howdy :)

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rubyviolet

howdy :)

Post by rubyviolet »

i just wanted to introduce myself :D i live in washington state in the us (but originally a southern girl, from alabama). i've been stitching since i was 12-ish, mainly because my favorite aunt did a lot of embroidery. i wanted to learn embroidery because it allowed me to spend time with her, and i've done it ever since. i'm currently trying to finish college (2 semesters!) and love stitching in my free time :) hope to make lots of friends here and learn new things :D
Collette

Post by Collette »

Hello rubyviolet, welcome to the forum :) Hope you like it here 8)

Hello to all other new members too that have joined, can't keep up, there is lot's!
raelou

Post by raelou »

Hello Rubyviolet and Welcome to the forum. :D
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Howdy to you too, Rubyviolet and welcome to the forum We're a friendly bunch, so join in and I hope you enjoy your visits. Collette is right, we've had lots of new members recently from all over the world - it's great! :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome, Rubyviolet, from the sunny and warm west of Scotland. I visited your part of the world once, and it was fabulous: Mt Ranier! King Crabs! Cascade mountains! Rain... just like home! :lol: :lol:
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Hi Rubyviolet and a big welcome to you from the east of England, but orginally from Missouri!
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Welcome Rubyviolet from hot and humid Canada. Glad you found us. This is a great forum. Lots of interesting members :roll: :lol: :lol: . :lol: What are you working on at the moment? You should post pics in the gallery, we love to see what everyone is stitching.
Linda
merrywether

Post by merrywether »

Welcome from Illinois! :)
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Just wanted to say hi and glad you have joined the family
Rose

Post by Rose »

Welcome rubyviolet from another West Coaster. I am down in California. Don't think anything I am not a native I was born and raised in Montana.

Two Aunts lived in Washington Ephrata and Moses Lake. I still have cousins there but don't get to see them much.

Hope you stick around there is always something new going on. We play bingo, are trying to get an RR going in Sept. there is a chart swap in progress but the mail system is making it slow. And another recent member just introduced us to ATC, if you are like I was don't know about them but they are trading cards that you exchange with your own personal art work on them. We would like to try an exchange of those also sometime after Sept as we are all very busy right now. Please feel free to join any of this things and ask any question we are full of information.

We are full of other things too. :o A bit of a zany bunch we can be so I hope you enjoy your time here.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
rubyviolet

Post by rubyviolet »

Welcome, Rubyviolet, from the sunny and warm west of Scotland. I visited your part of the world once, and it was fabulous: Mt Ranier! King Crabs! Cascade mountains! Rain... just like home!
hehe i've actually heard several friends who have visited from london say that the weather is very similiar. rainy, rainy, rainy, couple minutes of sunshine, rain, rain, rain. hehe. i like it though. i can see mt. rainier from my house, so you weren't too far away from where i live!

as far as what i'm stitching, right now it's a teddy bear piece. i've done several patterns with cats in them, so i try to stay away from them now heh (i have three cat children myself, so i'm partial). as far as patterns of my own design, i'm planning on doing 4 or 5 cross stitches of my favorite quotations. nothing special, just something i'd like to do :)
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

Welcome rubyviolet from a displaced aussie now living in Essex, UK!! Love your username, my two fave colours!!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

And a welcome from me too, an ex-pat UK stitcher, now retired and living in SW France. It's amazing just how wide an appeal cross stitching has isn't it?
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Hello Rubyviolet, Welcome to the forum. :D
hada56

Post by hada56 »

hi and welcome! hope you have a great time one the forum.
My youngest sister lives in Washington state, near Seattle..
Viktoriya

Welcome!

Post by Viktoriya »

Hi Ruby and welcome! We are really from around the whole world. I am from New York, but originally I came here from Ukraine (Kiev). This is so interesting to meet many different people who have same hobby. I am new too and believe to make friends here.