XStitch Minis!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

CuriousKitty

XStitch Minis!

Post by CuriousKitty »

Making some small little ornaments like the Pokemon ones I did for my coworker's little girls who are 3 and 4!

Macy, the 4 year old wants purple and pink stars (so I'm using variegated thread so every star is different and so I can be lazy at the same time).

Ember the 3 year old likes black kitties! And blue yarn!

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
wendywombat

Re: XStitch Minis: Kitty & Stars!

Post by wendywombat »

They will be much appreciated.
It's not lazy using variegated thread.....It's CREATIVE!!! :whoop: :whoop:
A great idea it think :D !
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote:They will be much appreciated.
It's not lazy using variegated thread.....It's CREATIVE!!! :whoop: :whoop:
A great idea it think :D !
I agree and think these are going to be well loved!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Those are going to be so sweet, and surely treasured forever.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

One kitty down! Ball of yarn to go! Finished it during Superbowl today. :stitching: While we cheered on the Falcons who blew a huge lead in favor of the :tantrum:patriots :tantrum:

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Them all and I know they will be appreciated Gabrielle. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

They're very cute. Love them. Good idea of yours to use variegated thread, it's makes them extra petty. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Already adorable!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

CuriousKitty wrote:One kitty down! Ball of yarn to go! Finished it during Superbowl today. :stitching: While we cheered on the Falcons who blew a huge lead in favor of the :tantrum:patriots :tantrum:
I couldn't bear to watch the game yesterday. I kept seeing updates in my FB feed and had hopes that the Falcons would win. I couldn't believe the Falcons blew the lead they had. I see you're "North of Seattle"...as am I. It was beautiful waking up to snow this morning. I work from home, so no commute worries for me.

Love the update of your little mini kitty. These pieces should go quickly. I am sure they will be well received.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

AlwaysGoofy wrote:
CuriousKitty wrote:One kitty down! Ball of yarn to go! Finished it during Superbowl today. :stitching: While we cheered on the Falcons who blew a huge lead in favor of the :tantrum:patriots :tantrum:
I couldn't bear to watch the game yesterday. I kept seeing updates in my FB feed and had hopes that the Falcons would win. I couldn't believe the Falcons blew the lead they had. I see you're "North of Seattle"...as am I. It was beautiful waking up to snow this morning. I work from home, so no commute worries for me.

Love the update of your little mini kitty. These pieces should go quickly. I am sure they will be well received.

Man I wish I could work from home. The DH drove me to work today and expressed that he was glad I had tomorrow off because it's supposed to get icier. My goal is to have the ball of yarn done tonight along with whatever else is on the agenda. My coworker has to drive down from Granite Falls and it turned into a 2 hour drive for her going south trying to get to work.
Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: That is soooo adorable! Stitching the ball of yarn with variegated thread was a wonderful idea! So reminds me of my first kitty. A big black cat that loved to play with my balls of yarn (I was a crocheter then). I know this will be loved. How could it not be

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

CuriousKitty wrote:Man I wish I could work from home. The DH drove me to work today and expressed that he was glad I had tomorrow off because it's supposed to get icier. My goal is to have the ball of yarn done tonight along with whatever else is on the agenda. My coworker has to drive down from Granite Falls and it turned into a 2 hour drive for her going south trying to get to work.

And I feel like I need to add something to this, but I don't know what.
Overall, I love working from home. I do transcription--mostly business and insurance work. Because I am paid by production, I can't let myself get sidetracked. It can be difficult when family members ask you to do things because you work from home. If I take my mom to a doctor's appointment, I don't get paid. My sister, however, can get family leave to take my mom to an appointment because she works in a large office. However, my mom always asks me because I'm working from home. I am getting better at setting boundaries, but it can be difficult at times.

That cat looks cute. I really like the variegated thread on the ball of yarn.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

How precious!! Love the use of the variegated thread!!! :applesauce: :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

That's so sweet :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Thanks guys, normally I cut it out and leave an edge around it for safety (no tearing and such) but I'm not sure how else to finish it. Any ideas?
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

All finished! I couldn't think of anything else to do with it, but I dug up a key-ring and lobster claw! The shiny around the edge is just some clear nail-polish in hopes to keep it from being too fragile. I haven't been able to find the perforated clear-plastic I had once, since all I can find now is the white perforated paper.

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Wonderful finish! Very clever, creative and innovative!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

What a fun way to finish this piece. I would have never thought to do that, but now that I've seen it, I've got to try it in the future. :D
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

AlwaysGoofy wrote:What a fun way to finish this piece. I would have never thought to do that, but now that I've seen it, I've got to try it in the future. :D
I couldn't ever figure out the best way to finish these so they always end up being keychain/ornament thingies. This was the last one I did like this, for a friend. You can see Raichu and Lapras both are on a clear plastic and Charmander's on the white perforated paper. I haven't been able to locate the clear plastic at any of my local stores yet (haven't really searched online). I like the plastic because it's the most durable, but the perforated paper works in a pinch. So I put some clear polish around the edges of the kitty in the hopes the 3 year old won't destroy it immediately.

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

That is such a fun way to finish your pieces. They look great!