Needle case/roll

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

19Roland19

Needle case/roll

Post by 19Roland19 »

Does anyone use a needle case or a needle roll for their sewing supplies? I'm considering making one and I'm interesting in seeing pictures of any people use.

I'm debating how much to actually out in it, beyond just needled.
richardandtracy

Re: Needle case/roll

Post by richardandtracy »

Sorry, I don't. And I don't use a pen roll either.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I use various types of needle storage while working and others for when I'm not.

For storage of spare needles for future use I use a mixture of wooden tubes, plastinc tubes, and a very very simple needle roll which consists of two rectangular pieces of felt and a bit of ribbon, based on Mary Corbet's basic needle roll. My only addition is size numbers embroidered on the inner felt so I know which needles are which :-)

For storage during stitching I use either a scrap of felt/evenweave with the needles I'll need stuck in it, and that will sit in my project box; or I'll use a little matchbook needle book which is really quick to make (especially if you choose not to decorate it but keep it plain).
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

I thought I had replied in this thread. Must have been dreaming.
richardandtracy wrote:Sorry, I don't. And I don't use a pen roll either.

Regards,

Richard.
I don't even know if you are joking....is there such a thing as a pen roll? I have looked at some of your pens and they are wonderful. My husband loves pens. His favourite presents have almost always been pens.

Mable, I love that matchbook suggestion. I don't think it's quite what I'm interested in making right now, but it's something I might decide to make a batch of to give as little gifts. They are so cute.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

No, I'm not joking about a pen roll - take a look at this search link: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pen+r ... TPf2YHg%3D
They tend to be a nice soft way of carrying multiple pens without risk of damage. Useful if the pens are quite valuable to you. However, I never carry more than 2, and use a shirt pocket.

Can I suggest you point your husband in the direction of the Fountain Pen Network (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com) where he'd be very at home with 95,000 other FP nuts. There is a risk with all such things - it could get expensive when he sees what other gorgeous pens are available! (Must declare an interest - I'm a moderator there, with the same user name & avatar)

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

My husband considers the Internet where he works...off hours he does not enter.

Those rolls are lovely though. He rarely carries more than two, but I could see him asking for a roll like that.

Our oldest son inherited the love of pens (and watches). But he doesn't usually use a good pen because in his line of work people sometimes accidentally keep his pen, and other times ask for it. So, he has a supply of decent quality with his name, number, and business printed on them. (Better quality than most people use for those, but not $100 pens.) he gives them away and leaves them places. He also considers the Internet where he works.