Angels first cross stitch COMPLETE

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Angel

Angels first cross stitch COMPLETE

Post by Angel »

This is my first time in here, forgive me if I do it wrong? :P

So I got a free kit with a magazine. This is what it will look like when it's done:
There is also a yellow heart on the brown of his foot, but you can't see it in my dodgy picture.

I have got actual chromatic gold thread which I intend on using for that heart instead though. make it a little sparkly. Because let's face it, who doesn't love sparkles?

Well I did the top three lines of it and got confused. Normally I would have given up at that point, but I found this forum and your help has been wonderful and now I am thoroughly enjoying my stitching. So I have borrowed dads laptop, photographed the pattern and have photogrphed my progress so far as a testament as to how much you guys have helped me.

Thank you so much and I hope to be as helpful to others in the future as you have all been for me.

My progress so far:

(it's hard to see but there are light red, bright red, white, cream, light beige, beige, light blue and brown in there, with a different coloured white and a grey... which I can't seem to find in this kit. Which could be why I was getting so confused)
Last edited by Angel on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

You are doing a great job :D
As for the thread confusion, someone may have the kit on the forum and be able to help with the problem.
Keep it up, it only gets better and better :D :D :D :D :D :D
Angel

Post by Angel »

The confusion's been cleared up now. I was doing it in lines rather than by colour and with all the whites looking so identical and it being cream, white, three light beige, white I was just dying. It's all going good now. Although I just handed dad his laptop back...and lost my needles. I have a spare thank goodness but the eye is so small. *needs to get to hobbycraft*
mags

Post by mags »

You're making good progress. Well done 8)
Ernie2jess

Post by Ernie2jess »

Keep on counting! :-)
Rose

Post by Rose »

It really is looking good the progress you have made is GREAT, keep going!!!!
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Angel,
Looks great! You're doing a wonderful job!
Alyson
Angel

Post by Angel »

Thank you ^_^

I went to hobby craft today to get some embroidery scissors and needles... Yeah right... I think I now officially have an addiction to buing kits and threads. I bought the wrong sized needles though.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hoping to finish this shortly. I've done over a quarter already.
mags

Post by mags »

Jayms_fallen_angel wrote: I went to hobby craft today to get some embroidery scissors and needles... Yeah right... I think I now officially have an addiction to buing kits and threads
Welcome to the fold :lol:
I actually looked in the window of my local shop today and didn't go in :angel: but I did gaze lovingly at one or two items I have picked out for future projects :wink:
Angel

Post by Angel »

Well I'm kinda in two minds at the moment as to completing this. See my gramma is in hospital and I found this kit which is really for mothers day but could easily be adapted into a get well soon present...Not that I'm likely to visit her in hospital but I kinda want to do that now instead. I should so totally stop going to hobby craft with my card. Just take money and budget myself :P
mags

Post by mags »

There's nothing wrong with having more than one project on the go :lol:
mags

Post by mags »

A good excuse for you : it will be easier to see the different shades in the spring when there are more hours of daylight :D
Angel

Post by Angel »

Hehe, that would be a good excuse, except that I am literally nocturnal due to working nights so it doesn't really matter what time of year it is, I still see by lightbulb :P
mags

Post by mags »

Mmmm I don't think I could work nights :?

Anyway I came upstairs to get prepare some fabric for my next projects and as usual I've spent quite a bit of time on the pc, I am easily side tracked :lol:

Good luck with your project (s)
Angel

Post by Angel »

*is sat at the PC finishing the bears bow*

I'm easily bored. I NEED to be doing three things at the same time, so I'm stitching, on the net and watching flushed away.

Is your next project big? Mine are only small things. Strange though, I feel so proud of this one so far even though it's so small and probably only like a days thing for some of the stitchers on here.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Size doesn't matter it is the thrill of stitching that bonds us together. 8)
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
mags

Post by mags »

I actually prefer to do small things as you do get a nice sense of achievement more often than doing big things.

I have just zig zagged the edges of my fabric for my owl
http://www.sewandso.co.uk/cgi-bin/find/ ... ch_results

which is to be a companion to the cat in my gallery which is my first real major project (probably small to others but it was big to me :lol: ).
Angel

Post by Angel »

Oooooh that owl is pretty!

I have two patterns for unicorns I'd like to do later.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I'm addicted to large patterns but it does leave you without a sense of accomplishing very much.

Hey, what's this about size doesn't matter??? :lol:
Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe size does matter... just what size depends on who you be speaking to. Some like it small and some like it big.