Periwinkle Cottage on 26/01

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

daisymay

Periwinkle Cottage on 26/01

Post by daisymay »

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh5 ... vt1upw.jpg" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

post image not working & Pb taken ages. Had to join & then work out how to do it without adverts popping up!! Over an hour trying ot upload this topic. I'm exhausted!! need a lovely cuppa & a lie down.

Will get to grips with putting pics up even if it takes ages, it will not beat me. Famous last words I suspect.

Thank you

Daisy
Last edited by daisymay on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Daisy :)
daisymay

Re: Periwinkle Cottage

Post by daisymay »

picture of kit front. Did it quicker this time, thankfully.

Nicola Main

Re: Periwinkle Cottage - 2 separate pictures posted

Post by Nicola Main »

Beautiful! Can't wait for you to start this!
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Thanks you. If you click on link on first post you will see what I've done. had to put kit picture on 2nd post, as I didn't want to lose first message I put up. Should have saved first one in Draft folder then added 2nd picture link but didn't think, got muddled after trying for so long :roll:
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Lilliput Lane never fails. Looking forward for your updates on this.
Lyudmila
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

My apologies Daisy you've made a great start on it! Looking forward to seeing more xxx
Work in Progress
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

So pretty!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I looked earlier and saw the kit picture. Really nice......the image has disappeared since thanks to Photobucket :doh: I use Tinypics
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Thanks all Came on to check all is OK as I changed browser earlier because one I chose was playing up. Gone back to my normal browser & I'll stick with it. Will try Tinypics as PB is a real pain.

Sorry about this.Will try & get picture on properly via Tinypics in next few days.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

You have made a lovely start with your Lilyput Lane one it is looking gorgeous.

With Post Image, once you have got the JPG up wait a minute or so and the link will come up with lots of writing. Click on thumbnail for forums and don't forget to right click the icon on the right hand side and click copy on your browser and it should come up ok.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Thanks for info .Have used PI before but it was off line completely yesterday. Read a notice that it had been off for 4 days. Just checked & it is on now. Will use that in future as I prefer it. Not had probs with PI before yesterday when on another cross stitch website, Not on that one any more as they were't very friendly. No one answered my posts so that's why I decided to join this forum - all the natives seems friendly. Well you would being cat/dog lovers :lol:

Will sort picture out later on today as I have to go out now. An early start this morning but again thanks for advice. from you & others who commented. Appreciate getting a reply :)
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

here is the kit image

rcperryls

Re: Periwinkle Cottage - update, kit pic at end

Post by rcperryls »

I think that is going to be a beautiful project and you have made a good start. I was one who rarely had problems with Photobucket and was very disappointed at the fees they are now charging, but find that postimage seems to be doing a pretty good job for now. Sometimes we're slow replying, but usually that is not a problem around here. Because we cover so many time zones, someone is usually around and a reply is not long in coming.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Thank you, I like this design is colourful. A lot of green but can stitch bright ones in between to spread it out. The Anchor thread does not twist like DMC does. It seems to have a slightly silky sheen to it too.

Yes, people can't always reply quickly or sometimes a post does not need a reply. On the other site I had 3 or 4 welcome messages which is fair enough, they had global members too. For a couple of weeks I tried to be friendly without being too intrusive; like I would ask someone what they were making if they had mentioned 2nd hobby they were doing in the afternoons, leaving x stitch until the evening. Checked whenever I could, still posted a few other remarks every few days about how nice someone's stitching work was, hoped their cold soon cleared up, glad they bought some new shoes they wanted etc. just general chit chat.

After a few weeks decided I'd not post just see if I got an reply to anything. Not a word, & the 2 others had joined within a few days of me hadn't got replies either apart from the Welcome ones.

I understand people who go on forums build up friendships over previous years, as one does in life outside the Internet,but to get no replies other than from the other 2 new ladies was a bit off putting while 'old hands' were still posting remarks to each other. Left it another week or so, nothing, went back a few weeks later & still nothing. I looked back over the pages & saw the other 2 newbies had not posted for weeks either so realised it was not just me. I did try posting a few more times but still no reply at all so decided not to bother any more. Thought several months of trying was enough. Obviously the other 2 newbies had thought the same as me as they had disappeared by then.

It takes all sorts I know but this forum seems to be so much friendlier & it is amazing all the knowledge you can acquire in Tips & Tricks. Look forward to learning more as time goes by & seeing the beautiful work each person does. Lovely to see so many varieties of project themes.
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Don't worry Daisy you're definitely on the right forum now! I've been a member here for coming up for 4 and a half years and I just love it. I've really learnt a lot about cross stitching and ways to improve. I love seeing the variety of projects that people are stitching from tiny little mini projects to massive ones that take years. I may not post every day but I always make a point of coming on to see what's happening :D
Work in Progress
poppy

Post by poppy »

Periwinkle Cottage has such wonderful colours, it will be a joy to follow its progress. You have made a great start.

I find this forum very helpful and friendly. There has been time when I could not post for long period but on my return, everybody was still as friendly. I am glad that you are part of it now. :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Thank you both.

Nicola i can understand you pop in for a look see but not post some days. Each day is different.

Poppy what a wonderful thing to say, thank you very much. I am glad I am on here too.
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Great start on Periwinkle Cottage, its gorgeous and the garden is stunning I can't wait to see more :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Carole

Post by Carole »

The cottage is lovely. It reminds me of my very first cross stitch project, which was a cottage with a beautiful garden and a wrought iron gate. Looking forward to seeing your progress :applesauce:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Catz

Post by Catz »

It is a beautiful cottage