New Home card -- WIP

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Angel

Post by Angel »

I can't see it mabel. I keep your secret.

I always think "Eh it's only a tiny mistake, I leave it" and then frog it anyway. *is own worth enemy.

That's a really beautiful angel by the way.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Thanks for keeping the secret :-)

By the way, I've been meaning to ask -- who's this Mr Frog who keeps turning up, and what is frogging? Unpicking? or the mistake that needs unpicking?
Mabel Figworthy

I've been thinking it might look nice to do the leaves of the flowers in ribbon, but a bit of measuring showed it would take a 2mm ribbon and I've only got some odds and ends of 4 and 7mm.

BUT I've got some friends who are in the process of moving house as well, AND I've got a silk ribbon kit which I am hoping to do next and which has some 2mm green ribbon, so if I work economically there I may have enough left for the leaves when i stitch this little fella again.

Might use beads instead of the colonial knots, too.
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Oh you're flying along with that now! You have got alot of it done already. The beads and ribbon would look lovely, but no matter if you can't put any ribbon on this one, it looks gorgeous even as a stitched design with no extra embellishments, it's that good.
:D
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Mabel Figworthy

Thanks -- I must say I'm rather chuffed with it too :-)

I'd like to try buttons some time as well, so perhaps very small floral buttons would work with this one.

I can see i'll need to find lots of people who are moving house to try out all the possible variations...
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

that is really cute!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Mabel Figworthy

Aargh! *tears hair out in frustration* I want to be finishing this card! I want to see how it'll turn out!

So why are there church newsletters to be written and websites to be updated and accounts to be kept, when it would be so much much more enjoyable to be stitching?

(In case you're wondering why I'm not stitching in the time it takes me to write this :-), it's because I can sneak a short forum visit in between other jobs at the computer, but actually going off entirely and settling down with my stitching is, unfortunately, another thing altogether...)

Ah -- duty calls! The boss (aka the husband) wants something done to the website, so I'll have to be off.
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Thats wonderful, very very cute and such a lovely design to well done. Ur a very fast stitcher to. Can i ask what program u used to do this please.
Mabel Figworthy

Thanks Sammy! I use Jane Greenoff's Cross Stitch Pattern Creator 2, for no better reason than that I found it cheap on eBay :-).

As you can see I usually start out on good old 5mm squared paper, which I find just the right scale and easy to see once the chart is finished, but it's nice to keep your designs in a program as well 'cause they can do previews so you have at least some idea of what it will look like stitched.
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Thanks Mabel i will have to have a look for it i think or see if i can get a demo for it from somewhere to try b4 i buy kind of thing. I use PC PRO at the moment and i like that but want to kind of compare it.
Angel

Post by Angel »

The frog we keep mentioning refers to when you make a mistake and you have to undo it. It's called frogging for a couple of reasons, mostly because you riiiiiipit (like ribbit only not), but also on a note with me, because my progress hops backwards. It takes so long to get there and then, hop and you're back to that point.

He's developed his own persona now, instead of just being a word, he's an actual characterization, he has parties and visits people. :P

And you is welcome. I R good at secrets :P
Mabel Figworthy

Backstitch is done! Well, the dark brown bs anyway... Now all that's needed is the flowers. Will I be able to finish it tonight? Must be possible!
Last edited by Mabel Figworthy on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabel Figworthy

Hurray! Finished! And before midnight, too...

Now all I have to do is make up the card before tomorrow's post collection.

Last edited by Mabel Figworthy on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

It's so cute :D It was great seeing it take shape, and so fast too :D
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

That is so cute. I came late onto the picture so I got to see the progression in quick time. You are so talented!
Angel

Post by Angel »

Oh! So pretty!
Mabel Figworthy

And here's the final final stage :-), ready to send
Last edited by Mabel Figworthy on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Oh that is beautiful. What a lovely card to get. Your friend will love it! I know I would.
The flowers are beautiful. :rose:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
PaulaH

Post by PaulaH »

What a lovely card - well done!

Paula xx
mags

Post by mags »

Oh I like that, well done 8)
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs