Jaedyn's SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

xstich_in_SK

Jaedyn's SAL

Post by xstich_in_SK »

Well, here goes! I'm really hoping that if I get a thread going in here, you all will help me keep motivated to finish this project! Its for my sister, who is due Oct 20... Fortunately for me, I have more time than that, because she lives in the Dominican, and I'll be sending this with my parents who are going to see her in either December or March!

Anyways, about this project:
--> its called "Baby In A Basket" by Told-In-A-Garden
--> Stitched 2 over on 32 ct Natural Linen (first time... I really don't like the natural linen at all!!)
--> Design size is about 8 x 10 (just a smidgen smaller), and will be framed without a mat in a 10x13 frame.

Start Date: August 2007
Must be Complete by: Early December 2007

Jaedyn
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have seen this pattern and it is gorgeous. I think you will have a fun time working on this as the pattern justs asks to be finished.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
xstich_in_SK

Post by xstich_in_SK »

It's not that hard either... especially the deep green I'm doing now... its all a lattice sort of arch, all one color, and is going fairly fast. Most of the detail work is the baby & basket. It won't take long to get there!
Jaedyn
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Just googled this design and it's lovely - very classic. A good start. I've never stitched on natural linen, only evenweave, but the design certainly fits that type of fabric. It looks great. We'll try to keep you motivated. :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I've done a bellpull on natural linen, and it does take some getting used to. The holes don't stand out quite the way you might expect. Perhaps a bit of extra bottom light or a white pillowslip -- as if you were working with a truly dark fabric -- might help?

You have made an excellent start. Have you had any luck with sorting out the baby threads yet? I've been vaguely looking around the internet, but haven't come up with anything helpful.
*Jess*

Post by *Jess* »

I just looked it up also and it looks really beautiful, can't wait to see the progress heh :)
"Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs."
Ekidna

Post by Ekidna »

This really is a beautiful design, I can't wait to watch it "grow". I know it must be a pain to work on, but the natural linen does look so effective! I'm sure you'll have it done in time, do keep us informed with your progress!!

Facebook: Sarah-Kay Scholefield
Twitter: purplechidna

My WIP's
Home Sweet Home Cushion Sets
Flower Set - 2 to go
Olga Gostin Australian Houses Set - 4 to go
raelou

Post by raelou »

Wonderful start to your project ,I do hope with can help you along,I hope you find the other thread colours you need for the baby.
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Lovely start to ur project and i cant wait to watch it progress
merrywether

Post by merrywether »

Looks like you have a great start! Keep up the good work! :)
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Lovely start! I love stitching on linen, I have a lot of 32ct natural lurking around. :D

We'll keep you motivated! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
xstich_in_SK

Post by xstich_in_SK »

ConnieO wrote:Lovely start! I love stitching on linen, I have a lot of 32ct natural lurking around. :D

We'll keep you motivated! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I love working on linen... its the only thing I use! This is the first time with natural linen, and I'm surprised at how different it is! Its so much rougher, almost like a softer version of burlap, lol! I usually stitch on white or cream, which are soft... maybe because of the bleaching process??
Jaedyn
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Maybe, I don't know. But I love the rustic look.
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
mags

Post by mags »

Lovely pattern - looking forward to seeing it finished

mags :)