Angels Second Project

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Angel

Post by Angel »

^_^ Thank you everyone.

I think everything on this pattern is laced with gold thread, the top and bottom borders, the boat, thechair, both people and even the birds all have gold in them. I'm so glad I found some gold thread I can use :P

I don't think the rest will take as long as the people have though so it should start progressing rather rapidly now. Which is good, because I have a present to stitch for my mom to do next :P
Little Stitcher

Post by Little Stitcher »

Thats looking really good Angel :)
how you finding the metallic gold?
Angel

Post by Angel »

I love RGs petite treasure braid! *nod nod* I'm enjoying working with the gold, it's a lot more difficult than the other threads, but no where near as much hassle as DCs metallic threads. I have another photo comming in a bit, without my hoop so you can see the full thing.
Little Stitcher

Yay for another pic love seeing every1s progress so much fun..and so sad when see how fast every1 can stitch :shock:

What Gold are you actually using? No idea wat mine is from kit but h8 it...its like xmas tinsel :doh:
Angel

Post by Angel »

Mines RG Petite treasure braid. None of my threads are from kits, I am working from a magazine at the moment, and my next project is just a chart. So I bought my own stash of threads :P

The gold I will be couching onto the boat will be DMC and most of the gold on the Pharoh was DMC, but I changed to RG halfway through and never made such a wise descision. RG is soooo much better.

Awww don't be sad. I do most things fast. But it's only because I'm not doing anything else. When I start stitching I spend hours on it at a time.

EDIT
Well I had to frog the gold on the flower she's holding, but here's what I have so far Without my frame ^_^
Little Stitcher

Wow its coming along really well :)
btw what do you mean by 'frog'? Is that like jumping a couple of squares away on the chart from the last gold thread? :?
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I didn't know what 'frogging' was either before I joined this site, but it is when you go wrong and have to take the stitches out and redo it.
So you .... RIIIIPPPP it! (sounds like a frog noise, 'Ribbit'. :frog: )

Angel, that is looking brilliant! It is really progressing fast.
I'm using the RG petite treasure braids at the moment as well, First time I've ever used metallic threads, and I'm loving them!
:D
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Rose

Post by Rose »

Yes you are really getting on with your new project. Great to see all the progress.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe I thought it was called frog because you hop backwards. Take all this time making progress and then...hop and it's gone :P Riiiiip it sounds like a much saner explaination :P

Thank you ^_^ I can't wait to get it finished.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

That frog has so many meanings :ribbit:
I am not a fast stitcher either Little Stitcher, but we I get there in the end :D
Is the treasure braid similar to Kreinik blending filament?
Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe bless that frog. Hey, you know, that would make a good project one day for a stitching room. A frog on his pad with the words "Bless that" above him and then in real big words, below him "FROG!" The ammount of times he visits :P

I don't know, I've never used kreinik before. Just DMC and RG. And I'm not going back to DMC other than for my couching.
Little Stitcher

hehe thanks for explainin the lil froggy :frog: btw do u guys actually rip/slice the back of the stitches and then pull them out or do you use a needle to unthread it all?
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I un-stitch if I can, just retrace my stitches, happens a lot :roll:.
In extreme cases I find the end and carefully undo each part of the cross, learned my lesson from a big mistake some years ago, when I cut into a coaster I was making for my mum, had to throw it away :(
Rose

Post by Rose »

It all depends on the circumstant. If I feel that the tread is in good enough shape to be reused then I will take the time to undo each stitch. If however the thread is looking sick or if it is metallic tread then I will cut it and tearout the stitches. :cry:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Angel

Post by Angel »

I unstitch where possable. But there are times when you have no choice but to cut. All my frogging on this has been to un stitch, but on lickle ted I had to get the scissors out and cut.
Little Stitcher

oo you have done a lickle ted! *going to find now...love teddy bears :D
Angel

Post by Angel »

Yeah, he's in my gallery if you want to look. Click my profile and there's a link to the gallery in there. I love him and was so proud when I did him, but he was hard work. Harder than this is. This is just lengthy.
Little Stitcher

He is so cute! i love the diff poses of him layin about looks so innocent yet naughty!
I think i understand...i've done a free popcorn kit from a mag where he is holding a flower...nightmare to distinguish mink brown, light mink, pale cream, etc from one another...i think i need an extremely bright light lol...

BTW i love Charm too...
Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe yeah. I had natural white, white, cream, light grey, light beige, beige... GAH! *tears hair out* And I'm sure half of the white I did in grey because the colour did change. I don't like kits for this reason, I can't tell the colours appart if they're similar. I like to pick them off m bobbins, so much easier! In this pattern all the colours, appart from the two skin ones, are soooo easy to tell appart. Plus they're presorted....by ME! ^_^

Awww thank you ^_^ He's my cuddle bun.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Angels not made much progress tonight, but here we go anyways