My stitches

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

wendywombat

Re: My stitches

Post by wendywombat »

:wub: :wub: Beautiful Ballerina!! :applesauce: :applesauce: The tutu just says it all!! :applesauce:

and those Irises!!! :whoop: :whoop: I have them growing in my garden and I just love them!
Vivienne

Post by Vivienne »

Xiu Crafts, Wonderful Spring Days (with this work I won first place in the competition).
Xiu Crafts a very special cross stitch brand - IMHO it's the best quality of kits - threads, chart, sorter were absolutely gorgeous!

WIP
Winter Sun by Anchor
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

The Dimensions 'Ballerina Beauty' is absolutely exquisite. We have a similar print at home in the stairwell, though by a different artist.

The Xiu Crafts image is something else entirely. The matte has a printed extension of the image... I have never seen that before and it is truly superb. I presume that matte, frame, fabric & threads all came as part of a kit - can't imagine how else you'd get the matte printed to match. I adore it can fully understand how it was a competition winning picture.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote:The Dimensions 'Ballerina Beauty' is absolutely exquisite. We have a similar print at home in the stairwell, though by a different artist.

The Xiu Crafts image is something else entirely. The matte has a printed extension of the image... I have never seen that before and it is truly superb. I presume that matte, frame, fabric & threads all came as part of a kit - can't imagine how else you'd get the matte printed to match. I adore it can fully understand how it was a competition winning picture.

Regards,

Richard.
I completely agree (except for having a similar print in the stairwell as I have a one story house). Your work is stunningly beautiful!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Roland

Post by Roland »

They are all so lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Beautiful projects and I am in awe of the wonderful way in which they are all finished/framed!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Vivienne

Post by Vivienne »

richardandtracy wrote:The Dimensions 'Ballerina Beauty' is absolutely exquisite. We have a similar print at home in the stairwell, though by a different artist.

Regards,

Richard.
Hi Richard, Xiu Crafts kit doesn't include frame and matte, only canvas with print (shadows), chart, threads and needle as usual. It was a work of framing shop - they have a contract with an artist and I asked to continue the tree on the matte (Passepartout). So, it's exclusive work - wooden frame + painted matte.
WIP
Winter Sun by Anchor
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: truly a masterpiece!! All of your works are amazing!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Stunningly beautiful each and every one of them. :D
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
xstitchalanna

Post by xstitchalanna »

Those are all so beautiful! I always wanted to stitch that ballerina! Congrats on winning prizes :applesauce:
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
Vivienne

Post by Vivienne »

Here I am... some recent cross-stitch news: I finished Homeward Trail in Winter and very happy about it! The process wasn't very easy - satin floss are very hard to work with... and I'm not a big fan of color charts and couching.

I also finished a pillow "Tiger cub" by Riolis - it was a real pleasure to work with wool in late autumn/winter - just a relaxing process...
WIP
Winter Sun by Anchor
Vivienne

Post by Vivienne »

And let me show my new process - Winter Sun by Anchor. Actually I started 1.5 months ago, but didn't show anything :oops:
I changed aida 16 to ivory Lugana 32 as the chart has a lot of 1/4 and 3/4 crosses and I like to work with evenweave fabrics.

WIP
Winter Sun by Anchor
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Your 'Homeward Trail' is like an exquisite jewel. I love it. I know the satin colours don't come through well on photos, but it looks great. I sign my work with turquoise satin DMC thread and it's a nightmare. To have done a whole piece in it - WOW!

Just admire your work so much.

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Love both your finished pieces!! Homeward Trail is so elegant and delicate. Stunning! and your tiger cub pillow is adorable! Good start on the new project! I hope we will see lots of updates!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I see a "winter" theme in your stitching pieces. Homeward Trail is so delicate and yet stunning. I would definitely love to have that piece in my home during the winter...and possibly year round. The tiger cub is adorable. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Winter Sun piece.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Beautiful work!! :applesauce:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Homeward trail is fantastic. :applesauce: well done for persisting with those satin threads. :whoop:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Very beautiful stitching!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Vivienne wrote:Another young lady - Medieval Maiden by Joan Elliott.
A lot of beads and Kreinik, stitched on vintage linen.

And after framing
I dare to say you are a master stitcher! I can't but envy your skills.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Vivienne wrote:Another type of Ladies - Lady with a lipstick, cross stitch kit by Lanarte.
Love this flirtatious beauty! Original - painting of Russian artist Konstantin Razumov

You certainly can stitch! My needlepoint pictures are much more modest in comparison.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com