Getting Started on Christmas 2017

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Serinde

Re: Getting Started on Christmas 2017

Post by Serinde »

I'm so pleased for you, health-wise. What a relief that must be! And I'm with you re the gnome. Silly boy should never have mentioned it... :ribbit:
CindyW

Post by CindyW »

He'll learn! He made the announcement at the table and our daughter, my husband and I immediately passed a look that said 'He's going to regret saying that!' So far, between my daughter and I, there's been one hidden in plain sight in the front flower bed (it took him until spring thaw to find it, and it's also been resurrected by the gardeners!), one hidden in a pot plant directly across from his chair in the dining room (it took him over a month to see it), one hidden in a pair of socks in his travel suitcase (he found it the second trip), and one hidden in the galley of one of his flights (he's a flight attendant). I understand the roar of Glaswegian curses was impressive (thankfully, it was before any passengers had boarded! :lol: ). I have one already packed to hide in his closet over our Christmas visit. It's a 6" 'Ninja' gnome, dressed in black, so I'm hoping it stays hidden for a while. I also painted one as a Christmas gift. It has his football team logo on the hat, so how could he possibly get rid of it? :wip:
WIP
*Babies Won't Keep Sampler (for first grandbaby!)
*Joy of Giving (Charles Ross Christmas stocking)

2018 Completed Projects
*A to Z Wedding Sampler

Always crocheting and sewing!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You are very naughty! :lol: Actually, "Weegie" swearing can be tremendously inventive, and occasionally endearing, partly because in their native environment many "sweary" words are in everyday usage ( :? ) and the accent either makes most of the offending syllables (1) unrecognisable or (2) funny. There are some accents and word structures in the world that allow the user to say things you'd never get away with in the Queen's English -- almost any Scots accent falls into that category.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

First of all :whoop: :whoop: for the wonderful health news. Congratulations and I hope you have a speedy recovery from the surgery.
Beautiful stockings and I LOVE what y'all are doing with the gnomes!! Way too funny :lol: . Years ago I had a co-worker who hated those little trolls with the weird hair. We had a lot of fun putting them in hiding places in his office. His wife worked at the same company so she was able to continue the "torture" at home. I love the stockings and I especially love the little gnome on your future son-in-laws stocking

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker