HAED:mini Moonlight by Zindy Nielson Page 2 complete 4/3/17

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

rcperryls

HAED:mini Moonlight by Zindy Nielson Page 2 complete 4/3/17

Post by rcperryls »

I have had this chart for several years and have really been wanting to stitch it. I love Zindy Nielsons art and the HAED Challenge on the BB is a perfect excuse for a new start. Must have been been meant to be, because I had a perfect size piece of 28 ct Jobelan . Haven't done much more than grid the first page. Stitching 2 over 1 tent stitch. The challenge is to stitch all of one color on a page and then the next color and such. Minimum of 5 colors on a page (which is why I didn't pick one of the pages on "Burden" which would have been all black :roll:.) This will be a perfect project to take with me in May when I go to my nephew's graduation. I can find so many reasons why a new start is a good thing . So barely have started, but here is what I managed to stitch last night. Think I'll do the rest of my updates as I finish a color. This one isn't finished yet, but don't have a lot more to go with it.

What it should like like:

My very beginning:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
vanessanjf

Re: HAED:mini Moonlight by Zindy Nielson new start 4/5/2016

Post by vanessanjf »

I can see why you want to stitch this one, it's gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing more :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:D Very pretty design--I don't know how you manage to do so many projects at once, but it's working for you!! I will be looking forward to your next update on it!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Lovely start I'm interested to see how the moon stitches up its really bright I love it, its a gorgeous design, I'm looking forward to updates :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

This is a very interesting design & I am looking forward to seeing it emerge as you go along. You have made a good start, thanks for sharing :applesauce: :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Interesting.
Like the cat. Not sure I like the idea of a challenge being used to make something more difficult, but whatever you enjoy..

Regards

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Carole

Post by Carole »

That is a beautiful chart! Love it :wub:

How many colours are there in it?
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

richardandtracy

The HaED web site says 25.

Regards

Richard
rcperryls

Re: HAED:mini Moonlight by Zindy Nielson 4/17/2016

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote:Interesting.
Like the cat. Not sure I like the idea of a challenge being used to make something more difficult, but whatever you enjoy..
Actually the challenge has made this piece much easier to stitch. Yes, there are 25 colors for this design. I'm not sure exactly how many are on page 1, but I have completed 12 colors as of last night on this page. It is going sooooo much faster than any other HAED (besides Burden which has pages and pages of black)I have stitched. I'm sure its because I have not come across any confetti yet and when I do get there I know things will slow down. I have finished nearly half of this page. The idea of the challenges is to " discover a new way to stitch and also provide an opportunity for you to think outside the box. There will be 6 Challenges and each one will be different so if this one does not suit, there likely will be a future one that will." I don't know if I will continue on this piece for each challenge. This design and this artist is one I have been wanting to stitch for quite a while and the challenge was a perfect excuse for me start it. I don't know that I will change how I stitch (cross country pretty much), but it's fun to try something new.

My progress to date:

Thanks for looking!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Re: HAED:mini Moonlight by Zindy Nielson update 4/17/2016

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Great update on this, Carole!!
Work in Progress
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Great progress on a very pretty design. The challenge is interesting - is it hard to search for/find each color on the page? Or are you stitching from your computer/iPad and can search for a symbol?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

You've zipped along on this section Carole. Well done. Look forward to next update :applesauce: :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote: is it hard to search for/find each color on the page? Or are you stitching from your computer/iPad and can search for a symbol?
With this design it isn't too hard, at least not on this page which has no confetti (actually there is one color that I'm pretty sure is a single stitch so I'm saving it for the end, in case there is another one hiding). I am stitching this from iPad using the Good Notes app. I highlight the symbol I'm stitching in yellow and then draw a red line through it when I stitch it. Once I'm done with a color, I erase the highlight and do the same with the next symbol. When a 10 x 10 block is completed, I erase the red lines and put a big red x over the block. This is more so I get to play with the app than because I need it for keeping track of what I've stitched, though it does make it less cluttered when looking at the whole chart.
I usually print the pages I'm working on since I often continue to stitch on the next page if there are only a few stitches to continue. (hope that makes sense). Much harder to do with Good Notes. Might work with iBook or Kindle though. :thinks: Have to check on that.

What surprises me is how much I am enjoying this one, though I am starting to hear a few others making noise in their drawers. :roll:

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
rcperryls

HAED:mini Moonlight by Zindy Nielson Page 1 complete 4/27/16

Post by rcperryls »

I don't think I ever stitched an HAED page this quickly (even the all black pages for Burden took/take me longer). Stitching one color at a time was pretty easy with this chart since there was no confetti. I would have stitched it a little differently if it weren't for the HAED challenge, but not significantly so. I think page 2 will be about the same, but I when I get back to this (taking it with me next month when I visit my sister) but I will most likely continue down with page 5 so I can have a bit more variety and get to the cat.

Continuing on now with the overwhelmingly colorful and confetti ridden Giraffe Silhouette. (I'm doing good if I get a whole 10 X 10 block finished in an hour :roll: )

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

Re: HAED:mini Moonlight by Zindy Nielson Page 1 complete 4/2

Cor, that was quick!
Looking good, so I hope progress is maintained.

Regards

Richard
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful!! Congrats on finishing page 1
Work in Progress
Various small designs

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Fantastic progress :applesauce: congratulations on your first page :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
fccs

Post by fccs »

So pretty and so fast! I need a trick or magic or something to stitch quickly. I've got a seven days to finish Tinkerbell - about 6,000 stitches left.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

WOW Carole, I go away for 2 weeks, you start a new HAED and are flying through it. It is gorgeous and your progress is amazing. Well Done. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Re: HAED:mini Moonlight by Zindy Nielson Page 2 complete 4/3

Post by rcperryls »

I was going to be stitching Little Dreamers Tree but that is going to require a restart (details when I begin again - probably in a few months as I have a few others in my sort of rotation I need to get to) so I picked this up and so enjoyed stitching it. The moon is almost finished and the top of her head has appeared. As usual, I was delighted that what is supposed to be hair, looks like hair. At least it does to me. With Daylight Stitching Time, thank you for that Serinde ,my feline supervision isn't quite as close as Laverne is busy elsewhere.

With evening supervision though, she has helped to get page 2 finished.

Thanks for looking.
Off to dance with a cat.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat