Carole's WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Carole

Carole's WIPs

Post by Carole »

My last thread hasn't been updated for well over a year so I thought, New year = new thread and here it is :D

I seem to be back in the habit of stitching again so will hopefully have lots of excuses to spend a bit of time here again after a wee absence.

I've just finished stitching this, which I loved doing with all the pretty colours. It's A whole lotta latte by Dimensions.

I ran out of a couple of the thread colours near the end but Dimensions were excellent and posted out more thread really quickly.

I've just started Crazy cat lady, which I thought was quite appropriate for me to do. This is what it'll look like when finished.

Isn't it perfect for me?

I still have just the three helpers.

Last time I posted, Rosie was still a kitten and quite small. She's been growing nicely and I'm pretty sure she's going to overtake Frodo in the size department, if she hasn't already. It's a bit hard to tell as she has so much floof :wub:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

mags

Re: Carole's WIPs

Post by mags »

Hi Carole, I have been missing a bit too. Love the Latte stitch and look forward to seeing your very appropriate cat lady stitch. Gorgeous photo of your cats too. :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Oh those gorgeous cats. I love Frodo, he looks so mischievous, and Rosie so aloof.

The cat lady one.. Promise never to get that bad! At our last house the previous owner had been a cat lady, passing away in her 90's owning 13 cats. The house was absolutely eyewatering in the intensity of the cat smell when we first looked at it. We were given the keys by the estate agent as they didn't want to go in. When we opened the front door, we recoiled at the stench, and left the place airing for 5 mins before going in. We later found the oven warming drawer was 3" deep in mouse droppings. The cats were so over fed they never caught a single mouse.
Sorry, I digress. It should be lovely.

As for the other, latte is not my cup of tea. It's well stitched though, and well finished.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
poppy

Post by poppy »

A whole lotta latte is very colourful, a joy to look at!
The cat lady kit will be fun to stitch. As for your 3 helpers, they are beautiful and so different too.

Richard, I was cringing as I read about your account of what state you found the house in. I am surprised you bought it! It must have taken some time to make it sweet smelling again.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Poppy,

Some houses have a welcoming feel. That one did, which is why we took it on. There was a vast amount of work. The old lady's dad had been the developer of the street and lived in it. She took it over and married the boy next door. When we bought it in 1992 we were the third owners since 1898. The most recent improvement were the 6 electric light bulbs and one socket dating to 1936. The bathroom had a bath and a cold tap, nothing else. The toilet was outside. The roof had a hole in it and wet rot creeping over the adjacent walls.
But it felt welcoming.
So, I did most of the work, and we did it up as we could afford it. The winter before the heating went in, one day I registered -6C in the warmest room. Despite 4 fires going full blast.

Oh we also inherited cat number 13, because he was too wild to be caught. Eventually he turned into a little sweetie.

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The lattes are so cheerful! The cat lady is just perfect (or should that be purrfect?) and what a gorgeous pic of your three helpers!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Love yours cats Carol & also Richard & Tracy's history of cat & house. Most we've had at one time is 4 but just got Jet now. You always know when a home is right for you when you get that warm feeling.. You did have a lot to contend with to start with though. (Sorry just seen you just sign Richard :oops: )

Really love the colours in latte one & the cat lady I looked at a few months back Look forward to seeing you stitch it. Should be fun watching to see what is coming up next as you stitch. Hope you have fun doing it. Will be awesome when finished I should think.
Daisy :)
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thanks Richard, it is very interesting to read. I am sure that you learned a lot about how to work in all kind of trades, while restoring the house and also ,acquiring some muscle strength! I remember having ice on our windows (inside) in our first place

richardandtracy wrote:Oh we also inherited cat number 13, because he was too wild to be caught. Eventually he turned into a little sweetie.
Carole, we do love cats! :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you again! and the kitties! Love latte (to drink as well as to see it being stitched) and think Crazy Cat Lady will be loads of fun (and not so sure she's crazy :roll: ). Looking forward to your updates.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

poppy wrote:A whole lotta latte is very colourful, a joy to look at!
The cat lady kit will be fun to stitch. As for your 3 helpers, they are beautiful and so different too.

Richard, I was cringing as I read about your account of what state you found the house in. I am surprised you bought it! It must have taken some time to make it sweet smelling again.

My dad's house smelt like that and he didn't have cats!!!!!! :gurn: :gurn: :smelly:

I like the heap of cups and the Cat Lady made me smile.
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Super finish on a whole lotta latte :whoop: I love your photo and your next project can't wait to see your updates :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Carole

Post by Carole »

richardandtracy wrote:Oh those gorgeous cats. I love Frodo, he looks so mischievous, and Rosie so aloof.

The cat lady one.. Promise never to get that bad!

Richard.
We'll be sticking at three. I was very tempted to get one more last year, but there's no room for another litter tray or the extra food dish so we had to be sensible :neutral:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Well Done on finishing the Latte one so beautifully, its gorgeous and such lovely colours.

As for the cat lady one, I looked at it some years ago but decided not to buy it so I look forward very much to watching you stitch it. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Catz

Post by Catz »

Love the coffee pic. The crazy cat lady looks like our house with our 8 cats, and I do have one who sits on my shoulders some time when I am stitching.
Your cats our beautiful
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Well done, stitching on this dark fabric was not easy for sure.

Your new cat pic is so cool, I'm looking forward to seeing it coming along.

Your cats are all gorgeous!
Sina
Carole

Post by Carole »

I'm cracking on with Crazy Cat Lady and have made a decent start on it. I'm doing the backstitch as I go along, as there's tons of it :shock:

Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I do like this design! :dance: Good idea to do the Back stitching as you go! :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote:I do like this design! :dance: Good idea to do the Back stitching as you go! :D
I do too! I think I recognize Laverne in a few of those designs! :lol:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mags

Post by mags »

This must be a very fun stitch. :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

I can see why you are doing the back stitch as you go you've done loads already :shock:

It looks like a lot of fun to stitch and its a lovely design :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow