Bingo anyone?

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

fccs

Bingo anyone?

Post by fccs »

I’ve been thinking about doing a bingo game as we haven’t had one for a few years...IF there is enough interest.

This is how the game works:

The host (in this case, me) lists 30 words related to the topic (for example, the names of 30 trees).
The participant (in this case, you) chooses 10 of the words and sends a private message to host with his/her list.
Host randomly selects and posts two words per day, with a definition, explanation, description, etc. (*Since these are not normal times, the randomly selected words could be posted every other day rather than daily, if enough participants prefer the change.*)
Participant checks his/her list every day and crosses off the matches.
(Participants usually post how many matches they have so far and often comment on the words of the day, making bingo a conversation as well as a game.)
When a participant has all 10, he/she sends a private message to the host (and is also welcome to shout “bingo!” in the game thread).
The first one to send the private message wins the game.
Host checks list, confirms, and announces the winner.
The winner sends his/her name, address (or email address) to the host and the prize will be sent.

The prize, which is always announced first, could be something from the host’s stash (chart, fabric, fibers, needles, etc.) or a gift certificate in a pre-specified amount to an online store.

The bingo topic is also announced first. If there are enough participants to warrant a game, I will pick a topic. Right now I have no idea, other than it will hopefully be something fun or interesting and not related to the pandemic. We need a break from that, right?

In “normal” situations (i.e., pre-COVID-19), the winner of the game becomes host for the next game. Since times are not normal, I think we can be flexible with this.

So, what do you think?
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Re: Bingo anyone?

Post by rcperryls »

count me in it was a lot of fun and I think we should try it again. I've been thinking about it, but too lazy :oops: to take it up. I am so glad you did.
Let me know if you would like to move it to the "general" section for now. Unless people use the quick links to go see new posts or active posts, theyaren't likely to look at the Competition Section. Or copy and paste it to a new topic in one of those sections.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Re: Bingo anyone?

Post by fccs »

Good idea. I’ll do a copy/paste into a new thread in General.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends