Graduation Samplers

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Arianwen

Graduation Samplers

Post by Arianwen »

A friend of mine asked me to stitch up some graduation samplers for her twins who will be graduating from middle school this year. She and her hubby picked the pattern, fabric colours and charms .

It is Stoney Creek's Graduation Sampler. Being done on 25 count Lugana in Buttermilk, 4 over 2 for crosses, 2 over 2 for backstitch. Names, dates and school are stitched in petite treasure braid but I will not be showing them for privacy.

Anyway here is the first one

Image done with DMC 553 with PB71 for the names. I have substitued the called for star charm at the top for a Just Nan enamel butterfly as I couldnt get the star.

I am stitching the same pattern twice so here is my progress on the second one

it is pretty quick to stitch up the first one took my two weeks but it would have been quicker but my granddad passed away in the middle so I had a weekend of no stitching while I dealt with that.

I think I prefer the purple to the pink, but the pink is growing on me the more I stitch.

I decided to do both pieces on the same piece of fabric and slightly misjudged how much space I needed so I have about an inch between the two pieces. They will be made into wall hangings though so I should be able to make it work with glue and double sided tape.

I am hoping to get the pink one done in the next week or less

Thanks for looking!
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
rcperryls

Re: Graduation Samplers

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: That is so pretty! and so nice of you to do for your friend! I am sure that the twins will love having these samplers and will keep them forever!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Again, so sorry to hear about your granddad.

These two pieces will be treasures when you are finished. You've chosen some very beautiful colors for them.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Love the little butterfly charms!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page