Bingo - stitching and watching - and the winner is...

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

jocellogirl

Re: Bingo - stitching and watching

Post by jocellogirl »

I'd like to join in too please. We go away in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks but I might be able to check in on my phone while we're away (if we have a signal!). I'm contemplating my numbers and will let you know.
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
fccs

Post by fccs »

jocellogirl wrote:I'd like to join in too please. We go away in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks but I might be able to check in on my phone while we're away (if we have a signal!). I'm contemplating my numbers and will let you know.
Long time no "see" - I promise I won't start without you. I'll be gone the first week of September, so the game will start sometime after I return. I'm glad you're playing with us.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

Since we have some new and returning members, I thought I'd bump this up. There is still plenty of time to PM me your numbers (see first post for the list).
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

I am home again after being away most of the summer weekends. I will check out the list and pm my numbers tomorrow.
Linda
fccs

Post by fccs »

Linda Rose wrote:I am home again after being away most of the summer weekends. I will check out the list and pm my numbers tomorrow.
I hope your summer weekends away were fun.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Holidays are always fun. Besides weekends, I have also had 2 weeks on Canada's east - and prettiest - coast. My trip included a visit to Cheticamp, an Acadian village that specializes in rug hooking. I saw some absolutely beautiful work and now have a small kit to add to my list of things to do. I am envying you right now Debby - retired with time on your hands! Can't wait until my turn comes.

Although a day later than promised, I have pm'd my numbers to you under a wrong subject title. But I'm sure you will understand that it is for this BINGO.

Linda
Linda
fccs

Post by fccs »

Linda Rose wrote:
Although a day later than promised, I have pm'd my numbers to you under a wrong subject title. But I'm sure you will understand that it is for this BINGO.

Linda
I received your numbers - thanks.

There's still time for sign-ups. With all the new members we have, I'm hoping we get more players.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

Come one, come all - let's play Bingo! So far only five are playing - who else wants to play? It's fun, it's free, and you might win a prize! And if you win, you get to host the next game. Just pick ten numbers from the list in the first post of this thread and PM them to me. I'll extend the "sign up" process until Wednesday, 9/14.

So far, the players are:
Tyledres
Wendywombat
Squirrel
rcperryls
Linda Rose

For those who don't know how to play Forum Bingo, here's a link to explain it:

http://crossstitchforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1689" target="_blank" target="_blank
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I must find my choices...as if I could forget! :lol: :lol:
fccs

Post by fccs »

Time is running out to join the game. You only have a couple more days to PM me your numbers.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Re: Bingo - stitching and watching - day one

Post by fccs »

Disclaimer: I will probably steal the synopses for most of the movies/shows from the internet. :-)

Here are the first two numbers:

18 Benny & Joon

Synopsis: Benny (Aidan Quinn), who cares for his mentally disturbed sister, Joon (Mary Stuart Masterson), also welcomes the eccentric Sam (Johnny Depp) into his home at Joon's request. Sam entertains Joon while he dreams of a job at the video store. Once Benny realizes Joon and Sam have started a relationship, he kicks Sam out of the house. This leads to an altercation between brother and sister. Joon runs away with Sam, who soon realizes that she may need more support than he alone can provide.

I love this movie and can watch it over and over. Johnny Depp steals the show physically, but the story is sweet and I love the characters. It's a story about love, taking care of family, and accepting others that are different from us.

25 Coach

Synopsis: Hayden Fox (Craig T Nelson) is a football coach, the head coach of Minnesota State University's Screaming Eagles for much of the series' run. He has to contend with a team that has seen better days, a couple of none-too-bright assistant coaches (Jerry Van Dyke and Bill Fagerbakke), a partner who isn't half as obsessed with football, and all the rest of the situations that come along in Big Ten athletics. For the show's final two seasons, Fox coaches an expansion team in the NFL.

I watched this show when it was on tv and I love watching the DVD episodes. Craig T. Nelson is funny, but Jerry Van Dyke and Bill Fagerbakke are equally funny. This is a good, clean show that doesn't take a lot of concentration. It just entertains and makes me laugh.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Re: Bingo - stitching and watching - game is on

Post by rcperryls »

Not a great start for me with 0/10 but I remember watching Coach when it was on tv. Never saw Bennie and Joon, but it sounds like something I need to check out.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Just one for me...Benny and Joon which is great. I remembering watching Coach which was also very good.
Linda
fccs

Re: Bingo - stitching and watching - day two

Post by fccs »

Here we go - day two and the next two numbers:

8 - For Love of the Game

Synopsis: Forty-year-old pitcher Billy Chapel (Kevin Costner) is practically a dinosaur by professional baseball standards, fast approaching the end of his career. But, as Chapel stands on the mound pitching the game of his life, his thoughts don't turn to his prized history in sports, but rather return again and again to his tumultuous relationship with Jane Aubrey (Kelly Preston), a single mom who has stood at his side through the good and the bad but is now on the verge of leaving him.

How could I not love this one? It's about baseball, it's got Kevin Costner - win, win. Side note: Years ago, I went to an Anaheim Angels pre-season baseball game against the team from Cal State Fullerton. Guess who played for Fullerton in that game? Kevin Costner! He graduated from Fullerton and has been very supportive of the school over the years. It was so much fun to see him play.

21 - Space Cowboys
Synopsis: Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and James Garner star as a group of pilots whose time has come to serve their country and fulfill their dream of going to space. In 1958, the members of Team Daedalus, a group of top Air Force test pilots, were ready to serve their country as the first Americans in space. When NASA replaced the Air Force for outer atmospheric testing, they were pushed aside for a chimpanzee. The team retired, but the dream of going into space never died.

Again, how could I not love this one? Space, NASA, and the four stars?!? I can watch this movie over and over (and I have). Side note: Part of the movie was filmed at Rockwell in Downy, California, during the summer that my son was working there, shortly before he went to the Air Force Academy. The first parents weekend at AFA, he and I went to see the movie. It's always fun to have a personal connection to a film. Rockwell, by the way, as since been bought by Boeing and the Downey facility, where the Space Shuttles were built, was eventually closed. The Columbia Memorial Space Center is now at that location (http://columbiaspacescience.org/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank).
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Space Cowboys makes me 2/10. Love the movie; the cast is spectacular.
Linda
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I've been launched with Space Cowboys too!
Anything with Tommy Lee Jones is great...and I still remember Clint Eastwood as the fresh faced cowboy Rowdy Yates!! Just look at him now in Gran Torino!! :shock:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Space Cowboys fly for me too! 1/10 now!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Re: Bingo - stitching and watching - Day 3

Post by fccs »

Here we go:

4 - Crazy Stupid Love

Synopsis:
Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) is living the American dream. He has a good job, a beautiful house, great children and a beautiful wife, named Emily (Julianne Moore). Cal's seemingly perfect life unravels, however, when he learns that Emily has been unfaithful and wants a divorce. Over 40 and suddenly single, Cal is adrift in the fickle world of dating. Enter, Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling), a self-styled player who takes Cal under his wing and teaches him how to be a hit with the ladies.

Oh my gosh, I love love LOVE this movie. The cast is pretty spectacular: Steve Carell and Julianne Moore are so good, and Emma Stone, Marisa Tomei, and Kevin Bacon can't be beat. And Ryan Gosling - well, I mean, it's Ryan Gosling! I watched this movie every time I found it on cable and finally decided to buy it. I'm surprised I've not worn out the DVD yet. It makes me laugh - a lot - every single time!

27 - Moneyball

Synopsis
: Billy Beane (Brad Pitt), general manager of the Oakland A's, one day has an epiphany: Baseball's conventional wisdom is all wrong. Faced with a tight budget, Beane must reinvent his team by outsmarting the richer ball clubs. Joining forces with Ivy League graduate Peter Brand (Jonah Hill), Beane prepares to challenge old-school traditions. He recruits bargain-bin players whom the scouts have labeled as flawed, but have game-winning potential.

Brad Pitt is so good in this, and Jonah Hill knocks it out of the ballpark. (Sorry - I couldn't resist). As you know, I'm a baseball fan and love a good baseball movie. This is one of the best, with a story primarily from the managerial and operational sides rather than on the field.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Still at 1/10 but loving the synopses!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

rcperryls wrote:Still at 1/10 but loving the synopses!

Carole
Me too