Angels first cross stitch COMPLETE

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Huh? Plan of attack isn't nearly important as the action on the scene.

JFA, have you thought about buying a daylight bulb? It might help with the colours.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Well my flat can only have spotlights because of the low roof, I can't change the lights at work and my parents house (where I'm staying whilst building work happens) is all energy saving bulbs. Plus I'd never heard of daylight bulbs before :P
mags

Post by mags »

Yes a daylight bulb would help. You can get them from craft stores and probably diy stores as well. They are just like normal bulbs only blue in colour - they are very good. I've got one in an angle poise desk lamp in my little craft room. Also need to get one for my standard spotlamp that I use in my sitting room.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Cool, I'll ask about them after pay day when I next go to hobby craft. Thank you.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

You might be able to get an inexpensive desk lamp that can take the bulb and could then travel with you. I've got one that I bought for $10 at a Walmart.
Angel

Post by Angel »

I had a lamp... My lovely new bunny ate the wiring for it >_< I think my next lamp I will buy after I buy the bulb :P
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Sounds like my lovely new puppy that ate the cord on my ott lamp...luckily it wasn't plugged in and my husband could fix it.
Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe well I have everything n my computer desk, and the cubby hole my preinter paper was empty due to me sitting on the sofa and using it as a drawing pad whilst I did dear old grumpy bear. Well my bunny thought it would be fun to sit in that cubby hole. Thought nothing of it. My lap is rarely used anyway and all my plugs are turned off if I'm not using them. She severed the lamps wiring and had a darn good go at the printer. A right little terror that one :P

Gotta love house training new pets eh?
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Actually Lila (the grey one it my avatar) is now 10 months old and is an absolute love (just don't ask Ellie-the westie in the picture) but she has been a terror to train. The most difficult time we've had with a puppy. Most were housetrained within a few weeks and out of their cages by 6 months. With Lila we had the dog walker until she was almost 10 months and we are still testing out of the cage during the day when we're at work. She has chewed major holes in our bedroom carpet (which was less than a year old). She has chewed every pillow I own, chewed holes in my comforter and has pretty much destroyed every stuffed animal that Ellie owned.

Still I love her dearly and she is helping to share the void left by Nika leaving us too early. We actually flew to Tennessee and drove back over two days with her! That was a fun trip. A 7 week old puppy and trying to understand her whimpers before she had an accident in a rental SUV.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Oh bless! Our Snoopy dog was a nightmare to train. You know, it says a lot about the owners of these nightmares when they still love them to pieces ^_^ All my pets are rescues so they've been insanely hard to train. Snoopy still has accidents, charm pees on your bed when he gets insecure, Dandylion runs a mile as soon as she sees a human or hears a loud noise... Training is hard. I can't wait till Desty is house trained.

I love your dogs by the way. They're absolutly beautiful!
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I just tried to get the link to my flickr account for you where there are more pictures of the kids but it's down. Our first dog was adopted, a true pound puppy. Absolute sweetie but I had to do alot of talking to keep the husband in line when she was going through abandonment.

Baby and homeless animals are a weakness.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Our first dog, Laddie, was an ex farm dog. They just didn't want him anymore apparently. I wasn't born when we got him but I do remember him fondly. He died when I was around 7. But he was so sweet and so good with kids. He formed a bond with me for animals. The Snoopy, his replacement and the cure for our broken hearts was from a huge rescue. He was so terrified and dependant and loving and his story broke my heart. how could someone do that to an animal? I have never bought a pet from the store. not once. I have the same weakness as you now. baby and homeless animals. That and Children. I'm a born mother so I'm very protective of children, especially the ones in my family.

When flicr works again you'll have to show me your photos. I'd love to see.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Well most of our little guys have been from breeders for several reasons. I lost two of my cockatiels last year and tried to adopt but after a two hour interview (in which I refused to give them my boss' name and telephone number and a salary range) I was refused. I don't think our philosphilies matched. Anyway, Bandit joined us shortly after and he was "rescued" from the store. Lila came from a breeder in Tennessee as I said because finding keeshonds is tough. There were two brothers about an hour away but we didn't really want two more and they wanted the dogs to stay in Philly.
Angel

Post by Angel »

I've rescued from a store. Charm bunny. The store works in conjunction with a local rescue apparently. Well people can come in and abandon their pets their. Well the pets are supposed to be seen by a vet and declaired healthy before being put up for adoption... Charm was literally days away from death. In that first month I must have spent a thousand dollars just on vets. At one point he was on three pain killers, feeding and drinking through a syringe and probiotic yoghurt in very small doeses. I almost lost him. T_T Now he's happy, healthy and enjoys having his nose scratched.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

You have a special place in heaven that's for sure.
Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe I'm kinda confused about that because heaven to me is slugging it out with someone who really needs my help and watching them grow stronger and happier. I don't think anyone in heaven would need help. So I'd much rather just be re-incarnated. Keep comming back and trying to make a difference. That sounds crazy doesn't it? *shuts up*
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I didn't not respond, I was having dinner. I'll PM you
Angel

Post by Angel »

Progress so far
I had a hard time focusing today as I've been up from 9am with very little sleep. Gas men are working on the road outside my room.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh no know you get the pleasure of frogging. Woohoo I hate it when that happens :evil:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

The frogs visited me too today! Ya just gotta bite the bullet and start.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: