Dot's Stitching Thread (Updated 05/07)

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

kingfisher68(2)

Re: Dot's Stitching Thread

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

This is lovely, you are dong wel with it even though you feel you aren't. Look forward to seeing it again :applesauce: :applesauce:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Stitching can be slow.
I hope to finish my current projects in 2020, but given the current rate a progress, a more realistic target is sometime in 2021. Progress can be glacial, and then suddenly a log jam will clear and rapid progress will happen. I've been at the current page of my project since May. There are only 7000 stitches on the page, and it only covers an area 3.5 x 2.5". In the last 2 weeks I've suddenly got to an area where things speed up and the chart page is progressing fast(er).

Anyway, you are on a pretty complex picture, it's developing slowly and steadily, so you'll be there in the end. In the mean time, it's looking like you're are making more progress than you feel you are.

All the best with it,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I had the same feeling with many of my projects, especially with the larger HAED designs and found that taking a photo every day or every few days for my own use helped me see how much progress I was making. I delete the older ones after a while, but it helps me stay motivated. Sometimes as a cross country stitcher it is hard to see progress when you are not stitching large blocks of color but feel like you are all over the place.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Dotty-Rose

Post by Dotty-Rose »

Thank you for all your replies :D I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels like things are slow sometimes! I keep flapping between working on blocks and working on each colour at a time... It dosen't help I am missing a few skeins for this pattern! I hope they arrive soon so I can fill in some of the gaps.

On a different note to my wolf, I have the BEST. BOYFRIEND. EVER!

So it's my birthday this month, and I was searching Facebook marketplace (It's my guilty pleasure... We keep snakes so you can get a good deal on second-hand equipment!) and I found an AMAZING deal for a bunch of threads, a embroidery hoop and FIVE patterns... for £15! And I mentioned it to him, and he bought it for me! So now I have a lot of stuff to keep me busy...

To be honest, it was the samurai that drew my eye... My favourite fabric store has had one framed on the wall for as long as I can remember, and I've always wanted to buy the kit and stitch it myself... and now I own it! I'm so excited for it! I have so many designs to get on with now!

And of course, with having threads to play around with I decided to stitch up this adorable penguin from the pattern library of issue 260 of The World of CrossStitch... My boyfriend and I have our own Christmas tree, and each year we get a new orniment for it... so when I saw this adorable pattern, I knew I had to make it for 2017!

I made a few tweaks, but I love how it turned out! I've never stitched one up like this and the corners and where I sewed it up after stuffing it could do with some work, but I think it's cute!
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

I love your stitchings and your choice of designs. Your works are so neat and you do stitch fast. :applesauce:

But from my own experience I would recommend not to go too far with one colour, because one stitch goes wrong and then you have to frog a day's work. Have been there, have seen that. But then each of us has her/his own method and ways.

The bargain is really great. Well done. There is no such thing as too much stash, is there?

Happy stitching! I am looking forward to your next updates.
Lyudmila
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: I'd say your boyfriend is definitely a keeper!! How absolutely sweet of him to buy that bundle of goodies for you! Looking forward to seeing them being stitched!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
poppy

Post by poppy »

I love your cute penguin ornaments!
It is so exciting to get bargains, especially very useful ones. There is no stopping you now...!
The kits you chose are beautiful and intricate. Looking forward to seeing your progress :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
kingfisher68(2)

Oh my, how lovely your boyfriend bought these items for you. Lovely the kits & the threads are petty. Your stitching is good as well. :D
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lovely boyfriend, lovely stash, lovely penguin - life is good!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a great bargain that is and I love your penguin ornament - he is gorgeous.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Dotty-Rose

Post by Dotty-Rose »

Thank you all for your kind comments!
I got another bunch of threads in the post - not the ones for my wolf sadly - but ones to make a custom photo pattern of a tank for the boyfriend :) He's very much into tanks, and he sent me a photo and said 'If I buy you the supplies, would you make it?' so I now have a huge stack of greys :D

I took another detour from my wolf to make a bookmark for my mam, since it's her birthday soon and she loves books!

It's based on a design from this Etsy shop because I liked the design :)

And here's an update on the wolfie:

I'm hoping my other threads arrive soon so that I can start filling in the gaps! I've decided to wait to do the other three sections until they arrive because I think it's somewhat easier to do if I do the parking method.
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Wow great update, bookmark, penguin and stash, life is good :whoop:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: Love the bookmark for your mum it is just right for a bookworm.
A great update too on the Wolf project and I hope your threads arrive very soon so you can move forward on it. :)

WIPS
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I second all that! :applesauce: :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I third all that!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Dotty-Rose

Post by Dotty-Rose »

Speak of the sun and it shall shine! Literally the day after I last posted saying I would wait until my threads arrived... and they did!

And here's where I'm up to with my wolfie:

I'm kinda hoping to have the wolfie done by Christmas, but It's taken me over a month to do one square so I'm not sure unless I can put on a good burst... next week is half term so I might be able to power through a bunch of it... we'll see :)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

He's looking good - here's to a productive half-term!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

It is great to see Mr Wolf emerging from the fabric. Well Done and enjoy half term break and some more time to stitch.

WIPS
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Super update on your wolfie :applesauce:

I stopped setting goals for myself years ago I don't think I met one of them :oops: mind you I have four children!
I hope you get loads done on your half term break, I'm looking forward to seeing your next update, have fun :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
kingfisher68(2)

So glad the threads came & your update on the wolf is great. Like others, hope you can settle to do more when on half term. Sometimes life gets busy & you don't have time to do much so life gets a bit stressed. Glad you can see a break in your busy schedule & so have time to relax & stitch. Looking forward to next update :applesauce: :applesauce:
Izzi

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers