ABC Floral Baby Blanket

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

wendywombat

Re: ABC Floral Baby Blanket

Post by wendywombat »

Koming along really well!
It may be slow progress, but it's all so very worth the time taken ! :wub: :wub:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub: What a masterpiece this is going to be!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

L is done, and I can officially say, at almost halfway through the alphabet, I finally managed 1 without a single missed stitch, extra half stitch or otherwise!

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon May 18, 2020 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

I LOVE that pattern! Your work is truly beautiful. I know you've said in your posts that it is a vintage pattern, please share the name and manufacturer of the pattern. I'd love to try to find it. Thanks!
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

DisneyStitcher wrote:I LOVE that pattern! Your work is truly beautiful. I know you've said in your posts that it is a vintage pattern, please share the name and manufacturer of the pattern. I'd love to try to find it. Thanks!

It's by Leisure Arts, Leaflet 2339. "Antique Floral Alphabet." Published 1993. I bought it off of Etsy. Just searching google shop brings up two on eBay. Both are used and ship from the US.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Lovely!
:applesauce: :applesauce:
Almost halfway and looking Great!
Lillicent

Post by Lillicent »

That is absolutely stunning :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
:ratherbe: :wub:
'Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my Father. Prepare to die.'
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Lillicent wrote:That is absolutely stunning :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
My thoughts exactly!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote:
Lillicent wrote:That is absolutely stunning :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
My thoughts exactly!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :wub:
and mine too!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
kandifloss

Post by kandifloss »

How pretty, nicely worked flowers

Kandi :rainbow:
Kandi

There is always a rainbow somewhere in the world even If you cannot see one
So never give up hope
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

CuriousKitty wrote:
DisneyStitcher wrote:I LOVE that pattern! Your work is truly beautiful. I know you've said in your posts that it is a vintage pattern, please share the name and manufacturer of the pattern. I'd love to try to find it. Thanks!

It's by Leisure Arts, Leaflet 2339. "Antique Floral Alphabet." Published 1993. I bought it off of Etsy. Just searching google shop brings up two on eBay. Both are used and ship from the US.
Thank you Thank you!!
Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

The afghan is absolutely gorgeous and beautifully worked too.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of it in time. :D
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
nettie

Post by nettie »

This is coming along really well and is such a pretty design!
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

DisneyStitcher wrote:
CuriousKitty wrote:

Thank you Thank you!!
So, reason for being in absentia- We bought a house! Oh. My. God. We bought our first house! And we moved! And my office still isn't done!

So I forgot to mention, in order to achieve the coverage/size compared to the chart- I doubled the area. The original size of each letter is stitched over a regular 2x2, and mine are stitched over 3x3 grid per stitch. In hindsight, I probably would've liked the coverage more if I had used 3 strands, instead of two. But halfway through the afghan I can't really change it now. 8D

Speaking of halfway, I am now OFFICIALLY halfway through this afghan!

M is not for Marigolds. Because the are obviously not Marigolds. If only they'd made this alphabet with each flower corresponding to the letter. I can only dream of that level of OCD with this pattern.

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon May 18, 2020 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful afghan!!! I did so many afghans for years and loved stitching them. Have two in the UFO pile that I need to get back to. And congratulations on the house!!! When we moved into our house, it was (and is) the first house I had ever owned and I clearly remember that feeling of wonder. Also thought, now I can put a nail in the wall and the only one who has the right to complain is my DH and he wouldn't dare! I know you will enjoy it and so glad to see you back again!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
DisneyStitcher

Post by DisneyStitcher »

Congratulations on the house. It's definitely a wonderful feeling. Just remember, there is a flip side - you can't call the owner to fix stuff either, that's all on you now! :lol:

I found the leaflet on eBay, but haven't started anything. Thanks for letting me know about increasing the size to 3 x 3. I like the 2 strand look, I think it adds a delicate, lacy element to the design. Please keep posting on this one, I can't wait to see it finished.
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

DisneyStitcher wrote:Congratulations on the house. It's definitely a wonderful feeling. Just remember, there is a flip side - you can't call the owner to fix stuff either, that's all on you now! :lol:

I found the leaflet on eBay, but haven't started anything. Thanks for letting me know about increasing the size to 3 x 3. I like the 2 strand look, I think it adds a delicate, lacy element to the design. Please keep posting on this one, I can't wait to see it finished.
Hindsight is 20/20 eh? I'm not at all unhappy with the 2 strand look however! I'm at least 40% of the way through N already without counting back stitching. I have 3 days off, so I'd like to power through N and get a good start on O before I get distracted again!
kingfisher68(2)

Post by kingfisher68(2) »

Fabulous :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: A beautiful heirloom in the making. All that backstitch, gives me a headache thinking about it let alone doing it. You have done an amazing job so far. Look forward to seeing more. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Izzi

If you believe you can you wil

Finished 2017
Pleasant Row Cottages
Kingfisher & flowers
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Great to have you back again and how lovely it is to have your first house - it sure is an amazing feeling.

Fabulous to see this garden of flowers back again and you are making wonderful progress on it Gabrielle. Well Done. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Congrats on the new house and what a beautiful afghan this is going to be!! Great to see you again!! :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Various small designs