TWentzler Birth Announcement-10Dec Update

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Allyn

TWentzler Birth Announcement-10Dec Update

Post by Allyn »

I checked in with the mom- and dad-to-be and everything is a go, so I started the birth announcement. I'm loathe to have more than one project going, but you can't make Mother Nature wait. :)

This is for friends of ours -- very good, long-time friends who are pregnant with their first. I've always wanted to do Teresa Wentzler's birth annoucement and now I have a good reason to. :)

This is what it'll eventually look like:
image from patternsonline.com

And this is what little bit I have done so far:

I picked a piece of fabric that was marked 32-count platinum jobelan and while it may be 32-count and it may be platinum, it sure isn't jobelan. It has slubs -- very subtle, but they're there -- and from the feel of it and the way it shreds the floss, I'm confident it's a linen, which is fine with me. I was almost disappointed when the fabric I had that was the right color and count was a jobelan. I wanted a linen. How's that for kismet.

Because of the specialty stitches, I wanted the nice top-to-bottom/side-to-side tension of a Q-Snap but I also wanted the convenience of the scroll frame and stand. I mounted the fabric on the scroll rods and then put the Q-Snap on it. So far, it's working out well. I get the benefits of the Q-Snap but I can still use my scroll-frame setup. Yay! :)
Last edited by Allyn on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WIP
karen4bells

Re: TWentzler Birth Announcement

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub: I absolutely love LOVE LOVE everything about this!! The fabric is just perfect for the design and your stitching looks amazing!! This is going to be a great one to watch progress!! Fantastic start, Allyn!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub: I absolutely love LOVE LOVE everything about this!! The fabric is just perfect for the design and your stitching looks amazing!! This is going to be a great one to watch progress!! Fantastic start, Allyn!!
As I have said before, I love TW designs and this one is gorgeous! I am going to pull up that magic bench so I can watch your progress. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Such a beautiful project and you have made a great start :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
fccs

Post by fccs »

Wow, this is going to be gorgeous! It's such a beautiful design and your stitching is going to make it even more beautiful!!!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That is an unusual and amazing birth announcement sampler and it is going to be oh so fabulous on the wall of their home. You sure have made an amazing start. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

That is going to be rather spectacular when finished.
I just can't get over the speed at which you do things...

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Amazing start and very pretty :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Oh, wow what an unusual design & I look forward to seeing it unfold. Beautiful stitching as always Allyn. Thanks for sharing. :applesauce: :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Amanda G

Post by Amanda G »

A beautiful design and a real treasure for your friends to have. It's looking stunning already.
Allyn

Re: TWentzler Birth Announcement- 29May Update

Post by Allyn »

Betcha thought I was done by now, huh. In fact, I haven't hardly stitched at all since my last update. Nothing serious; life just kinda crashed in on me for a few weeks. Things are settling back down. We have a new, biggerbetter chicken coop that our flock is quite happy with and I have a new deck addition so I don't have to slog through muddy ground to get to the clothes line. We have to kinda cram that kind of work in fast in the Spring before it gets too hot. It is now officially too hot (87 degrees F -- 30.5 C -- today) and this is the coolest it's going to be until the end of September, so yeah, no more of that kind of stuff for a while, but it's never too hot to stitch (as long as the A/C works, that is).

Not much done, only a couple of nights of stitching so far, but here's my update:
I really wish you could see the sparkle of the gold braid. Pictures just never do a TW justice and if you've ever stitched one, you know what I mean.

I do admit, though, that I keep thinking about CotW sitting over there all sad and neglected. I just need life to slow down a little bit so I can catch up. :)

WIP
fccs

Post by fccs »

You might not have done as much as you'd like, but what you've done is just beautiful! I like that you're backstitching as you go - TW designs have a ton of backstitching and it could be overwhelming. I'm so looking forward to seeing more of this one. (And I'm sure CotW is waiting semi-patiently.)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Loving how it's coming along---so much detail and so very pretty!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Looking absolutely stunning and you have done quite a bit since your last update in spite of what you think. Looking forward to the next update :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: I love this!!!!!! And you are doing a wonderful job!! And I love seeing a TW as we don't very often. As I have often said, I love her designs and have stitched quite a few. I am most definitely pulling up the magic bench to watch your progress!

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: I love this!!!!!! And you are doing a wonderful job!! I am most definitely pulling up the magic bench to watch your progress!

Carole

:applesauce: :applesauce: I'm with you there!! :coffee: :cake: but we'll keep these away from the stitching. :lol:
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Thanks for all of your encouragement.
fccs wrote:.... I like that you're backstitching as you go - TW designs have a ton of backstitching and it could be overwhelming...
Oh yes, I have to backstitch as I go. TWs have a lot of blends, a lot of fractional stitches, a lot of specialty stitches and a lot of beads and braids -- all of which I love to do. Her patterns also have a lot of backstitching, which I hate...hate...hate...hatehatehate to do. I have to do it as I go; it's just too much to do later all at once. Did I mention how much I hate to do backstitching?

WIP
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

It looks interesting and difficult, and you are doing it perfectly as far as I can see.
I just don't get the point. The fact the person exists shows they've been born, and a stitched announcement makes them no more real than they were before it was stitched. I feel I'm completely missing the point. The boss at home tells me 'It's because you're a man' that I can't understand - as if that's sufficient explanation.

Konfused of Kent,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

richardandtracy wrote:It looks interesting and difficult, and you are doing it perfectly as far as I can see.
I just don't get the point. The fact the person exists shows they've been born, and a stitched announcement makes them no more real than they were before it was stitched. I feel I'm completely missing the point. The boss at home tells me 'It's because you're a man' that I can't understand - as if that's sufficient explanation.

Konfused of Kent,

Richard.
Man-brain...it's on a whole different plane of existence.

WIP
ChristineHinderer

Post by ChristineHinderer »

This design is wonderful and your stitches are beautiful! :)
Christine

*WIP*
Summertime Sampler
August Nephew Birth Record - Nautical
September Nephew Birth Record - Dinosaurs

*COMPLETE*
Santa Claus, King of Hearts - June 2016

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChristineHinderer