Canyon Flight update 2/14/2019

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

wendywombat

Re: Canyon Flight update 1/4/15

Post by wendywombat »

Oh, how nice to see this again :applesauce: :applesauce: I loved this one last time I saw it....and still do :dance:

Wonderful detail :whoop:

What a shame life gets in the way of stitching :roll: :ratherbe: but good to see you and the eagle back here :D
Busy_B

Re: Canyon Flight update 1/4/15

Post by Busy_B »

rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful!! I participated in the last HAED challenge on the BB and enjoyed it, but opted out of the parking one. Is it time for another one already? I'll have to go check it out. I love the Eagle!!! You have done a fantastic job! And it is soooo good to hear from you again. Glad to hear that you are busy and doing well and are a very busy bee (bad pun, I know, but I couldn't resiste :oops: )

Carole
:dance:
The parking challenge just ended last weekend. I think it will be a few weeks before the next one starts.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
fccs

Re: Canyon Flight update 10/19/16

Post by fccs »

Beautiful update!! I hope you can get more stitching time in - but even a few minutes is better than nothing, right?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Such a beautiful update :wub: I love eagles :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

vanessanjf wrote:Such a beautiful update :wub: I love eagles :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
There's another newer one that has 3 eagles on it I think. DH loves it, so I bought the mini version in the last sale. He mentioned that it may be one that he stitches. :roll: I doubt that will happen since he's been working on a small horse stitch for our son for at least 4 years. He might work on it a handful times a year. http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... 880aaf4b92. This is the latest one we've bought. Who knows when it will get started.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
xstitchalanna

Post by xstitchalanna »

That is amazing and so beautiful!

Are you doing half or whole cross stitches on it?
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I am sure that the eagle's eye is on you encouraging you to add a wee bit more. Lovely to see you posting again too. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

xstitchalanna wrote:That is amazing and so beautiful!

Are you doing half or whole cross stitches on it?
I'm doing 2 over 1 tent stitch on 28 count monaco fabric.
Squirrel wrote:I am sure that the eagle's eye is on you encouraging you to add a wee bit more. Lovely to see you posting again too. :lol:
He is Squirrel. I tried putting him down today to put some stitches into a more colorful project, but I couldn't get into it. It looks like I might spend another hour or so on him tonight. I have a couple more days left in our fall break at school--we get 2 weeks off so I go back on Monday. I should be working on lesson plans for the next 2 months, writing tests and grading a set of tests that will take a while. But, my body has really been telling me the last few months that I need to take some time.
Midge

Post by Midge »

Fabulous update!
It's really hard finding "me" time isn't it.
Hopefully you will give us another update soon.
2022 is yet another year of the UFO!!
Great Wall of China,
Peacocks and Pheasants,
Birds of a feather,
Hardanger Table runner,
TW Peacock Tapestry,
Milennium Sampler,
Yes, they are all STILL in progress!
phoebefreckle

Post by phoebefreckle »

Wow, amazing update. :applesauce: What does parking involve? I've heard it mentioned, but not sure what it means.
WIP:
Punky Fairy
Bothy Thread Alphabet
Shoe Tree
Max's Moon
Small fairy
Some knitting and crochet

End 2016 finishes
Christmas Wreath embroidery
Knitted rag dolls
Green jumper

Rowandean embroidery 2017 finish
Busy_B

Re: Canyon Flight update 12/26/16

Post by Busy_B »

Well, I have really been trying to get more stitching time in to help me de-stress. My mom started having health issues around Halloween. I'm an only child, so it's just the two of us when it comes to these issues. She's doing okay right now...we're just waiting to hear when surgery will be scheduled. My DH is amazing! Within 24 hours of having a diagnosis, he had a plan to remodel a room and our garage so Mom can move in with us soon. Right now she lives in a two story plus basement that is way too big for one person.

With all that being said, my stitching has been coming out more often to help me recenter and get thru everything. I've been able to finish a couple of pages that were partially done. My goal right now is to finish page 4 on the far right so page 5 can be used on the next HAED challenge starting Jan. 1. I don't go back to work until the 9th, and I don't have much work that needs to be done. :whoop:

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: for your update and :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: for your DH for being as supportive as it is possible to be. I hope that your mother's health improves after surgery and I am sure that moving in to your home will be about the best medicine possible.
I'm glad that your stitching, which is just gorgeous, is helping to relieve some of the stress you are having. Thoughts and prayers and wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year going to you and your family!

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Lovely to hear that your DH is being so supportive. I hope your mum is feeling better soon.
Your stitching is looking fantastic :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
fccs

Post by fccs »

I love your update and even more, I love how supportive and thoughtful your DH is. I hope your mom's health improves and I'm glad you have your stitching to help you destress a bit.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
stitchaddict

Post by stitchaddict »

OMG it looks so fantastic.. LOVE IT :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What a time it has been for you, DH and your mum and hopefully the surgery is soon and she can get settled into her new home with both of you in good health. A wonderful idea of your DH to convert spaces for her use. I have a lovely bedroom and sitting room in my DD & SIL home and its great.

Love your update on this lovely design and you are making great progress with it in spite of the problems around you. Keep stitching and remember each stitch is one closer to the end of your next goal. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

I have definitely been losing myself in this one while I've been off work. I was saving page 5 for the HAED challenge that started today, so I started on page 6 the other day. It is the last page in the first row. It doesn't have many colors, so it was easy to start on. In fact, the rest of the page is the same color, so it should be nice to take when they finally schedule my mom's surgery. Since the HAED challenge started today, I've been working on page 6. No picture yet, but it is going quickly with large areas of single colors. I may end up having a few more pages done before I go back to work Monday.

Busy_B

Re: Canyon Flight update 1/2/2017

Post by Busy_B »

Well, I have had 2 productive days stitching even if not much else has gotten done at the house. :ratherbe: DH is down with sinus and ear infections so I can't do any laundry in our bedroom and the kids entertain themselves. I don't think I've ever stitched a page this fast! It is about 40 - 45% done. There are only 2 colors left to fill in the page.
kingfisher68

Post by kingfisher68 »

Fabulous stitching. Sorry your mum has been ill but great your husband :applesauce: :applesauce: is sooo supportive. Look forward to seeing more of your stitching soon.
Izzi

Believe you can & you will

WIP
DMC Pleasant Row Cottages
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: That gets more and more beautiful with each update! You have made amazing progress on the challenge. I haven't signed up for this one, though I did do the first one and enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing more updates on this and on your Mom's health, which I hope will be getting better in 2017.

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker