HAED:Dancing with the Cat: Top 3 Rows complete June 8, 2021

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

rcperryls

Re: HAED:Dancing with the Cat - Kuck: Page 4 completed 3/17/

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you all for your comments.
Richard, I looked for the link to the picture on the website, but couldn't find it as the artist has been retired from HAED (though I do believe she is returning) so you could see that there are blues in the design which didn't show up in the picture that I posted, though I don't know if they are as dark as the blue in my stitching. I do appreciate your observation though and your very kind remarks about my stitching. I love stitching this one (but I say that about all my projects) and am hoping to get back to it sooner rather than later.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Ahh.
I don't want to criticise, as it risks seeming to be very unfair on you (which I don't want to be, given the amazing work you have done) but did need to get it off my chest. So long as you knew exactly the picture you were going to get, I can't really complain. However, I still can't help feeling the chart could, & should, have been closer to the original and that you'd do a better chart justice. In fact, a better chart would be needed to come close to your standard.

However, there is no doubt it's a nice picture that makes me smile every time I see it, because something similar happens almost every day at home. Our Maine Coon, Ozzie, is a kitten at heart despite being nearly 3 years old and still chases my daughter's loose dressing gown ties whenever he can.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you Richard. I didn't feel criticized and really do appreciate your comments and am not surprised that you would spot something like that. I think that your attention to detail is amazing and would never want anything less in your comments. Something my husband would also have noticed, I'm sure. He was also an engineer (mechanical) and his name was Richard. Wonder if it is because of the engineering backgrounds or name that causes it?

One of my cats, before Laverne and Shirley, was obsessed with strings. We had to be very careful. He ate some fishing line once and had to go to the vet for removal. Fortunately, did no harm. If he couldn't find string, he'd pick at the carpet edges to pull some out. We switched to hard wood floors. No tinsel, close watch on all threads (and fishing lines). But, he did love to chase a rope that was pulled across the floor. Up until the age of 18.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Oh wow! Haven't seen this one in ages! Amazing progress, Carole! And that bow! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Fantastic update your making great progress I love the bow and I'm looking forward to seeing more :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
playswithpaper

Post by playswithpaper »

Ohhhh...my...I saw Kuck and had to look! As in Sandra Kuck? I have a few of her puzzles! lol Love her work! As a matter of fact...seems I recall seeing a cross stitch kit...couple of angels if I recall correctly? A Haed huh.....naw..think i'll stick to the puzzles for now. Perhaps in a year or five!

But, can't wait to see the progress on this one! :applesauce: :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

playswithpaper wrote:Ohhhh...my...I saw Kuck and had to look! As in Sandra Kuck:
Sandra Kuck it is! I love her art and have way too many of her charts. I hope I can finish this one sometime!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
rcperryls

Re: HAED:Dancing with the Cat - Kuck: Top row completed 6/23

Post by rcperryls »

It only took two years :oops: but I finally finished the top row of this beautiful chart. Pages 5 and 6 completed. Have to admit that page 6 is only about 1 and 1/2 columns so hard to brag about 2 pages, but the row is done! Since this is supposed to be a gift for my niece I'm going to focus on it (and mini Shiver Meow Timbers also a gift . Don't plan on any new starts until my niece gets engaged which is probably at least a year off. But I digress, as usual.

Not much feline assistance as you can see:
They much prefer lounging on their catio in the really hot weather (been in the upper 90's F the past few weeks) to working on cross stitch.

Top row (Pages 1-6)

Close up of pages 5-6 (Sorry this pic is blurry)

Off to work on a Lizzie Kate that is a UFO for a while before returning to HAED projects.

Thanks for looking.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Carole

Re: HAED:Dancing with the Cat - Kuck: Top Row Completed 6/23

Post by Carole »

Congrats on finishing the first row :) :applesauce:

It's looking gorgeous
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

fccs

Post by fccs »

It looks great and even small pages count, so congrats! And look at you being all Miss UFO'y!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

Small pages count. A page is a page. :) :applesauce: Good progress! :applesauce:

WIP
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Congrats on finishing the top row!! It looks great!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

:applesauce: Congrats on finishing the top row. You have done well & it is nicely stitched. Look forward to seeing more updates :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
richardandtracy

'Tis getting on. Well done.

The problem with big projects is that if you don't concentrate on them, you never seem to make significant progress, and if you do, there is a danger of getting stale. Not something I've figured out how to get around. Ah well, progress is progress , and completing the top row is a significant milestone. :wub:

Regards,

Richard.
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:applesauce: Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment!!! I love the bigger pieces. They are quite the investment but super impressive when progress is made
xstitchmom

Post by xstitchmom »

It is looking great! :applesauce:
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

What a nice update. It must feel really nice to have the first row done. I love the Kuck designs. I know I've got several on my "Wish List".

Thank you so much for sharing your update pictures.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Lovely to see the Sleeping Beauties aka The Ladies again and of course sleeping in the sun is always preferred.

CONGRATULATIONS :mexicanwave: a great achievement to get that top row done and such a lot of different colours too. On the first picture it shows up on my computer as all black! A fantastic update on a gorgeous piece. :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Re: HAED:Dancing with the Cat - Kuck: Page 7 finished 11/1/1

Post by rcperryls »

Starting the 2nd row and completed page 7. I am seriously thinking of just rotating between this and Shiver Meow Timbers until Shiver is finished since its a mini and not near as much left to stitch. Then will rotate this one in with my other projects and never plan on such a large project as a gift again. I really enjoyed stitching this page. Much less confetti and back to using my Lowery stand again (easier with only one lap kitty :( ). Miss Laverne was happy to see me stitching a more appropriate subject than butterflies

This is page 7

And the whole piece so far:

Thanks for looking

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

Re: HAED:Dancing with the Cat - Kuck: Page 7 finished 11/2/1

It is coming on nicely. I look forward to the time when the main character (the cat) is in the picture...

Regards,

Richard