AlwaysGoofy's 2017 Stitch-A-Long Updates

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

AlwaysGoofy

Re: AlwaysGoofy's 2017 Stitch-A-Long Updates

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

kingfisher68 wrote:Even closer to the end now. Love the colour squares for your next quilt. You seem to be very quick at making them. Also enjoyed reading your blog & seeing little Tinkerbell on your hand in the picture, excellent :applesauce: :applesauce:
Thank you! The blog has been so much fun. I've been able to connect with other stitchers and quilters from around the world in such a short amount of time. I am addicted to looking at pictures of other people's projects.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

poppy wrote:
rcperryls wrote:Love the photo on your blog with Tink!!!!
I had to have a look. What a fab photo! :D
I went to Disney Paris but I am sure that it is not the same. Looking forward to seeing more photos...
Each Disney theme park is shares something with the others and also has lots of different things to see and do. I haven't been to Disney Paris, but hubby and I have it on our bucket list to visit each of the parks at some point. So far, we've only made it to the US parks. We had intended to hit Disney Paris this year, but we now have four weddings to attend this summer...all in different parts of the USA...so our vacation time and $ is spoken for. Maybe next year? One can hope and dream.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

fccs wrote:Tink looks fabulous - so close now.

When were you at Disney World? I was there for my birthday Feb 28th and Mar 1st. It was a lot of fun - my first time there.
Happy belated birthday! Glad you had fun. I'd love to hear all about it. We were there March 4th through the 11th (also celebrating my birthday). We spent three of those days at the Universal parks. We had our niece with us for part of the trip. She is a really big Harry Potter nerd and really enjoyed that part of the trip.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Happy belated birthday to both of you! Don't feel guilty about Universal. My niece had been begging my mother to take her to Harry Potter (we are all Harry Potter fanatics) and when my daughter got the internship at Disney, my mother took the opportunity to go visit (my daughter had a season pass to Universal) and take all us girls to go see Harry Potter world. Imho, HP was the only part of Universal that matched Disney for atmosphere and "magicalness." It was weird being in Orlando and not visiting the mouse, but we only had a long weekend b/c the little girls couldn't miss school.
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

DisneyStitcher,

I think we were related in another life. :D Love to meet people who share my interests.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

So.....is it weird that a Ravenclaw likes to get pixie dusted? :lol:
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

DisneyStitcher wrote:So.....is it weird that a Ravenclaw likes to get pixie dusted? :lol:
Not in our house, it isn't. :D
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

It's been a crazy week. My dad is in the hospital and is definitely not himself. I have been there a lot the past couple of days, or I would have updated earlier. Here is the newest small section finish on Tink. I am coming so close to the finish. Although, for the time being, it's hard to say how much time I'll have to stitch.

For those interested in the non-stitching things I've been up to, I've got my latest quilt update and a short video of our trip with our niece to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in my latest blog update.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I am so sorry to read that your Dad is "in hospital and definitely not himself". Sending love and prayers your way for a complete recovery.

You are making progress towards that bottom corner and I am sure that you will soon get there. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

I am so sorry that your dad isn't well and hope that he is able to get some relief soon. Your update looks great!! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote:I am so sorry that your dad isn't well and hope that he is able to get some relief soon. Your update looks great!! Sending prayers and good thoughts your way!!
I agree.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Sorry to hear about your dad. Wishing him a meaningful recovery. All the best to you and your family.
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

I'm sorry to hear your dad is unwell and I'm wishing him a speedy recovery, sending hugs :hug:

And a super update too :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Thank you all for the well wishes for my dad. He had surgery yesterday and will be in the hospital probably at least another two weeks. He is so weak and unable to get out of bed. We hope that he gives everything he has to recovering from this surgery. The faster he recovers, the quicker he gets to go home.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I know how difficult it is when someone you love is in the hospital for anything and an extended period can be especially hard. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Long days at the hospital can be exhausting. It's important that you eat healthy and get enough sleep. Your Dad will hopefully have a full recovery and will you need you at your best once he has left the hospital. This is advice that comes from one that hasn't done a great job of that when I've been in your position. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

rcperryls wrote:I know how difficult it is when someone you love is in the hospital for anything and an extended period can be especially hard. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Long days at the hospital can be exhausting. It's important that you eat healthy and get enough sleep. Your Dad will hopefully have a full recovery and will you need you at your best once he has left the hospital. This is advice that comes from one that hasn't done a great job of that when I've been in your position. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Carole
Thank you! And thanks for all the well wishes. We're officially over a week at the hospital. There has been very little progress in his health so far. They will be trying to start him on liquids and hopefully transitioning to get him off the feeding tube today. We shall see.
DahliaDoll

Post by DahliaDoll »

Sorry to hear about your DDad. You do lovely stitching!
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

乁( •_• )ㄏ
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

After two weeks in the hospital, my dad is now recovering at a skilled nursing facility. He is getting physical therapy twice a day and is much stronger than he has been in quite a while. He is anxious to get home but probably has at least one more week there. We were very blessed to find a facility that is brand new with state-of-the-art equipment. The staff has been amazing.

Now for my latest Tinkerbell update:

Only two more sections left on this piece.

I finally made an update to my blog. It has a picture of my completed Tinkerbell quilt top. If you're interested, you can take a peek.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Love the quilt top! :wub: Keep the pictures coming. Great news about your dad. Be sure PT/OT/and or Speech gives him a maintenance program for when he goes home. Also, check with DMV and find out what their requirements are for driving. Louisiana has an automatic 6 mo restriction for TBI, stroke, seizure and the like, but other conditions are left up to the doctor's recommendation. Some states offer a driving assessment if you are worried about it, but be careful and get all the information about the program before you agree to participate b/c sometimes it's next to impossible to get regular renewals afterward.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

First, I am so glad to hear that your Dad is recovering and has been responsive to the physical therapy. Hope he makes it home in a week. I'm sure he is eager to get back to as normal a routine as he can manage.

Second, the quilt is wonderful!! There is never too much of Tinkerbell!

and finally, so close to a beautiful finish on your cross stitch Tink. She is absolutely adorable!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat