Punchneedle

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mystonique

Punchneedle

Post by Mystonique »

Another post here (with a Youtube of a fast stitcher) let me to a Youtube of a Russian punchneedler.

Has anyone tried this - thoughts? It looks like fun, I may have to find the appropriate tool and give it a go.
Myst..
janny

Re: Punchneedle

Post by janny »

Hi Myst
I went to the Ipswich Show and there was lady doing Bunka Punch embroidery which is almost the same. I purchased a kit with a couple of cards, took it home and had a terrible time trying to perfect the stitches. I rang her and it so happens she was running a class in Ipswich the following day so went along and learned the basics. Have not done any since but will maybe pick it up again when my stitchy bug needs a holiday. There are some beautiful designs and I am sure with more practice they are doable !!
She has a shop called Klema's Punch Embroidery at Bethania, if you want her email or phone just pm me.
Cheers Jan
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

I'd never heard of punchneedle before so have promptly youtubed it! That looks really interesting. I think I'm going to need that time machine though - now I have latch hook, tablet weaving and punchneedle that I want to try :lol:
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

Ditto on the time machine. I also do creative tapestry and hardanger.

I really love the way crafts can be shared and learned so easily via the internet but I wonder if it's inhibiting our creativity to invent new things a bit too (as there are so many already invented to try and access is much easier than ever before).
Myst..
honeyfree

Post by honeyfree »

That looks really interesting. I think I'm going to need that time machine though - now I have latch hook,
Laughin-Stitches

Post by Laughin-Stitches »

~One Stitch At A Time~
Athalie

Post by Athalie »

Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

Myst..
Laughin-Stitches

~One Stitch At A Time~
Laughin-Stitches

~One Stitch At A Time~
Chrissyml

Post by Chrissyml »

gardeninglady2012

Post by gardeninglady2012 »

lytehouse

Post by lytehouse »

I've done a few punch needle projects.....I first learned 'how to' at cross stitch camp in Tulsa, Ok. It's fairly easy once you get the tension in your fabric just right, it needs to be extremely tight in your hoop. And fabric matters, I believe I was told the best is a muslin. I attached a pic, the 2 items on the right are punch needle.
It really is kinda fun to do but drives my husband a little batty...the repetitive sound it makes kinda bugs him :lol:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b61 ... 4b724e.jpg" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by lytehouse on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

wow yours are so neat and beautiful. Mine are somewhat rustic looking (read MESSY). None of my loops is a matching size ... at first I unpicked it to death trying to get them exactly right but I was damaging the fabric so now I just call it a "practice piece" 8} that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Myst..
Leroy_B

Post by Leroy_B »

How odd that today after shoveling 3 feet of snow off most of the roof I decided to relax and wind up some floss and organize the plastic floss bins. I pulls out a bag in one of the stash boxes I must of picked up at a yard sale 10 years ago. It was a punchneedle, floss, dinosaurs ironed on fabric. I had no clue what it was or how to thread it, now I do after a few YouTube tutorials, doesn't look too tough to figure out. Honestly have way too much on my plate to pick up or add more the art office. Rain in the forecast, heavy snow on the roof, not a good combo. Thanks for clearing up how it's done rejuvenating the post.
Leroy
lytehouse

Post by lytehouse »

Thank You for the nice compliment Myst!
I think the key to having uniform loops is the needle...I was taught with a small piece of tubing on it that stops at the same length every time. I will try to post a pic of what I mean, hopefully tomorrow???

and Leroy, snow & rain? yuck...you guys on the east coast have had more snow than we have had in Colorado in a year!