Blue jumper

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lavenderbee

Blue jumper

Post by lavenderbee »

Recently finished this blue jumper for myself. Have not made anything this big for myself for about 25 years. Sounds awful when you think that is quarter of a century & I am 2 sizes larger now!! Years go by sooo quickly. Have made myself hats tho. Am making cherry red jacket now & doing it plain as pattern will not show up on the rich red yarn. After that, will knit for charity again for a few months before make 2 more things for myself. Have yarn, Pumpkin, is one & obviously lovely orange colour & the other is Ocean Mist, a pale turquoise.

Thank you for looking :)
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
rcperryls

Re: Blue jumper

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful!!! I tried knitting once many many many years ago. I had an aunt who did beautiful pieces and she helped me make a vest. I wore it despite the fact that it wasn't very good. Too many stitches to keep track of at one time. I always had too many or too few on the needle :oops: . Love that color too. :thumbsup:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

A lovely cheerful blue! Looks warm, too! :D

I used to knit like a demon when my daughter was small...all sorts of things. If I wanted something for myself I used to buy the wool and give it to my Mum to do for me! :lol:
Now it's just for the grandchildren, with the odd thing for me and 'im ....in the intervening years I'm amazed how much wool has increased in price :shock: also how many more delicious yarns that are available. :D

When I'm in Orkney in July I've put aside some of my 'craft budget' to bring back some of the lovely yarns that are available there. :dance:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I always have something on the needles but they take me years to knit.

Love your jumper and I bet it is lovely and cosy to wear too. Sounds like you have a good lot of knitting in the months to come too. Good on you for going back to it.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Thank you all. Yes, it was lovely & warm when I tried it on & that is why I need to knit another one so I can change them regularly. This took about 3 months to make. Always good to have some knitting about Sally - as I've said before I like to so something while watching documentaries on TV.

You will have a lovely time selecting wool in the Orkneys Wendy. Unfortunately I cannot wear pure wool or anything with wool in it, I itch constantly. In 1960s my then MIL sent away to Scotland for a pure wool jumper, she forgot I could not wear anything with that yarn. She was really thrilled about this Christmas present but I could not wear it very often & even when I did I had to wear a cotton blouse under it. Once she commented on not seeing me wearing it & I told her I kept it for best; but a few weeks later when we went to visit I did wear it with a short sleeved blouse underneath & sat all this Sunday itching like crazy. Had to keep moving sleeves & neck to relieve it.

My mum used to knit my school jumpers but of course always wore a school blouse underneath. Just after I started work mum knitted a cable twinset for me in the new yarn that came out, nylon. It was a beautiful turquoise & mum was very good at knitting as well as sewing. I loved it when I unwrapped it that Christmas but when I wore it first time I itched all the time. I did wear it a few times but in the end although I felt awful, I did have to tell me mum. I was upset as she had sat knitting it the evenings I went out so as to keep it a surprise. I could not wear the cardigan with a blouse very often as even then it still made me itch. It was such a shame. I have sensitive skin like my dad & his mother.
Last edited by lavenderbee on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

Very nice. I like the colour too.