HAED - Moo Quack Moo - 6/4 update

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Beaaaatrice

HAED - Moo Quack Moo - 6/4 update

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone!

A while back I finished my project and immediately started to look for a new one, I literally went through HAED:s whole website and went from artist starting with A and finished with the last one and saved a bookmark for every artist or design that I liked (I have more than 80 bookmarks now).

When I was done with the browsing, I decided to start with "Moo Quack Moo" by Garret Fitchett.
Link here: http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=6227" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

He has so many cool things, so I'm going to do more from him after this!

The info says that the count on the fabric is 25, but I checked it out and felt like that was impossible for me to do, so I bought a 14 ct instead.
I feel like 14 ct is small enough, BUT, my project is going to be twice the size than it says and I'm a bit scared actually. It's going to take me a year probably to finish this, but that's OK..... I think. :oops:

I'm going to have a second project also, so I can switch between them and that one I'm actually going to do 25 ct just to try. I can't do all my projects humongous, I need to learn. :thinks:

The size is going to be somewhere around 80x60 cm which is about 31x23 inches.

Here is my progress so far:

I've begun in the top left corner with the sky, as you can see in the picture it looks to be one green and two blue, but they are actually all blue. Well, the green colour is more blue than green, it really depends on how warm the light is in your room, if I lay the colour against my brown table, it's all blue.

I'm using 2 strands of floss and it feels right!

The past two days I've been organizing my threads, this chart alone has 80 colours and the other project also have 80 colours. So I bought a box and bobbins (I think that's the english word for it), I have 20 colours left of the 40 I ordered to organize, so I'm going to complete that before I do anything else with the stitching. :)

Have a great day!
Bea
Last edited by Beaaaatrice on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:34 am, edited 8 times in total.
wendywombat

Re: HAED - Moo Quack Moo - 1st update

Post by wendywombat »

Great start...it'll be BIG & Beautiful when it's finished!! :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote:Great start...it'll be BIG & Beautiful when it's finished!! :applesauce:
I agree completely!!!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote:
wendywombat wrote:Great start...it'll be BIG & Beautiful when it's finished!! :applesauce:
I agree completely!!!!!

Carole
I agree as well!! Nice start---don't forget you will need considerably more thread of each floss too, but it will be worth it!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

You've chosen a great chart. This will look great when done. I've found using a larger-count fabric doesn't usually detract from the finished result--it's just larger. I can't wait to see more updates.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
fccs

Post by fccs »

You've made a great start! It will be big, but that's not a big deal. You're stitching on a fabric you feel comfortable with and that's important. I can't wait to see this one progress.

And I think it's a good idea to have the second WIP - I like variety.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Beaaaatrice

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone!

Thank you all so much for the support, it keeps the faith going that it's OK that the work is going to be big. Sometimes I still have doubts that I'm doing the right thing. It will probably feel better when I have my other work going as well.

Here is my second update! :whoop:

I actually have managed to get a lot done, I've almost done half of square 1 (out of 28) and I sticking to one square at the time. I tried keeping check on two squares at once but I did everything wrong, that's why there is 3 rows with 4 stitches each at the top right corner, that's beginning of square 2.

I also try to do the confetti (one stitch here, two stitches there, that's the correct word right?) at once so I do complete rows before I go too far down on the chart. There is a lot of confetti, which is taking its time.

Next week I'm going to order fabric and thread to my next project!

Hope you all like my update. :dance:

Bea
wendywombat

Re: HAED - Moo Quack Moo - second update!

Post by wendywombat »

I do like your update!!

Well done! :applesauce: :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I think you are doing a beautiful job. Your stitches are lovely and you have done great managing the confetti which can be a real chore at times. I think most stitchers of HAED designs and other very large pieces stick to stitching a page at a time. You can see that in many of the updates. I tend to go over to the next page to the right and also to the next page down at times, depending on the number of stitches left to do in that color. The only rule is that you stitch it the way that is comfortable and works for you.
I am looking forward to your updates!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mouselady

Post by mouselady »

Your stitching looks so even and lovely! I am really looking forward to watching this progress!
Desiree

WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines

2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Such beautiful stitching and I am sure you were delighted to see some colours coming into the design too. Just take it quietly through the confetti, which as we all know is a pain but oh so right when it is completed. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

I agree with everyone else. You're making great progress and you're stitching it beautifully.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Beautiful stitching! :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Beaaaatrice

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone!

Thank you so so much for all the warm comments :wub:

The past week has been chaos for me, I've had much going on at work and at home so I haven't had the time nor the peace to sit down until this weekend. I managed to make some progress for you guys to see, so here it is:

I'm still trying to make complete rows before I go too far down, but I'm also trying to do as much as I can with one colour so I don't have to do that one again soon. The konfetti has been trying my patience, it's a lot of it everywhere but I'm trying to find ways to make it easier to do.

Thank you guys again for the comments :wub:

Hope you like my update!

Bea
rcperryls

Re: HAED - Moo Quack Moo - Update 1/2 - 16

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: Lovely update! It really is hard when life interferes with stitching, isn't it? Lots of confetti can be a real pain, but so worth it in the end for the detail it gives. I would think it is easier if you park, but I can't keep track of that many threads at once. I try to alternate areas of confetti with larger blocks of color when I can. (Sometimes a larger block may be any area that has more than 10 stitches close together) Makes each more interesting.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Beautiful stitching! :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Looks great so far!!
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: very nice update, hope things settle down for you soon!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Any progress counts, and you're doing a wonderful job with this. I hope things settle down a bit for you.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Sorry things have been a bit hectic, but I'm glad you were able to get some stitching time in this past weekend. You are making good progress. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. :D
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/