I can sew!!!

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Angel

I can sew!!!

Post by Angel »

I learned how to sew the other week! I've only done some really simple things. Re-hemmed some onsies to make actual vests since my daughter is now out of nappies the poppers just kept getting in the way and real vests sized 3-6m are difficult to track down and not cheap. I don't have photos because it's so trivial, but I've only ever used a machine to restitch popped seams lol so it's a huge thing for me.

I also learned how to make skirts...without a pattern! My aunt and I made one together and I can't wait to get a free day so I can make a million more! So this is my first attemt and I think it turned out beautifully!
This is it before we hemmed it:
While she was fast asleep:
Pic from above while she was doing the shopping:

My daughter does not stay still and it is so hard to photograph it being worn lol But I think I did a good job anyway ^_^ Even if I can't photograph it :P
wendywombat

Re: I can sew!!!

Post by wendywombat »

You can sew Indeed!!

I love that skirt and Ziggy looks very pleased with herself in it! :applesauce: :applesauce:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Of course you can! Who would have doubted it? Have you seen dresses for little girls using jellyrolls (those coordinated fabrics for quilters). They are very sweet. Also quick and colourful. Now that you are using a machine (again), there will be no stopping you! :P
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

:whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: Well done Angel. That is very pretty. You must be pleased to have made that. Always a thrill when you learn to do something new. I only used sewing machine when I had to, never felt that comfortable using one. In the end could not get tensions on stitches right so gave up & sold the machine Over the years I had one made several dresses for myself & curtains. Nothing fancy.
Look forward to seeing more of your delightful little girl in your newly made creations. Are you about to launch a new fashion house making baby garments? Maybe this is the start of something big! Who knows. Joking apart, I hope you do enjoy making more garments along with your cross stitch. :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
cristaltipps

Post by cristaltipps »

Whilst the sewing is very lovely (and isn't it a huge buzz to actually create stuff yourself) I am actually more impressed that she is out of nappies at 9 months old!
Angel

Post by Angel »

No, I haven't seen those dresses. I shall have to look them up. We actually made up our own pattern and I'm now pretty confident to attempt recreating a skirt J already has but in my fabrics.

haha yeah, I actualy have some serious bragging to do with Ziggy, but I have a feeling most people would roll their eyes at me and back away slowly. She isn't quite perfectly dry yet, but she's no longer requiring nappies. So she goes nappy free at home and wears a pull up when we go outside in case of accidents which are getting so rare that we're looking at switcching to regular knickers and putting a liner in them.
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

My word, that is very good for a child under 1 yr old. :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Is she, by any chance, and Avocado Baby? :D
Angel

Post by Angel »

She's never had an avocado lol but she will keep bullies at bay. She's this tiny little picture of a delicate little girl but she pulled her 15m best friend right off her feet today and can hold her own when the 2year pods start getting rough.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I'm impressed with your sewing. I'm not very good at it - I can make pillows and quilts (not perfectly), but not clothes.

I love hearing about/seeing Ziggy. She's going to keep you busy, that's for sure, but what a perfectly wonderful busy it is.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Angel

Post by Angel »

I need to get her daddy to take her out for the day soon so I can make her some more clothes. I have the bug lol

She's always kept me busy. She could hold her head up from birth and roll over from about 1week old. I love every second of it though. Yesterday she learned how to feed herself with a spoon properly and how to go down a slide on purpose at soft play :P We're off to get yet another new pair of shoes for her today because learning to walk is EXPENSIVE!
carolanne

Post by carolanne »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: She and the skirt are super adorable!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Love that skirt - way to go Angel and isn't Ziggy gorgeous. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262