New SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

totallythreadup

New SAL

Post by totallythreadup »

I've just started stitching again after many years and am about to finish a project I have been working on called Winter Dog. I am hoping to start a new SAL where we all start at the roughly the same time stitching a similar design. I know by doing this it would encourage me to carry on stitching and not have yet another unfinished project and also it would be great to make new friends.

I would quite like to stitch something from http://www.inkcircles.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank such as Cirque de Triangles or Cirque de Circles using just one colour but am open to suggestions.

If you would like to start something with me I would love to hear from you
http:\\totallythreadup.wordpress.com
Busy_B

Re: New SAL

Post by Busy_B »

I think Mabel (hopefully I have the right person-not thinking clearly right now) has a few of these in her to do list. There's also a couple of free pattern SALs that some are joining in on--one is Serendipity and then there's another one by the same group.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
totallythreadup

Post by totallythreadup »

Thanks Busy-B I'll take a look.
http:\\totallythreadup.wordpress.com
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hi, as Busy_B said we've sort of started the Serendipity SAL (we're all still choosing colours and fabrics and so), and in April I'm going to start another Papillon SAL, their "How Does Your Garden Grow" sampler; you can read about that idea here.

I would also like to do a SAL on Ink Circles' BoINK (which Serinde, Agi and Wendy have done as a SAL already), for which I've got the threads ready, and I do have all their Cirque charts as well, but don't think I'll start any of those yet; I'd like to do all three of them eventually, on 40ct silk gauze with silk floss, and frame them together, but that's long term thinking.

If you'd like to join in with either of the Papillon SALs you're very welcome! For the Sernedipity one you can pm me for the chart.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

*parks magic bench, relaxes with :tea: and :cake: to await progress*
kell

Post by kell »

Wow! Those are gorgeous designs. I think I'll try tackling a few of the smaller, simpler ones before trying the larger projects though. Good luck with your project! :D