Love to Ladies Bingo - WINNER! - Congrats verajane :)

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

bookknurd

Re: Love to Ladies Bingo - EYES DOWN!!! - 7th set - 29/9

Post by bookknurd »

I got all three which brings me to 8/10!
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
cairee

Post by cairee »

The first time I spotted this I fell in love with her; she reminds me a lot of the character Khaleesi from game of Thrones. When I was looking at Nene Thomas's work, I noticed she is called Witch of Dragons - Khaleesi in Game of Thrones is the mother of Dragons but this is what I can imagine the writer of the original books (Fire & Ice by George RR Martin) envisioning the character like this (although I've not read the books as yet, so I may be wrong) I really do think this is a fanatstic piece, and the detail is marvellous.
I have to agree that she looks like Daenerys from game of thrones, do read the books, the show is good but the books still tell so much more.
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

6/10 for me.

I looked back at the others a bit better and I love the Looking back one so much, I'm trying to hang on for the next sale.....

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
StitchingEs

Re: Love to Ladies Bingo - EYES DOWN!!! - 8th set - 30/9

Post by StitchingEs »

Oh ladies! I'm sure it's coming down to the wire now - can I urge you all to recheck your numbers please, just in case. I've done a check and this one looks like it's going to be close!

Today's numbers are:

#19: Tree

This is Tree Age by Gustav Klimt - as you already know I love his work, and I love the colours and textures in this but I think the reason I like this one best s because of the relationship it displays between mother and child. I have 4 kids - two girls and two boys, aged between 3 and 12 and I remember when they were babies and how precious and fragile they were - and how I wanted to just snuggle up with them and protect them from the world! I still want to snuggle with them now, but know I can't keep them in my protective bubble because they have to live and experience life - the good and, as much as I don't want them to have to, the bad. I think that here, in this piece, Klimt has captured a moment between mother and child that perfectly displays the innocence of babies, and that natural desire to protect and comfort. And snuggle :)

#15: Impression

This is a very simple design, but I think, especially with the sepia tones, that it's a lovely piece. It stitches to 8 x 11 inches, which is a decent size and I think the simple colours here are what makes it work so well. It's the simplicity of this that really draws me to it I think, and again, your imagination can run wild with the scenario this might depict.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Lovely ladies, but none for me today. I especially love Tree Age and think your description of why it is so touching is right on. Still at 7/10
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

None for me today, but the ladies are definitely lovely. :)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

None for me either but lovely ladies certainly. Pictures of a mother and child are nearly always memorable.

I think the lass in the 2nd one is wondering "which way do I go now". It is most unusual and the more one looks at it the more one sees or can imagine.

Great bingo Esme.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
kiwirach

Post by kiwirach »

Signing in on ph - no internet at work!!
Number 15 brings me to 7/10
Will try to keep up via ph :-)
my blog

WIP
Little House Neighbourhood - LHN
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Ooh, I have 9/10.....

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
StitchingEs

Re: Love to Ladies Bingo - EYES DOWN!!! - Set 9 &10 - 1/10

Post by StitchingEs »

I'm not going to be online tomorrow evening, so tonight you get two sets of numbers! I wonder if we'll have a winner??? Good luck :dance: :dance:

The numbers, one picked by each of my kids are:

#2: Veiled

In the multi-cultural society we live in today there's rarely a day where I don't see a veiled lady. There's also something about veils that is somewhat exotic - from Esmeralda the gypsy dancer to Xerxes and Sparta, veils on women have always intrigued and quite often beguiled. What I love about this is the colour - even down to the details of the eye makeup and the pattern on the material - the colours are beautiful, and exotic, possibly reflecting the very nature of the wearer.

#29: Boreas

Waterhouse FTW! Out of all of his work, this is one of my most favourite of my favourites and it's available to stitch as HAED and standard charts all over the place.

"Boreas was the purple-winged god of the north wind, one of the four directional Anemoi (wind-gods). He was also the god of winter, who swept down from the cold northern mountains of Thrake, chilling the air with his icy breath. To the north, beyond his mountain home, lay Hyperborea, a land of eternal spring which was never touched by the god's cold wind.

When Boreas sought a wife, he carried off Oreithyia ("mountain gale"), daughter of King Erekhtheus of Athens, who was playing with her companions in a flowery riverside meadow."

I believe that Waterhouse depicted the moments just before Oreithyia was swept away by him, and that she had a feeling he was coming for her. I think she is hauntingly beautiful.

#18: Brigit

I'm not a goddess person - don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against those who are, I just don't believe it myself. However, the natural style of this piece really caught my eye - and I didn't even notice the face in the tree until later. The fact that she is a patron of poetry among other things is another reason I think I was drawn to this piece. I can't even say for sure that I would stitch it myself, but I still think it's a beautiful and realistic depiction.

#28: Seamstress

She looks so positively mischievous dontcha think? I absolutely love this and it's on my must have list! It's actually named lady sewing, and I've called it seamstress, but let's face it - she's a cross stitcher :) A woman after our own hearts - or whose heart we are after. One thing that always amazes me is that embroidery/sticthing used to be done freehand/without patterns and it was learned - passed down from generation to generation. I'm so pleased my girls want to learn how to stitch and hope I'm still as gloriously in love with stitching as this lady so obviously is. I also hope I'm still as mischievous :dance:

Well, that's all for tonight. I'll be back the day after tomorrow :)

Night night ladies

xx
knottylamb

Post by knottylamb »

I believe I am on a slow boat to China :D
I now have 7/10 and looking forward to tomorrow. I am so enjoying the Lovely Lady Lessons. I am so impressed with all of the information. But I do need to ask a question, what is a HAED? I don't think that I have the drive to attempt to stitch something as time consuming as these lovely pictures but I do admire those of you who do.
Cheerio,
Kathy
The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I think I have bingo! Waiting on verification. :)
kiwirach

Post by kiwirach »

Number 2 brings me to 8/10

Good luck verajane :-)
my blog

WIP
Little House Neighbourhood - LHN
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Good Luck Vera Jane.

I now have 8/10 with 3 of the lovely ladies from this days draw.

BTW She is not stitching - she is making lace. That is a lace pillow she is working on and at the top right you can see the bobbins at the top of the pillow and she has 1 in her hand!!!!!!!!!!!

That might just tempt me to get it as I have made bobbin lace in the past. :D

WIPS
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I just doubled checked again, and by my count, I've got all my numbers. I think we may have to wait a day or so for StitchingEs to be able to get back online and verify.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I do so hope that you have got Bingo Dana as you were so close last time, :x:

WIPS
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am up to 9 with Brigit and Seamstress.
Dana, wishing you really good luck! I hope you remembered to pm StitchingEs with "BINGO". Congratulations ahead of time! Start thinking about what your theme is going to be.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I did PM her first.
StitchingEs

We have a WINNER!!!!!

Post by StitchingEs »

Congratulations verajane!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

You are the Love to Ladies bingo winner. I'll post again with the remaining numbers and corresponding pics and info, and look forward to receiving your PM with what you would like as your prize (you can pick one of the ladies if you don't want the £15)

I'm so happy that you all enjoyed this bingo - thanks ever so much for putting up with me :)

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
StitchingEs

Leftover numbers...

Post by StitchingEs »

Hi :) First I'd like to say a big thankyou to everyone for joining in - I've really enjoyed doing this bingo and can't wait to see what verajane comes up with for her turn :)

Here are the "leftovers" from the bingo. I also have some interesting tidbits about the actual game too....

#3: Misaki

My Mum loves Japanese stuff as well as Africa and all that entails - but she especially loves Geishas and Buddha's etc.. This piece is one I like, not because Mum likes it, but because I think it's gorgeous in texture and colour and really think that if it was stitched it would accentuate the textures and colours even further. Interestingly I picked Miskaki to list instead of her sister piece Sakura which I actually love just as much (if not a little bit more to be honest!)

#7: Egyptian

Classic Egyptian depictions are ones that take me all the way back to school where I remember lessons on Hieroglyphics and Egyptian art and Joseph and his anazing technicolour dreamcoat with the Pharoahs and the Sphinxes and all of the glorious-ness of Ancient Egypt!!!! I love this because it's something I could imagine being made out of Papyrus, and it looks so authentic - again, I think the texture would really come through when it was stitched!

#8: Butterfly

It's the colours in this that really get me - I'm not usually one for pinks and purples in general but the dashes of black and the swirls and the butterflies - this just screams "pretty" at me! I think it would look amazing on some speciality hand dyed fabrics and hanging on the wall of a girl's bedroom.

#16: Windswept

I don't think I have to explain why I like this one seeing as how you all know I have such an affinity for Waterhouse!!! I love this piece for the same reason I love Boreas and I adore the colouring in it. I'm not sure if it's just a different rendition of the "carrying off" of Oreithyia or if it's her on a different day - maybe the one when Boreas first noticed her playing one the mountains in the flowers - or maybe this goes back to earlier days where the notion of marriage wasn't even a thought and she's just caught in the breeze on a glorious afteroon. The actual title of the piece is "Windflower" (ka Windswept) and was painted as oil on canvas in 1902

#24: Moonlight

This HAED is by Aimee Stewart and I just think it's absolutely glorious! I can't even really explain why but I think it's just amazing - although I don't fancy the metallic threads which are bound to be in there and are bound to be Kreinik #4 mixed with white or something like that!!!! I can, although, believe that it would be well worth the stitch and would look even more fantastic completed and framed.

Well, there are the leftover ladies! And here's the random info about the bingo for enquiring minds!

- Out of the 8 of you who played, 1 of you chose #1, #15 and #30
- Numbers 2, 6, 10, 16, 24, 25 & 26 were only picked once
- Out of all of the numbers, between all of you, you managed to pick every number except for one number in particular. Anyone want to guess which?

:lol: