Dot's Stitching Thread (Updated 05/07)

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Dotty-Rose

Dot's Stitching Thread (Updated 05/07)

Post by Dotty-Rose »

(I hope I've done this right!)

So I've had this piece for a REALLY long time... I got it from a vendor in a flea market in China when I was 15, so almost five years ago :shock: I have no idea what the kit is called, or what the hanzi says... Except for the big one, that's Mei or Plum, the blossom of which is what is featured in this piece :D

So here's the pattern:

This is it about a week ago, when I started actually taking pictures:

Once I'd finished most of the backstitching on the main branch:

And finally, today I finished it! After nearly five years, it's done! I just need to wash it, iron it, and frame it now!

Now I've finished this one, I'm ready to start my next piece! I know I want to stitch a piece for my bathroom, and I've bought a kit already, but I've also bought the threads to stitch up another piece I saw in a book.
This is the kit I bought, I got it from aliexpress since they were having a sale:

And then this is the one from the book, Fantasy Cross Stitch by Lesley Teare. Pretty sure it's just called Song of the Mermaid, as that's what the chapter's called :D

Hopefully they will arrive soon so I can get started on them! In the meantime, I might dig out one of my older projects... I just need to find my tub of threads. I put it somewhere very safe... safe even from me :shock:
Last edited by Dotty-Rose on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Squirrel

Re: Dot's Stitching Thread

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Love your Chinese one, so beautifully stitched and all that 'writing' is so neatly done. It looks amazing. WELL DONE on finishing it.

Both of your new charts are interesting and I look forward to seeing them grow in the months ahead. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

Congrats on a really pretty finish. And I'm looking forward to seeing the two new ones grow.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Lovely finish to the first one, I like blossom pictures. The other two are lovely projects as well & hope to see them on here soon :applesauce:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
poppy

Post by poppy »

I love your blossom picture! :applesauce: So lovely and delicate.
Looking forward to seeing your next project :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I love the blossom piece. It is very elegant and delicate and beautiful! The other two look like a lot of fun also. I find that when I'm looking for something and can't find it, if I try looking for something else which I then can't find, the first thing shows up. Maybe looking for something other than you tub of threads will help you find them. :roll:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Dotty-Rose

Post by Dotty-Rose »

Thank you everyone for your replies :) Still haven't found that tub of threads, but I have plenty more to get on with at the moment!
I've had this Grey Wolf pattern from Yiotas' Xstitch since about 2012, but I left it and lost the symbol chart :shock: So I left it for so long, but two days ago I decided fluff it, I'll use the replacement chart they sent me (which isn't the same as the one I bought) and just redo the entire wolf... Bit upset I have to scrap all I did before, but it's going nowhere...

So here is the carnage the other night- I had a nice big bit of aida that had a few stitches in the middle, so I unpicked the stitiching and got going with my wolfie...
Here's what it'll look like when it's finished:

I was worried that with going back to college (I'm in my second year now, time to get my alevels!) I would have less time to do my stitching... Until my sociology lesson got canceled since they didn't timetable us a teacher :lol: So I had two hours to sit and wait for my sister to finish her lessons, so I sat in the sun in my car :wink:

And after I did my homework, I sat and stitched to some Come Dine with Me and this is where I was last night!

A few of the threads don't match up from the old pattern to the new so I'll need to head into town soon (No buying online for me since I need to match colours 8) ) but until then, I'm working this grey :)
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Oh wow Dot what a fantastic design, Yiotas kits are just so huge and daunting to me! Pity you had to stop and start again. You're doing great and I can't wait to see it progress :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
poppy

Post by poppy »

Great start! :D
I wish I could manage my time as you do, filling the odd moment with stitching. It is a good way to progress.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hi Dot I love your blossom finish :applesauce:

I'm looking forward to seeing your ship and mermaid too when you start them and you've made a great start on your Grey Wolf he looks awesome :applesauce:

My daughter has just started her second year of A Level's, she had a job/boyfriend/active social life and she stitches with me too sometimes, but like you she is super busy, when she sits down with me on the odd occasion and shows me her progress I'm always amazed at how much she has done, I can't work out how she has done it, she's finished two QS Haed designs which are on her wall a Bothy Thread and has 3 more with good progress on the go, all in the last couple of years, I'm like what? How have you done that? :lol:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Dotty-Rose

Post by Dotty-Rose »

Thank you all :)
Lulu I don't have a social life :lol: :lol: I have a boyfriend but he's content to sit and play video games so we sit together, he plays and I sew :lol:

That being said, I have done a bit more on my wolfie as I had holiday from college on Friday as I was supposed to be going to Scotland this weekend, but it got canceled. I still decided to take my holiday though :wink:

All the grey outlines on the first page finished....

And I started doing the other colours! I like to stitch first whatever has the most amount of colour, and then go back in and fill in colours block by block since I am too lazy to grid my aida :lol: But I have bought a dissappearing pen so we'll see what happens to my future projects!

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely progress!!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

It's looking fantastic Dot well done! :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Dotty-Rose

Post by Dotty-Rose »

Thank you :D

So, I keep forgetting to take photos and update this lol... but I've got a lot more done!

I messed up a big section and had to take it back, so I gridded a bit of it. Not sure if it's right, but it helped me get my stitches in the right place!

And here's a hoop photo:
fccs

Post by fccs »

Wow, you’re making great progress on him. He’s going to be beautiful.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Wow your speeding along with your progress Dot he's looking great :applesauce:

My husband plays games on the computer too thank goodness, I would get very frustrated if I had a partner who had no hobbies! :lol:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Fantastic...and rapid progress! :applesauce: :applesauce:
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Well Dot, as others say you certainly have been very busy, glad you got some good stitching time while waiting for your sister. These will turn out great, the wolf is lovely & I look forward to seeing that as well as the others as you do them. :applesauce: :applesauce:

Sorry you lost the tub of threads, annoying as well as frustrating for you :x
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote:Fantastic...and rapid progress! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Absolutely agree!!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Dotty-Rose

Post by Dotty-Rose »

Thank you all!
Still haven't found that tub of threads... Whilst looking for it though I managed to sort through a bunch of barbies and polly pockets to go into storage so not all is lost! I' sure they'll turn up somewhere, I highly doubt they got thrown out/taken out of the house so they MUST be here!
And I don't feel like I'm speeding through this!! I keep doing bits where I can (Saturdays seem to be my sit-n-stitch days now!) but every single time I stop I don't see any work being done, if that makes sense! It always looks the same!

Eitherway, here is the end result of a weekend spent stitching!