Love to Ladies Bingo - WINNER! - Congrats verajane :)

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

StitchingEs

Love to Ladies Bingo - WINNER! - Congrats verajane :)

Post by StitchingEs »

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's taken so long to post this - I've had a crazy busy week and haven't had chance to get online as much as I'd like - but now I've picked a topic and got my list sorted so we're ready to go.

We all love to stitch, so my chosen subject/topic is cross stitch of ladies that I'd love to stitch, and hopefully you'll find one you'd like to stitch too :)

So, I'll list 30 titles, you choose your 10 numbers and PM me with them. I will add the list of those taking part in here and it will CLOSE on Wednesday 18th September. First numbers will be drawn on Thursday 19th at around 8pm GMT. Once you've got bingo, PM or post and whoever gets there first will be the winner.

The prize is either £15 or equivalent to spend online or one of the kits/charts from the bingo list.

Good Luck everyone!

1 - Ashanti
2 - Veiled
3 - Misaki
4 - Shalott
5 - Dreamer
6 - Turandot
7 - Egyptian
8 - Butterfly
9 - Ophelia
10 - Spring
11 - Asiria
12 - Bouquet
13 - Africana
14 - Persephone
15 - Impression
16 - Windswept
17 - Letter
18 - Brigit
19 - Tree
20 - Red
21 - Rose
22 - Pandora
23 - Forest
24 - Moon
25 - Commodore
26 - Fan
27 - Cleopatra
28 - Seamstress
29 - Boreas
30 - Last

Players:

cairee
verajane
kiwirach
Squirrel
rcperryls
Lizzieh
Fizzbw
Knottylamb
Last edited by StitchingEs on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Squirrel

Re: Love to Ladies Bingo - Signups Open

Post by Squirrel »

Definitely in on this most interesting one Esme. I will PM you later with my numbers. Its going to be a lot of fun this one. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I'm in. Will pm the numbers to you tomorrow. Did you mean the 18 th or 28th of September?

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wwdiva

Post by wwdiva »

This sounds so intriguing but I need to take a pass on this one. Going on vacation and not sure about my ability to check in.
I will follow along when I can.
Cheers :toast:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

List sent.

Carole
:D
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Will send my list later :)

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

What a great idea. I've sent you my numbers.
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Sent my numbers in last night. This is so mystifying its going to be heaps of fun seeing the actual pics to go with each one.

Good luck everyone.

WIPS
kiwirach

Post by kiwirach »

phew! i'm on the list!. i wasn't sure if i needed to sign on in thread as well!!.
looking forward to playing after watching Sally's NZ/OZ bingo play out!.
my blog

WIP
Little House Neighbourhood - LHN
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

Meant to mention here that I sent in my numbers. Can't wait to get started!
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
StitchingEs

Re: Love to Ladies Bingo - Signups now Closed

Post by StitchingEs »

Sorry I'm starting a day late - I had a really crazy day yesterday - but to make it up to you I'm starting with 3 numbers, instead of 2, all picked by my lovely 6 year old Seb.

Eyes down ladies :) Here we go

Your numbers are.....

#6: Turandot

This is a HAED... I know, lots of us dread them, but this one really captured me - like a lot of Marta Dahlig's work, I'm fascinated with her use of detail and colour, and this just captures something I think is fantastic. And the story behind it is just as fascinating as the art itself.

Turadnot is a three part opera - a story set in China - Prince Calàf falls in love with the cold Princess Turandot. To obtain permission to marry her, a suitor has to solve three riddles; any wrong answer results in death. Calàf passes the test, but Turandot still refuses to marry him. He offers her a way out: if she is able to learn his name before dawn the next day, then at daybreak he will die.

I don't know how the opera ends - I'm assuming badly - but the way this image portrays the character I find really intriguing. There is a fuller version of this design - you can see it here - but I think the cropped version is way more intense - you can't help but wonder - why she is so "cold" - is it because of her life of royalty that's so constrained and restricted; does she feel she has no control - is it really as icy as it looks behind those eyes???

I just would love to stitch her :)

#26: Fan

Lady with fan by Gustav Klimt - I love this - the colours, the vibrance, it's just fabulous and would be totally amazing to stitch (not that I have anywhere to hang her!) She just caught my eye, and again, my imagination - moreso than his other well known work, like "the Kiss" for example. I couldn't find anything specific on the piece, but Klimt seems to be quite an interesting man. According to Wiki he is quoted as saying "I have never painted a self-portrait. I am less interested in myself as a subject for a painting than I am in other people, above all women... There is nothing special about me. I am a painter who paints day after day from morning to night... Who ever wants to know something about me... ought to look carefully at my pictures."

#21: Rose

I love art, especially Waterhouse pieces, and this is one of my favourites - I think it would look amazing as a stitched piece. Most pieces I pick tend to have an element of intrigue behind them - and my imagination has always worked overtime anyway! I wonder how many times she gets to get out into the garden, if it's only in summer when the flowers are in bloom... She just looks so, well, sad really. What memory does the smell of a rose invoke, or is she remembering someone giving her a rose?

I looked up the picture's history, mostly because of this bingo :) and it's really interesting. It's thought that the painting was inspired by a poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson. The poem in question is called 'Come into the Garde, Maud' and tells the story of a woman and her thoughts of her lost love.

If you fancy it (because it's way too long to post here) you can check it out here :dance:

That's it for tonight :) I'll be back tomorrow with some more numbers :dance: Good luck everyone

xx
kiwirach

Re: Love to Ladies Bingo - EYES DOWN! - First Numbers Posted

Post by kiwirach »

and i'm off and running - 1 down, 9 to go! :lol:

really interesting information - the detail on the first piece is amazing.
my blog

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:( for my picks. :) for the lovely ladies and the information about them.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Got 1 with the Rose and I was hoping it was this one. Its so full of feelings which are more about nostalgia than sadness.

Thank you for all the information you have found, especially Princess Turandot.
I would be craziville to do, that head dress alone is a work of art.

Great start and lovely to have 3 numbers too.

WIPS
cairee

Post by cairee »

another HAED on my wishlist, you naughty enabler! and Im pretty sure Scarlet Quince has the waterhouse one. oooh, I want it

anyway, no numbers for me. but I have a feeling this bingo will add to my chart collection and lighten my wallet :oops: ,sigh whats a girl to do :lol:
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
StitchingEs

Re: Love to Ladies Bingo - EYES DOWN! - Second Numbers :)

Post by StitchingEs »

I'm so glad you're all enjoying this and I apologise for any enabling that might be going on :) No, seriously, I really do, honest... :lol:

Here are today's numbers:

#20: Red

Type "Lady in Red" into google and you're pretty much guaranteed to find a link to Chirs DeBurgh's famous song - which can be extremely annoying when you've heard it thousands of times, but is actually a nice song. Anyhoo, this lady in red, thankfully has nothing to do with Chris DeBurgh and I think she's glorious... I love how she's slumped on the floor and one of the cats has the chair :) I mean, yes you could go all sad and say maybe she's been stood up and is upset and slumped on the floor with only her cats for comfort but I like to think maybe she's there by choice - she's just had a date and left early cause he was boring and she's come home to veg out, but can't be bothered to get changed, so she just plonked herself on the floor and got comfy with her furry friends. I'd love to see an image of her later when they're curled up on her lap while she's in her pj's reading a book, or maybe stitching ;)

#10: Spring

Here's another HAED. I really like Christopher Vacher as an artist, but there's only a handful that I want to stitch and this is one of them. The image itself is something I find quite haunting in a way because she's all alone in such a vast and majestic location, but she's so beautiful, and the colours - all those greens! would be a nightmare to sort out, but think of how marvellous it would look (as opposed to how much time it would take to stitch which is one thing that makes me go urgh!) It almost has an ethereal feel to it, but it also has a very earthy, realistic feel to it as well, and I think that's what I like most about it - it's otherworldy without being otherworldy, if that makes sense!
kiwirach

Re: Love to Ladies Bingo - EYES DOWN! - Second numbers up!!

Post by kiwirach »

Nothing for me tonight!
Lovely pieces, the HAED is lovely, as you say, majestic
my blog

WIP
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

One more for me! 2/10

Loving this bingo!
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:( None for me today but I do love both of those you have chosen. Great stories with them too. :D

WIPS
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

2/10 for me. Some amazing pictures!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village