Rosemary's 2016 progress - Update 16 Dec

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Serinde

Re: Rosemary's 2016 progress - Update 16 Dec

Post by Serinde »

RosemaryD wrote:
Serinde wrote: I suspect the marks will ease with a gentle wash and iron once the whole thing is finished. In the meantime, it might be an idea to take it off the q-snap if you know you'll not get back to it for a week?
I think they will too; they have in the past on previous work. I do take off the Q-snaps if I'm not working on it for a while but I worry that if I was to take them on and off every time (nearly every day) I could cause more damage by forcing the clips over the same bit of stitching repeatedly. Do you think that would be the case? They really are tight in places.
I think you are doing the right thing -- I suspect that moving them every day might do more harm than good. But I would take them off if I knew I wasn't going to be working on it for an extended period.
RosemaryD

Re: Rosemary's 2016 progress - Update 16 Dec

Post by RosemaryD »

Serinde wrote:
I think you are doing the right thing -- I suspect that moving them every day might do more harm than good. But I would take them off if I knew I wasn't going to be working on it for an extended period.
Thanks, I agree. I think I will try moving the frame more often too as although I might stitch nearly every day it can take a long time before I need to reposition because I'm usually working on high-count fabric.
Rosemary

WIPs
Blue Moon - Andy Russell
The Shore of the Turquoise Sea - Albert Bierstadt
Arabian Walled Garden - Chatelaine