ABC Floral Baby Blanket

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

CuriousKitty

Re: ABC Floral Baby Blanket

Post by CuriousKitty »

fccs wrote:I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful ABC's! And the "I" - wow!!! More, please....
They're so pretty! I was worried at the very beginning because the pattern is actually half again smaller, each stitch is on a 3x3 instead of 2x2 square, and I wasn't sure 2 strand coverage would do it, but I think I like the white peeking through under the stitches. And... I did the rose of the I upside down, because I was too scared to count up that high. xD

I started on J, but the progress pic would not be visible... it's white on white (at first). -.-

And I know I'm barreling through it, but right now all I can think of is, "OMG MARCH BIRTHDAY. MUST FINISH." I can't delay it again D= Although that little stinkie-cutie-pie might appreciate it more at the age of 8 instead of 2...

Personally I think she looks much more like toddler-me than her mom. ;) That's my brother-in-law there.

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wub: :wub: adorable!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Your "I" looks great, as does the whole project. This will definitely be of heirloom quality when finished. You're doing a great job. I'm looking forward to more updates.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Not really halfway on J, but yeah. I'm not as enthused about this letter, but I just remind myself I'm almost halfway through the alphabet.
Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh my, she's adorable! She'll treasure this blanket, when she gets old enough to realize exactly how much love went into it. And you can tell her that it has been admired all around the world. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

She really is a cutie. Great update on this colourful one. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

You're making such quick progress on this one. It seems that every time I log in, you've got another update. Thanks for sharing. This piece is such a treasure.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Hokay! J is done, onto some yellows and blues for K! I honestly thought the flowers were so weird on this one...

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Just perfect!

Another one done!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Looks great! :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful!!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

You're amazing. You've got another letter done already. Each one is so beautiful.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I love this one more every time I see it. Keep the updates coming; you're doing a marvelous job on it.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

wendywombat wrote:Just perfect!

Another one done!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
I agree!! Beautiful!!! And the little one is just too precious for words!! :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Agatha

Post by Agatha »

This is such a gorgeous project! Lovely stitching. :wub:
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Okay, so after a long absence, basically working like nothing else exists in my life, getting married, going on a well-deserved vacation, coming back and still working as if nothing else exists in my life, I have finally finished the letter K! I know, I totally broke the "finish before March" deadline. For you know, 2nd year in a row. Oh well :roll:

And guess what, I'm almost halfway! :whoop: Two letters before I'm halfway through this dang alphabet! And I swear if I ever repeat this pattern again, I'm not doing it blanket sized! And apparently my coffee table is the perfect width for how far along I am.

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It is absolutely beautiful. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Afghans are wonderful keepsakes and I'm sure your niece will cherish it. I realized after stitching a few for infants that it was much more fun for me and for my grandchildren if I waited until they were old enough to appreciate what I was doing and could make it about something they loved, so one got a fairy themed afghan, two got sports themed and one got whale and Dolphins. A few others haven't received anything yet, but I have some in progress. They got regular projects because I asked,for subjects and they didn't get back to me. They don't seem to mind. Anyway, what I'm saying is that I don't think you can be late with a special gift like this.
Glad to see it again.

And I'm not surprised that you have been strapped for time.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

rcperryls wrote:It is absolutely beautiful. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Afghans are wonderful keepsakes and I'm sure your niece will cherish it. I realized after stitching a few for infants that it was much more fun for me and for my grandchildren if I waited until they were old enough to appreciate what I was doing and could make it about something they loved, so one got a fairy themed afghan, two got sports themed and one got whale and Dolphins. A few others haven't received anything yet, but I have some in progress. They got regular projects because I asked,for subjects and they didn't get back to me. They don't seem to mind. Anyway, what I'm saying is that I don't think you can be late with a special gift like this.
Glad to see it again.

And I'm not surprised that you have been strapped for time.

Carole

Yeah I'm glad I'm working on it again too! And I'm about halfway through L, but it's super easy like I- basically diagonal rows of 3 greens and same rose on top and on the bottom. No confetti every other stitch!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: wow That is looking absolutely gorgeous and will become a treasured heirloom I am sure. :wub: it. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

Squirrel wrote::whoop: wow That is looking absolutely gorgeous and will become a treasured heirloom I am sure. :wub: it. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
I agree. It is going to be so special, and you're doing a beautiful job on it.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends