My Projects, Wolfie.

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

rcperryls

Re: My Long Term Project, 32count wolf.

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: I love your wolves and am really looking forward to seeing your progress on it. The Oriental designs are lovely. I couldn't see the last one as the Photobucket photo didn't come through on my computer. A lot of us have moved to other programs like postimage since Photobucket no longer provides a free service.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Wolfe85

Post by Wolfe85 »

Hi carole,
rcperryls wrote:I couldn't see the last one as the Photobucket photo didn't come through on my computer.
Ive edited my post to use post image, hopefully you will be able to see the picture now.

Cheers

Wolfie
poppy

Post by poppy »

Lovely update! The colours on her kimono are so rich and vibrant. :applesauce:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Dotty-Rose

Post by Dotty-Rose »

I love oriental designs, especially geisha and samurai :) I didn't even know they did a petite collection, I have the Elegance of the Orient and the Mighty Samurai which are from the Gold Collection but now I've seen these I'm thinking I could do all four and have the all framed on my wall :D

It looks like you're getting on well with it though! And I'm loving the wolfie :)
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Love the wolves, Wolfie, a beautiful picture.

As for the geishas, where you are now on this one is where I went wrong!! Did the darker where lighter should be & vice versa. I got agitated as not my best work. Fitted it between larger project & found I couldn't concentrate properly on her. She is so pretty, esp. her hair ornaments. More difficult to do than the other one I think but will add the final (I was going to say 'dimension'!! :roll: ) to the picture. Had better say add final ' flourish' to her. The other one you showed is the one I gave as a gift. I did love that while working on it. It went to an older person who was housebound & she was pleased with it. I've seen some kits with 2 geisha in one picture & they do look pretty, colourful too. Is it the one with 2 standing geishas? Some have half of the 2 geishas. Whichever it is, I will enjoy seeing you stitch it.

There is a larger Dimensions geisha I like, Elegance of the Orient. I cannot afford it until next year so will keep her in my Favourites List for another time. Something to look forward to :D

I must post my latest arrivals on here.
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Wolfe85

Post by Wolfe85 »

kingfisher68(2) wrote:I've seen some kits with 2 geisha in one picture & they do look pretty, colourful too. Is it the one with 2 standing geishas?

There is a larger Dimensions geisha I like, Elegance of the Orient.
This is the one I have with two geisha on it.

The Elegance of the Orient looks really nice too, ive just added it to my wish list along with another few kits.

Id love to redo the first geisha someday as my work is much neater now, and I think it would be nice to frame all 3 petites series together of the geisha and Samarai. Its possible to pick it up quite cheap on Amazon.

Ive just got the background to do on my current geisha and the final detailing. So hopefully will finish soon.

Wolfie
kingfisher68(2)

That was the kit I was thinking of. Realised when I logged off last time it was one standing & one sitting that had caught my eye as well as the one I mentioned. This one you have is very colourful & I await with interest to see it being stitched. Elegance of the Orient is not as colourful as your 2 geishas but I love the dove in it, adds to the gentleness of the picture. You've twisted my arm on seeing the 2 geishas, have added that to my favourites list too, Ho hum :lol: Always good to have something in mind to aim for isn't it? I do need to stitch some of the charts/kits I have at present though. Having the favourites list helps to keep me going.

Have 2 more charts as well as the one I am kiting up at present to start this coming week. The rest of my stash are x-stitch kits plus a few needlepoint & long stitch kits.

Look forward to seeing the finished geisha you are working on now. The delicate background makes a lot of difference to each picture doesn't it? Why don't you do the other geisha again, it would be great to have them both with the Samurai as you said. I do like the Samurai & I think someone on here is doing it but we've not seen it for a while. It is well designed & was being nicely stitched but it is not one I want to do myself. I like seeing other's projects & admiring them but only certain things I like to keep for our home. I was looking for something larger to go with the 2 smaller geisha when I came across Elegance of the Orient. Now it looks like I'll have 2 larger ones as well as It will be a colourful area in our lounge if I did manage to do them all. Your home will be more colourful too with all these ladies & the samurai on the wall :lol:
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
kingfisher68(2)

Not geisha but Japanese Garden by Dimensions which DH bought it for me. I can just imagine the geisha walking & sitting in this peaceful garden :)

Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Wolfe85

Post by Wolfe85 »

kingfisher68(2) wrote:Not geisha but Japanese Garden by Dimensions which DH bought it for me. I can just imagine the geisha walking & sitting in this peaceful garden
That is a pretty looking scene, Japanese style Gardens look so elegant and well balanced. Certainly could Imaging Geisha walking through that Garden.

Wolfie
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you Wolfie! I can see the photo and your beautiful Geishas now. Lovely stitching!!!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Wolfe85

Post by Wolfe85 »

My apologies for a slight FUBAR, the wolf cross stitch is actually a 22 count not a 32 as I had thought. There was a typo on the kit I had bought and as I had not done a 32 count before I assumed it was correct. I hadn't even thought to check the material, perhaps a sign of my naivety.

I only just realised this last night after I was looking at some 22count material for another possible project. I broke the tape measure out and checked the material used for my wolf.

I am somewhat embarresed about this mistake. That said I am still fairly pleased with the progress on the project and think it looks pretty good. Though now I have realised my blunder I am somewhat curious to see how fine a 32count actually is, because the 22cout is quite intricate itself.

Again my apologies for the miss-understanding

Wolfie
Wolfe85

Re: My Projects, Wolfie.

Post by Wolfe85 »

So as for tonights progress, Ive started making headway on the subtle background tent stitch at the bottom of the cross stitch. Light cream and tan colours give a nice elegant background relief and definition. :)

All the Best,

Wolfie
kingfisher68(2)

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely update Wolfie. Almost finished this colourful picture. The background adds the finishing touch. It is rhythmic stitching tent stitch isn't it. Look forward to seeing her finished. :D :applesauce:
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely update! I have always loved the way a tent stitch gives a subtle background to a project that is stitched with full crosses. Yours is looking great!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

What a pretty colourful kimono! (Looking forward to more wolf, too!)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

Beautiful update!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
sina28

Post by sina28 »

Lovely update!
Sina
Wolfe85

Post by Wolfe85 »

Hi All, So here is tonights progress on the Geisha, Mai from Dimentions, Gold Collection, Petites. 18 count.

Im really pleased with the progress on this. Just need to finish the tent stitch, back stitch and other final detailing. :) Should finish this soon, then I may go on to do the Samarai from this series.

That said, i am tempted to get this one from design works I recently spotted.

I do love the colours in this. :tizzy:

Wolfie :puppy:
kingfisher68(2)

Lovely update. You are doing ell, Wolfie. :applesauce:

I like the other geisha you showed but over the years I have resisted it as I think it would be too bright blue for my eyes. I like her face, very gentle. Some lovely ones in chart form by Joan Elliot too. Lucky we have so many to choose from
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great update and progress on your Geisha. I love the one you are thinking about. Looks like a beautiful watercolor. I agree with you about the colors.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat