Shopping online with a Mac

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Shopping online with a Mac

Post by Serinde »

For Mac users, you may have had difficulty in the past in getting your online orders out of your shopping cart and finishing the credit card processing step when buying online using, say, Safari or Firefox (does anyone use Netscape anymore?).

Have a look amongst your applications and see if you have Explorer bundled with any Microsoft stuff like Word or Excel. Use this to go online, and you might well find it will work.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

These shopping baskets are not very good are they ...you want the stuff at home not stuck in cyberspace. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Big Hugs
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

You don't realize there is a problem as everything seems normal, until the order fails to turn up :roll:
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

I'm hoping that Santa is going to bring me a new Mac computer with a PC facility. :lol: It's going to be mine, all mine (evil chuckle). I should no longer have a problem then. We do have a PC emulator on this computer, but it's SO SLOW! The only site with which I've had a problem has been Stitch Direct.

Thanks for the tip about Explorer, Serinde.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

G, I know what you mean about the emulator being like treacle. It's awful. Never use it. But who wants a PC? (Ptooey!) (No bias here, gov!) I found this, if it's any use to you (it's single Dutch to me, if you see what I mean, but might work):

http://macapper.com/2007/11/29/ies4osx- ... y-in-os-x/

Be sure to read the comments, though.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Can I ask...what is the difference between a mac and others?
Sorry if this is a silly question,but I don't know :cry:
Big Hugs
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Macs tend to be less "computational" and more intuitive. Apple design has always been interesting (no grey boxes!). Most of the differences have to do with operating systems and some hardware differences. Many of the differences have been smoothed out over the years (rather than eliminated) by the incorporation of Intel chips in new-design Macs, not to mention Microsoft's seeming wholesale take-over of the way products look (the way it appears on your desktop is pretty much the way software always was on a Mac). If you want a laugh, go here:
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
especially the early ones, like "out of the box" and "viruses"

There are things you can't do on a Mac: lots of the big computer games don't have a Mac platform, for instance; most educational games do, though. And using a Mac for anything vaguely artistic (whether its CAD/CAM or photo albums and movies) is a joy.

Not to mention that Macs saved the world at least twice (in the movies).
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Guess what! I can't get the ads to work.... :lol: :lol:
Big Hugs
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:roll: :roll: