Post by charmagne_capalad »

I've only seen this now...Rose, that's beautiful! :applesauce: I love it! :wub:
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
tattyted

Re: Quilting and cross stitching

Post by tattyted »

Only new to this site so forgive me for digging up 'old' threads if I have! Just wanted to say that all the quilts on here are fantastic and so beautiful. What treasures. I made my first one as a project for school when I was 15/16. And I have made another since. Think I was about 20. I will have to dig them out of their dust free storage and take some photos for you. Their nothing impressive but I love them all the same. Watch this space!
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

Rose wrote: To start with I was taught by my mom years ago. I think the first quilt I did was at the age of 9. Yes they did have sewing machines way back then. :P
Sorry, I just ran across this thread. I had to laugh when I saw this comment, Rose. I know I'm younger (30), but I learned how to sew growing up on one of the old Singer trundle machines. (The ones that you power with a peddle using your feet.) I even used it to do some of the sewing for items for my wedding 7 years ago and to make curtains for our nursery before our son was born in 2002.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Rose

Post by Rose »

Those are such neat machines. My mom has one and it was used occasionally, but most of the sewing wash done on a Singer. Very nice machine wish the ones today were as good.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror