked right the are delicious. I have not had any in years. :cry:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

if i didn't know what they were i'd probably think they were good..if cooked right.

one day many years ago a co worker from Africa brought in this FAB rice dish..there were chunks of meat that looked like chicken..being sooo hungry i wolfed it down..only to discover it was cow stomach!!!! :shock:
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
tripletvn

Post by tripletvn »

I was too busy cropping and resizing my pictures to build my gallery, and when I get back to this topic, there seems to be a lot of fun here. Needless to say but I didn't mean - at all - that what you were talking about was neither interesting nor helpful, honeys, what I meant:

- No matter British or American English, I have to (try to) understand every new words, so sometimes they are not different to me.
- Mauveme is living in Canada, so I assumed that she uses American English, which should be what Rose uses. That's why I thought you both are talking about bothering British slangs but... Rose was giving me American slangs and Mauveme turned out to come from England.

And... yes, after 2 days thinking a lot, I realized that I should make things clearer. My extreme weak point is in some long-compound vocabs that I can hardly understand word-by-word or even look up in the common dictionary (sometimes they are idioms - Serinde pointed out my troubles). Also some simple meanings with complicated expressions. And I totally agree that it's easier to point out these specific troubles as soon as I find them :x Meanwhile, I'd love to hear about your jokes, wendy's is so funny. I do learn a lot from them, especially those about the Scottish words and foods.

@ Angel: I spent 14 months in Yorkshire, Leeds to be exactly. I remember typical Yorkshire English as "Thank you very mooch" :) And Irish English sounds to me just like Indian English :((
Last edited by tripletvn on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

:lol:
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend