Storage problems I need help

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

welsh wendy

Storage problems I need help

Post by welsh wendy »

Hello :)

I was just looking for something and have just discovered that I have a big storage problem.

I live in a small flat and have just realised that my stitching things are now scattered all over the place in various cuboards and under tables, chairs etc.
And I have a lot more than I thought I had. :roll:

Does anyone have a practical and inexpensive solution to this please :?:
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I'm about as unpractical as you can get! lol! I always dream of getting one of those large big oldfashion trunks! They'd look great where ever they are, and you could store heaps of things there!

All my stitching, except what I'm presently doing is stored in my Nightmare Closet, so the problem with me is always the work in progress... We're planning to buy at the end of next month a coffeetable with drawers, and that would make the coffeetable look nice! Now it's full of remotecontrols, stitching stuff and yatzee stuff!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Over the years I have collected wicker baskets, some with tops and some without, that I use to store all my stuff. I pile one on top of the other in the back room. Magazines are in file boxes on a shelf. Threads are in plastic boxes (except the ones that are in plastic bags in the wicker boxes, of course.) But I'm running out of room. I blame it on the other three who live here.

I guess I thought our hobby (aka addiction) was meant to take over...

Little WIPs I keep by my 'stitching chair' in a little red bag made by my niece. Allegedly I work on my main WIP. When I can.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Storage problems!!!!! you are not alone. i use a filing cabinet for my patterns and mags. i have under the bed storage boxes for everything else that way it gets hidden under the beds. i also have what Stitching Again calls her nightmare closest (which by the way i love that name) i used to call mine the stay out of closet but nightmare is more appropriate. As i have a 20 year collection is really everywhere i can fine a spot for it. I really wish i could have a cross stitch room with cupboards and drawers and nice lighting big table ........ oh sorry i was dreaming again.

Good luck with your storage

Debbie
razzamatazz

Post by razzamatazz »

Hi girls

Wendy how about some of those plastic crates with lids, they vary in size and price but aren't over expensive and they stack.

I use different coloured ones, I have some small ones for my sewing stuff and larger ones for storing stock for my business, they keep everything safe and clean......I bought a brilliant set from B & Q for my daugher at the weekend which comes flat packed and easily fits together, it is a small 6 drawer system, drawers are bit smaller than shoe box size, on castors, not too big and easy to move around, she uses hers for all her pens, pencils etc, from memory it was £14.95, I looked on their website but can't find it so it is probably only available in store.

Cheers
Maggie xx 8)