I should be banned from going online... *great kits*

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

StitchingAgain

I should be banned from going online... *great kits*

Post by StitchingAgain »

Gosh... I really shouldn't be allowed to go online... I've now been drooling over kits at e-bay!

Has anyone ever ordered any kits there from China? I won't be ordering it now (eeeek! Electicity, gas and phone bill just arrived... *sobs* lol!), but I'd love to order some at a later date...

Take a look at this one (finishing in about 7 hours):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fabulous-Fairy-of ... dZViewItem
Considering that a lot of people are probably feeling a bit iffy about ordering from so far away, I could (when I'm ready) probably get one like it for starting price + postage... That's £9.78 for something like that! Not bad!

Also... by gorry... *remember bills!* isn't this just tempting:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-LOT-50-NEW-CROS ... dZViewItem .....*drools* All those kits! *drools some more*
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

But the electricity bills will always arrive, and these kits will be gone forever

:twisted:
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Serinde wrote:But the electricity bills will always arrive, and these kits will be gone forever
:twisted:
lol! But without electicity I'd be stitching in the dark! lol!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Details, details, details!

There I was, playing Devil's Advocate, and what's your reaction: common sense! :!:

(You could always stitch during the day... she said mischievously.) :P
Becca

Post by Becca »

I'm not even going to look on ebay, i don't want to risk getting tempted
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Quite right. They are pretty nice. You could start a shop with the kits.
Becca

Post by Becca »

Who wants to sell them when you could do them all yourself? :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Good Point :!:
razzamatazz

Re: I should be banned from going online... *great kits*

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi Stitching Again

Quote .....Has anyone ever ordered any kits there from China? I won't be ordering it now (eeeek! Electicity, gas and phone bill just arrived... *sobs* lol!), but I'd love to order some at a later date...

If you are buying from eBay don't worry if it's from China, check the seller's feedback, I personally wouldn't buy from anyone with less than 95% positive feedback and I have bought quite a few items from China/Hong Kong ie perfume, jewellery, skin care....never had a problem with any of the transactions, from my experience they have all been really helpful and eager to please and the items arrived very quickly...I was pleasantly surprised

If you aren't sure about someone's feedback let me have their eBay I.D. and I will check them out for you

Hope this helps

Maggie xx 8)
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Their feedback is good (for the China kits), but then again, they could be doing the same trick as one of my stepsons (who's been kicked out of e-bay about 5 times)... he has his mates "buy" stuff off him to give him good feedback.

Ah, well... I just MUST buy one, but AFTER the bills are paid! lol!
catkin

Post by catkin »

I once ordered from ebay and got a dimensions "Elegant Palm Kit". The seller was a ebay shop and had really good ratings so I figured it would be ok. The cross stitch stuff is so much cheaper in the US and even with postage I found it very good.It wasn't a bid but a fixed price.
The only thing I had problems with was the payment. They used paypal which I couldn't manage to register with as they don't do it here yet but with help from the seller ( who was very good) I eventually found bid pay which I did manage to use.
Joan
tab72

Post by tab72 »

Hi i buy kits from ebay quite alot i also buy charts as well and have never had a problem. I also have to control myself as i see lot's on there and i also have lot's i hav'nt done yet but what the heck i don't think you can ever have too many can you!!!!!
I'd say go for it after the bills have been paid.

tab72. :roll:
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I will! My partner bought a fishing pole today for £30... and I just added the bills up to £580! And we're surviving on one income... Well... if he thinks we can afford a fishing pole for £30, when he doesn't go fishing... then I can certainly afford £10 for a kit, as I do stitch! lol!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Ah, yes. It's power tools for woodwork in this house... (garage, actually). 8)
tina

Post by tina »

i'v had several kit's from ebay recently, some from internet shops, others from private sellers, all transactions have gone ok, kits have been excellent, as already said, check out the sellers feedback, i do buy from sellers with the odd 1 or 2 negative feedbacks if the majority is good, as of yet have not had any problems. i find kits from the usa are of excellent vaule and far cheaper than those bought in the uk.

on the subject of buying more crossstitch or paying the bills, why not become an ebay seller, i.v just in the last 3 weeks sold all my old nursing text books on ebay, (qualified as a nurse 12 months ago aged 40 +), and made enough money to fund my next 18 months of crossstitch.

i'm currently bidding on my frist kit from china, hopefully all will go well.
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi,
I have bought several charts/books/threads/kits from ebay. To start with I was nervous and so stuck to the UK. But when I was searching for something specific recently I found it in the USA for a tiny fraction of the UK costs, and that included postage. Since then I have also bought from australia.
The only advice I would give is to watch the sellers postage. One seller I dealt with in the USA was charging almost 3 times what another was for the same sort of weight.
Have never bought freom china though.

good luck and keep us all posted on how it goes!