Vervaco flower bookmarks

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Nicola Main

Vervaco flower bookmarks

Post by Nicola Main »

I started again on these yesterday after doing quite a bit of my Mallard duck. This will be an on and off project as I do my Wrendales and when I get sick of all the browns, greys and creams on them I can do something more colourful! I exchanged the hoop I was using and have put them in one of my smaller Elbesee easy frames. I've never done bookmarks before so would welcome any tips and advice. I had planned on doing one of them with the front design on the left and space enough on the other side to do a backing and then stitch them together. Or, I could just do both designs on this piece of fabric and then just back them with hard card using double-sided sticky tape. Which do you think would be best? xxx

Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
BizzieLizzie

Re: Vervaco flower bookmarks

Post by BizzieLizzie »

I've never done a bookmark so I can't give you any advice on that but I know exactly what you mean about wanting a change of colour, and that shade of pink is lovely. :wub: :D

And the frame looks like it keeps a good, even tension.
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Yes Lizzie my Elbesee frames are great and keep tension really well. I use them when I'm not using my hoops xxx
Work in Progress
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lovely start, such a colourful design! That'll do a great job of distracting you from the browns and tans :-)

As for the finishing, either a card backing, or felt, or a whip stitch finish would work.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Hmmm will have to try and get some felt from this craft shop I'm going to on Saturday. And also possibly wadding in case I make a biscornu for a pincushion. Thanks for the tips Mabel! xxx
Work in Progress
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I haven't seen a Vervaco design I didn't like. I can't wait to see how these stitch up. It's been years since I've done a bookmark. I usually used felt to back them. But I am sure either way would work quite well.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/