Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

mags

Re: Squirrel's Stitching Update `23/01/18

Post by mags »

Cute card :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Well here is another little one and I am a bit annoyed with myself about it. Turns out once I got out the actual magazine to check the different colours of the various b/s that all of his tummy should have been in yellow. However my photocopy didn't show the miniscule difference between the two 0's. One has a little flick at the bottom and the other has a tiny vertical bar with a hint of a horizontal bar. GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

However it is done, the aperture is not quite on the square but the best I could do in this heat and humidity as I start dashing around to get my bag packed.

Yep I am off and away again from early tomorrow heading down to crazy Melbourne. Today's temp was 38c high tomorrow will be 40c then by wednesday, when I meet friends breaking their journey from the UK to NZ it will be 21c. Totally gone mad.

I have bought a new Tablet - a Samsung Galaxy A wifi so hopfeully some days I will be checking in - but don't expect miracles quite yet. I only bought it on Thursday. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Great finish :applesauce: :applesauce: I shouldn’t worry about the back stitch problem you can’t tell.
Have a great to time and we hope to hear from you soon :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
poppy

Post by poppy »

vanessanjf wrote:I shouldn’t worry about the back stitch problem you can’t tell.
That is what I thought too. The tummy is only his fur, so this squirrel has patches of brown fur on his tummy. They are all individuals :D Lovely, smiley squirrel! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

I never experienced such high temperatures, Sally, and I wonder how one can function in such heat, let alone stitch.
Enjoy your trip! We looking forward to hearing about it on your return. :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
daisymay

Post by daisymay »

Cute card, lovely finish. Enjoy your time away. Great you have a Samsung Galaxy tablet. I've been looking a them, they seem to be very good from write ups. Can't imagine being in that heat!
Daisy :)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

He is adorable with a brownish or a yellow tummy! Good luck with getting to grips with the new tablet - hope it will prove a smooth and wrinkle-less experience.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

He is very cute. :wub: :applesauce:
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I Love him just the way he is!! :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

karen4bells wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I Love him just the way he is!! :wub:
Me, too! :wub:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Catz

Post by Catz »

Soo cute
Sandra
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote:
karen4bells wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I Love him just the way he is!! :wub:
Me, too! :wub:
Me three! :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Carole

Post by Carole »

He's gorgeous and cheeky and I love his tummy :applesauce:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Well I am here in chilly Melbourne. It got down to 18c by Wednesday buti s s climbing back slowly. I finally found a note in a book I kept flor mmy last tablet and disccovered on searching through it for somethng else a note of my password for here.

I have done the grand total of about 16 stitches. I did however manage another 2 pzttern repea ts of my knitting. I hope to do some stitching a bit later we willl see. I have bought Reeady Forr The New Year to do whilst I wait for my fabric from PTP Its for the Sillhouette Ange.

Toxday is a rest day as I have been catching up with friends and the next 3 days are busy too. Home on Tuesday to a grumpy Tjuppence and ssome warmth.

WIPS
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

OK Here is RTO's Ready For the New Year which I am doing for my 3rd son as the expression reminds me so much of him when he is in a tizz about something. No doubt I will be in trouble but that's OK he lives on the other side of this huge island continent.

I did start it when I was away in Melbourne meeeting my friends from the UK but eldest son's house has wide overhangs and is quite dark. I tried the back deck for a while, but he has plastic corrigated roofing sheets shading the big table and when I was able to be out there the sun was in the wrong direction. I did get about the 2 top rows plus the 'antlers done and have done the rest today. It will be laid aside soon so I can get the bookmarks made and then maybe for longer if my fabric from PTP arrives for the Silhouette Angel.

Choices are far too many. How do those of you who have several items on the go at once cope with it all. Just thinking about it is driving me nuts - or should I say more nutty than usual.:)

WIPS
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Well done for a traveller. I dont even take any projects with me as I cant stitch while away- need my comfortable corner, time to relax, etc.

As for many WIPs at the same time, I cant speak for the rest of the world, but in my particular case even with a few WIPs around, it is mainly the work on one at a time- the rest queuing in the bottom drawer. If for some reasons the process has to be suspended, - usually because an urgent project has to be done quickly- it will be finished after the break. I cant stitch an hour on one and a couple of hours on another within a day. No rotation for me! My brain would boil. One gets used to the chart, key, symbols, even the order in which the bobbinned threads sit in the work storage box.
Lyudmila
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Great choice - I love the owl's expression :lol:

As for coping with multiple projects, I just go with the one that shouts loudest at me, and ignore the others. Bad parenting, but it works in stitching :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: That is a fantastic owl. You need to take a picture of 3rd son's expression when he gets this!!! I have a lot of WIPs listed, but actually work (I need my stitchy bug to come back. I'm getting worried I will have to report a missing person or bug soon. Hopefully the fabric I ordered for my grandson's wedding sampler will arrive soon and kickstart me) on two or three active projects now. The rest I put "on hold" which doesn't sound as bad as being a UFO.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

Fabulous work, welldone :applesauce: :applesauce:
Del
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

I love his hat and boots, super start :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Squirrel

Re: Squirrel's Stitching Update `23/02/18

Post by Squirrel »

Still getting some stitching done and there will be an photo update hopefully next week of the finished Owl.

Why the haste to get it done? I need to get these 2 bookmarks done asap prior to my NEXTCATARACT OP which is now scheduled (wait for it)
The 10th MARCH and by the private surgeon who did the first eye. Apparently they have come to the rescue of Mater Hospital yet again and reduce the waiting list and I get to have good vision out of both eyes in the very near future. I am sooooo excited.

WIPS