TWentzler Birth Announcement-10Dec Update

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

karen4bells

Re: TWentzler Birth Announcement-30Nov Update

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :wub: This is absolutely stunning and will make a keepsake, to say the least!! I know it will make the recipients thoroughly happy! As for your weather, it sounds like ours!! It is already 75 degrees at 9:20 AM
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

RosemaryD

Post by RosemaryD »

Really beautiful stitching!

There looks to be a huge amount of backstitch...how are you finding it?
Rosemary

WIPs
Blue Moon - Andy Russell
The Shore of the Turquoise Sea - Albert Bierstadt
Arabian Walled Garden - Chatelaine
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Stunningly beautiful!! This is an heirloom in the making so I know that it will be cherished and definitely worth waiting for!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

It's so pretty! And even a few minutes here and there help.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

It is such a beautiful sampler and your stitching so far is exquisite and beautiful. :wub: it. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Thank you all for your encouragement. :) I need it.
RosemaryD wrote:Really beautiful stitching!

There looks to be a huge amount of backstitch...how are you finding it?
I hate backstitching. hate it hate it hate it. But if the design calls for it, there's nothing for it.

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Watching you stitch this has really been motivating. I think the minute my niece is married I will get started on one so it will be ready when and if they are ready to have children. I know they want children, but as with the wedding sampler, getting ahead of the event is a wonderful excuse to get back to TW's work. Which website did you find the chart? I know you must have gotten a PDF for this one. The charts and book of her designs that I have is pretty much fantasy focused and pretty old.

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

You are doing brilliantly. :applesauce:
You may not be able to stitch for such long periods, But you are DOING BRILLIANTLY! !!! :whoop:

just a wee bit of encouragement needed here I think. :D
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

rcperryls wrote:Watching you stitch this has really been motivating. I think the minute my niece is married I will get started on one so it will be ready when and if they are ready to have children. I know they want children, but as with the wedding sampler, getting ahead of the event is a wonderful excuse to get back to TW's work. Which website did you find the chart? I know you must have gotten a PDF for this one. The charts and book of her designs that I have is pretty much fantasy focused and pretty old.

Carole
:thinks:

Well, I bought her charts when they were new releases. (Yes, I've been stitching at least that long.) I remember walking into my favorite LNS and the owner was excited to share information on "a new designer that I think you'll just love."

Patternsonline (http://patternsonline.com/Patterns/List.aspx?DID=110" target="_blank) carries a lot of her work and in many cases, it's the only place to find certain charts of hers nowadays. Aside from her large portfolio of fantasy subjects, she also has carousel horses, seasonal samplers, fruit and floral bell pulls and wreaths, and an absolutely lovely tapestry cat.

WIP
Ajay

Post by Ajay »

This is beautiful, and I eagerly await another update!
If anyone uses Whatsapp, pm me to connect.

WIP
Woodland Enchantress-----She's not talking to me
Frederick The Literate-----I have upset this cat somehow
Jolly Trio Stocking-----Not ready to think of the C word yet
Frosted Pumpkin MSAL 2017
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Allyn wrote:Well, I bought her charts when they were new releases. (Yes, I've been stitching at least that long.) I remember walking into my favorite LNS and the owner was excited to share information on "a new designer that I think you'll just love."

Patternsonline (http://patternsonline.com/Patterns/List.aspx?DID=110" target="_blank" target="_blank) carries a lot of her work and in many cases, it's the only place to find certain charts of hers nowadays. Aside from her large portfolio of fantasy subjects, she also has carousel horses, seasonal samplers, fruit and floral bell pulls and wreaths, and an absolutely lovely tapestry cat.
Yep, me too! The first one I did was The Castle. I think when I stitched that one there wasn't an internet yet, so I know what you mean. Those were in the days that just about the only way to find a chart was an LNS. This was a yarn (gorgeous yarns) and needlecraft shop and I was crocheting a lot then and got intrigued by the cross stitch, having done some embroidery and crewel work also. Sorry for my digression.
Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the pattern and discovered (to my chagrin) that their download format and my imac don't work well together. Waiting to see what their response is. My fault really because I knew about this website already, just forgot about it. Not like I need it right away by any means. Not for a few years at least. So I'm going to enjoy watching your progress and be glad to help motivating you on.

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

rcperryls wrote:Yep, me too! The first one I did was The Castle. I think when I stitched that one there wasn't an internet yet, so I know what you mean. ....Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the pattern and discovered (to my chagrin) that their download format and my imac don't work well together. Waiting to see what their response is. My fault really because I knew about this website already, just forgot about it. Not like I need it right away by any means. Not for a few years at least. So I'm going to enjoy watching your progress and be glad to help motivating you on.
Not only was the only place to get charts was your local LNS, charts would go OOP (Out Of print) after a while, so if you wanted a chart you got it when you saw it or you might not be able to get it later.

What format do you need?

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Allyn wrote:Not only was the only place to get charts was your local LNS, charts would go OOP (Out Of print) after a while, so if you wanted a chart you got it when you saw it or you might not be able to get it late
which explains why I have several file drawers filled to overflowing with charts. When I get motivated I have to sort them out and have a free for all chart giveaway but :ratherbe:

pdf format, I guess. Nothing I have will open it and it doesn't look like there is anything in the app store that will either. I'm going to try on my iPad, but I'm not feeling confident. I sent them an email, so hopefully they will reply back on Monday.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

rcperryls wrote:...which explains why I have several file drawers filled to overflowing with charts. When I get motivated I have to sort them out and have a free for all chart giveaway but :ratherbe:

pdf format, I guess. Nothing I have will open it and it doesn't look like there is anything in the app store that will either. I'm going to try on my iPad, but I'm not feeling confident. I sent them an email, so hopefully they will reply back on Monday.

Carole
Exactly, hence my stash purge a couple of years ago.

I think they send it in whatever format PCStitch uses and you have to get the free viewer version of PCStitch to view and print it.

WIP
ecology665

Post by ecology665 »

Wow, that is a beautiful pattern. You're doing a beautiful job and in fast timing. The Roosters are gorgeous, they would make a nice pattern.
Congratulations on the baby. :applesauce:
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

There's not a lot more done, but I feel like I need to post if for no other reasons than to prove to myself that I'm making progress.
I have a gadzillion lazy-daisy stitches to do on those vines and a lot of beading over the whole thing. I usually bead as I go, but I'm working this in a Q-Snap mounted on my scroll rods. When I take the Q-Snap off, I can bead it on the scroll rods.

I wish the sparkle of the gold braid would show up in the picture. It's so pretty in the netting.

WIP
Squirrel

Re: TWentzler Birth Announcement-10Dec Update

Post by Squirrel »

Allyn I am imagining the sparkly thread on that lovely netting and I too often wish we could show the sparkles too. A great update, this is such an elegant timeless design and so patiently and beautifully stitched. Thanks for the update. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

Absolutely beautiful!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: I love it! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

That's looking lovely already, and I can only imagine how sprakly and festive the beads will look!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page