Australasia Bingo-with some additions.BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Fizzbw

Re: Australasia Bingo-with some additions.BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fizzbw »

Yeah, you can have ours as well!! They stealthe brid nuts. The dogs love chasing them though they never catch them.

It's a shame as they are cute wee buggers, but like wwdiva says, they've killed off the indigenous red squirrel which really is stupidly cute!!

It was a great bingo, I'm looking forward tothe next one.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I won't tell you what we do to squirrels in the South.
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Congrats!!!!! =) :balloons:
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Squirrel wrote::lol: :lol: I have heard similar descriptions of squirrels - but - I still love them. :lol:
I'm with you, no matter how annoying I know they are, I can't help but like them. Must be the bushy tails. Where I grew up we have black squirrels, and apparently they don't exist anywhere else! I grew up thinking all squirrels were black until I went away to school. :)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

As soon as I can get a picture I will send you one of the squirrel who has been busily gnawing and enlarging the hole to the bluebird box outside my kitchen window. Finally has gotten it wide enough to make him or herself a cozy winter nest. I guess the bluebirds won't be back. For several years a squirrel has climbed up the Purple Martin pole to nest and have babies in the Purple Martin house, which has never seen a Purple Martin. House sparrows and starlings and squirrels. And baby squirrels. Annoying but so much fun to watch. I've heard them referred to as our "monkeys"

Nikki: Years ago we saw 2 great documentaries filmed in the UK called Backyard thieves and Backyard thieves 2 which were about the lengths people go to in order to keep squirrels off the birdfeeders. It was so clever and I'm sorry to say that the squirrels almost always won.

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

tiffstitch wrote:
Squirrel wrote::lol: :lol: I have heard similar descriptions of squirrels - but - I still love them. :lol:
I'm with you, no matter how annoying I know they are, I can't help but like them. Must be the bushy tails. Where I grew up we have black squirrels, and apparently they don't exist anywhere else! I grew up thinking all squirrels were black until I went away to school. :)
I think we have black squirrels here though they are much rarer than grey squirrels. We also have red squirrels, though again, they are not as common as the grey ones.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Loving all the posts about the squirrels you all have in your yards. Perhaps I shouldn't smuggle one in after all. :tantrum: :tantrum:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

One more post. The pics aren't great because I took them through my kitchen window - glass and screen. I didn't want to open the window because I was sure I would scare her or him away. I took several but these were the best ones. The top picture I think has a little better view of the squirrel.
The bottom is overall a little clearer.

Squirrel nesting in a bluebird box:

Laverne and Shirley sit in the window all the time. Have a basket in front of the window on top of the microwave that they both love to nap in. Doesn't bother the birds and doesn't bother the squirrel. I don't think I'm going to have bluebirds next spring. :oops:

Carole
:wink:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the pics Carole and your email too. They really are so cute and I love how this one has got itself into the bird's box. :x: for some babies come spring time. Sorry about the blue birds though.

I am so enjoying all this chat. :D :D Thanks everyone.

WIPS
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

StitchingEs, VeraJane, and Jocellogirl - your prizes will hopefully all be in the mail tomorrow - provided it is not too warm.

We have hit a summer heat spell in early spring, and it is rather warm for doing much walking up to the shops and post office.

WIPS
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

Squirrel wrote:StitchingEs, VeraJane, and Jocellogirl - your prizes will hopefully all be in the mail tomorrow - provided it is not too warm.

We have hit a summer heat spell in early spring, and it is rather warm for doing much walking up to the shops and post office.

I can't wait! I know the heat's no fun; we're in the middle of trying to get autumn to go ahead and start already, but the summer is holding on quite well. It was terribly hot/humid this morning when I walked into work at 7am! Hate to think what it's going to be like when I have to get out and about at lunch time.
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

If I can find the image of the one-testicled old-man squirrel that used to sit outside our door every morning for a nut treat, where he's sitting on my husband's shoulder eating it, I'll post it here! He was a very pushy squirrel, and feisty...I'm sure if he's still alive today, he's pestering the current residents of our former home. :)
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)