Help! Pattern problem...

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

clheslop99

Help! Pattern problem...

Post by clheslop99 »

Hi all,

I feel bad, signing up here a while ago and barely ever making it here till I have a problem, so I apologise now! :oops:

My mum got me a lovely cross-stitch kit for Christmas - she'd seen it in a charity shop and thought it looked nice, but when I opened it and looked closer I realised although the rest of the kit was all there, the pattern wasn't!

So now I'm a bit stuck cos I know about the copyright laws etc and I'm not sure what to do next to be able to get hold of the pattern...

Any ideas would be appreciated (apart from the one I've thought of which is to buy a whole new kit, thereby duplicating everything but the pattern...!) Anyway, in case anyone has any bright ideas, the kit is 'Home for the Holidays' by Thomas Kinkade.

Thanks for reading this, I just feel really sad that I may not be able to do this lovely cross stitch because someone nicked the pattern...!

Claire x
mags

Post by mags »

Hi Claire and welcome back :D

Maybe you'll find someone who has done the kit and finished with the pattern.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Hi, Take a look on the web, they may sell the chart separately. They do that with many of the kinkaide pieces.
Rose

Post by Rose »

You could also try having your mom go back to the shop and tell them what has happened. They should try to get you the pattern to have a good customer relation. Or you could try writing to the company see if they will send you the pattern also as a good customer relation point. I don't know how good they are I have not heard very good reviews with people trying top get information or answer from their site. I hope you can find the pattern some place.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I suspect you'll be lucky to get much change out of the company, since the kit was bought at a charity shop, so I presume it's second-hand to begin with. The company won't take any responsibility for the missing chart. Lacemaker's suggestion could very well be your best bet.

And there is a special place reserved for people that give away incomplete kits or any sort or books with pages missing. :evil:
clheslop99

Post by clheslop99 »

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions, I have had a look on the web but there's not much there - no charts and the kit doesn't appear to be available any more - looked on the website for the distributor Candamar designs and it's not there. Maybe I'll just have to keep looking on Ebay!

And I will join in the SALs when I manage to find a camera that can take photos closeup! (no macro button on my cheapy one :roll: )

Claire x