benceagi - Japanese pillow

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

agi

benceagi - Japanese pillow

Post by agi »

I have started a pillow for my daughter - she wanted something Japanese. So I have pagodas and cherry blossoms - but I had to change the colours because she wanted something different from the original blues...
So, after my lavender project on the first of January [img]http://flickr.com/photos/8602322@N05/2188566854/[/img] (alt+p)

I started this. So far so much: [img]http://flickr.com/photos/8602322@N05/2188567188/[/img] (alt+p)[/img]
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
agi

pictures

Post by agi »

Well... I have read the thread on how to post pictures but apparently I did something wrong. Can somebody help me?
Sorry about that (but you can see the photos on flickr if you want).
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."

My blog
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I have the same problem sometime.

Open another window with the picture. I find that I have to go into the edit mode in Flickr to get it work. I copy the url info that is below the picture. Then back at your message click on Img, paste your url and hit return. That should do it.
agi

trying again

Post by agi »

Agi

My blog
agi

Post by agi »

Agi

My blog
agi

Post by agi »

Wow! I did it! Now let me try the 2008 first project again.
[img] http://flickr.com/photos/8602322@N05/2188566854/
[/img]
Agi

My blog
agi

Post by agi »

Well, it seems Photobucket does it but flickr doesnt. At least I managed to post a link- better than nothing, eh?
Sorry about playin with the trial - error method here but that's the only one that works for me.
Agi

My blog
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Trial and error seems to be the only way when posting, I have had a lot of trouble in the past with images.
Still not sure what worked in the end on here so I have given up.
I put my work in my gallery and webshots now.
Had a look through your photos, some stunning work.
I cant wait to see how the Japanese one comes on :D
Jilly
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

The only thing I have discovered with flickr is that you can't copy the url from the top of the page like you would normally to copy and paste something. You have to go into their secret spot to pull the address. I've only be able to get it work while being in the edit mode in flickr.

I just walked through:
You click on the picture you want. Right above it will be a bunch of buttons. Click on the one that says all sizes. Once it opens, scroll down and the address you want is the second one that say "grab photo's url".

This is the only way I've gotten it to work... and it's a bit of a pain.

EDIT Two minutes later: okay....so that's the way I get it to work most times. Today it's not working.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Agi, I think that both the finish and the pillow are wonderful. It doesn't matter how you get the picture for us just that fact that you have it available is what we like. Have you tried just posting the picture into the gallery that we have on our site and then telling us to go there. Maybe that would be easier in the long run.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
mags

Post by mags »

Hi Agi

Just been looking at your flikr photos - you have done some lovely work and I do like the colours you have chosen for your Japanese pagoda pillow. 8)
Angel

Post by Angel »

I cant wait to see this finished. I love Japanese styled art and that it looking pretty good.
agi

Post by agi »

Thank you very much for your kind words. It makes me so proud, especially because a year ago I didn't even remember that such a thing as cross stitch embroidery exist. Although I did some stitching as a child, and I still have the apron I had to stitch in school, my mother and grandmother mainly taught me another type of emroidery - I don't know the name. I will try to find some old examples and photograph them. So I started cross stitch again only in May last year.
It's been a great time since then and I feel I have developed a lot. But I still have a lot to learn.

As for the Japanese pattern, I would have preferred the originial blue-white colour scheme. It was my daughter who "ordered" purplish colours. She is my greatest fan so far. :lol:
Agi

My blog
Rose

Post by Rose »

I like the pink/purple colors. I have a set of dishes that my brother bought for me when he was in Japan and they are pink and grey. They look very good.

You must have a girl who's favorite color is purple, I have one of those also.
agi

Post by agi »

I haven't done much in the past few days - at least not pillowise.
Actually I started a new project I have been dreaming about for months now - just to see how easy or difficult it is - a Michael Powell. I am just doing one of his freebies to start, to see how it feels, and if I enjoy it I will buy a big one. But I didn't stitch much in that either - too much work. :evil:
This is the last week of the term in the school, a lot of administration work, and for the very last day, the most hectic day - we got a supervisor coming to check the standard of English teaching. Well, it's over now, and she praised everything she saw, so now I can take a deep breath and... stitch. :lol:

Do you do the same thing? I mean, stitching several projects at the same time, putting down one, starting another? I do the same with books, too, all the time.
Agi

My blog
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yes, I do. Hence all the UFOs! :shifty:
Alexanie

Post by Alexanie »

Lovely work!

Well, I know your problem. I'm reading several books at the same time as well, sometimes I'm also doing it with stitching.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I try very hard to only have one project going at any given time. It does not always work out that way. This year I am going to try very hard to get all my UFO's finished so that I don't have any setting around. I hate having partials just setting around.

I never start more then one book at a time.
mags

Post by mags »

I like to have only one large project on the go, (I do have another which I consider a UFO :? ) but I like to have small ones on the go at the same time and I am also planning my next big one, and I have several others waiting in the wings. :D
agi

Post by agi »

Hello, everyone.
I have just uploaded a picture of my Japanese pillow taken a few minutes ago. I haven't finished all the details in the picture yet, but couldn't stand starting backstitching because I wanted to see what it will look like. I am experimenting with black and dark red backstitches, I think I am going to combine them, at least in the flowers...

I also uploaded a photo of my very first blackwork piece - I did it on Saturday, after reading a post here - decided to jump right into it. I like it. It was good doing it, and it looks nice.
Agi

My blog