Sandblast etch completed on mirror (pic intensive)

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Leroy_B

Re: Sandblast etch completed on mirror (pic intensive)

Post by Leroy_B »

Thank you again. Glad ya'll found the step by step informative. Well the mirror has found its home on the clubhouse walls. The member that I helped position it on the wall is the same one that will frame the mirror. He ran a few ideas past me and the ideas are creative. Some of the ideas he has are great. I'll get a pic if framed and it's new home. The club has to vote on the frame since it'll cost a few dollars for wood, stain, and other interesting effects to fit the style of the club. I'm hoping it's framed for this Saturdays St Patties Day party. More to come.
Leroy
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

I can't believe it but they want me to remove my name and date from the mirror, it's engraved. Somehow block over it. I said no. Let someone else ruin it. It's theirs to do what they want.
Leroy
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Leroy_B wrote:I can't believe it but they want me to remove my name and date from the mirror, it's engraved. Somehow block over it. I said no. Let someone else ruin it. It's theirs to do what they want.
That just isn't right at all :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Rose

Post by Rose »

I would just tell them that artist sign there work all of the time. You did not do the original art but you did create the work on to the mirror. I can not believe it is that noticeable that it needs to be removed. Tell them to bugger off.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Rose wrote:I would just tell them that artist sign there work all of the time. You did not do the original art but you did create the work on to the mirror. I can not believe it is that noticeable that it needs to be removed. Tell them to bugger off.
I agree completely!!!

Carole
:doh:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

Caught me by surprise, blindsided. Never in my life had I ever heard that happen to an artist. It stays out of pride and legacy. If they ruin the name/cover up it sends a message to the person viewing it about the club. Granted tattoo artists don't sign skin, you the bearer tell others of the artist.
Leroy