In betweenie!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Dazbo666

Post by Dazbo666 »

wendywombat wrote:Why do we need pdf files of patterns when we can download them ourselves if we have the links available? There may be a copyright issue involved!
Yes the pdf's would be freely available for download, but I've collected them from so many sources that I don't have the links for many of them.

I'm also normally very careful to only save the files from sites/webpages which state that the pattern is not under copyright.

(I understand that it's wise to be careful with copyright issues, but I deal with data protection and legal issues etc on a daily basis, so if anything I tend to be over cautious). :wink:
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

the frog is when you have to rip out something you stitched..

rip it
rip it

ribbit ribbit..

hahahah

hope this doesn't jinx anyone
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Its looking good threadbear, im sure once its done u will love it. I sometimes dont like them to start with either.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I know that alot of the free patterns are not copyrighted per say, but I also know that the designers use them to encourage you to go to there site and look around. I don't have any information right at hand but I am not sure that sending pdf files is something that a designer would want with freebies. I have a question in to one lady that is a designer and have asked her about her freebies and how she has it set up for sharing of her freebies. To be on the safe side I would hold off sharing until we can be sure that it is ok.

I know I can't say no don't do it but I am saying be very very careful with what and how you share patterns free or otherwise.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Well I didn't get time to do much on the dolphin yesterday, but to make it a bit more interesting for myself I am experimenting by having different needles on the go at once, so that the dolphin looks more complete as it goes down in finished parts rather than finished colours, if I am making sense?

Will try and get a progress picture soon to show you.

I have a couple of projects in mind togo with next and can't decide which to do first! :lol: I just want to stitch them all NOW!
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Ok, so did a bit more since my last post and the dolphin is now finished apart from backstitch. So just the plants and background to do and then I can get on with my next project! :D

Dolphin
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Wow! you are really speeding on with the dolphin, looks great :D
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Just caught up with your sampler, TB. It's beautiful - well done.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

The Dolphin was worth pursuing wasn't it?? :lol: :lol:
It looks cheeky now! :lol: :lol:
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Looks great, well done.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh he is very cute I don't think he looks blocky at all. The little rascal is going to be great. Well done. You have beat Mr :ribbit: . YEAH!!!!!
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Hmm, well ... He is growing on me.
I like him a little better than I did, :lol:
I have nearly got the water done, then it is just the plants. I was going to post an update, but have suddenly realised I am on the computer (rather than laptop) and the card reader is ignoring me :x ) so I'll have to update by picture tomorrow now. I've got half the back stitch done as well, which has improved him a little.
Actually, I can't wait to finish this now, as I want to get going on the owl project now :oops: , am so looking forward to it.
:D

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Ok, here is the owl so far.

Just need to finish backstitch, do the plants, and the light blue water. So not too much left, should just about last me until I'm ready to start my owl picture, :lol:

Almost done!

:D

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Aaaaaaaaallllllllllmost there!
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I love the feeling when you get close to the end of a project, I think you will love this once it is done, I often take a step back from the finished item and put it away for a day or so, I find I can then 'see' it as others do, not from a stitching view.
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Haha, I must really have this owl project on the brain, just looked back at my previous post to see it says the owl is nearly finished, :lol:

Yeah, maybe after it's finished I will like it better. I can't seem to help looking at it and thinking fractional stitches would have helped it look less blockish and the backstitch could then have gone in diagonal lines at times, rather than square-ish.

Anyhow, I Hope I do like it. :D

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I know that it's too late now :roll: But for a future project you could always do the background in single thread for something as bold as a Dolphin. He really will leap out then! :idea:
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

It looks great, very cute. Well done.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I think he is very sweet his smile captures you. Very well done he is going to be wonderful when completely completed. :P
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Aww, thanks to you all. :D

Wendy, that's a good idea, it would be worth trying that another time. I might try a small version for a card when I get some spare time, that would be good to fiddle with then and try the different effect.

Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog