Whistle stop tour of the Cornish Coast ~ Bingo

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Princesslaughton

Re: Whistle stop tour of the Cornish Coast ~ Bingo

Post by Princesslaughton »

Congrats on your win. Fantastic bingo. well done on putting on an amazing tour of Cornwall.

helen x
WIP
Eagle Eye View
White Tiger
Tudor Rose Scissor keeper.

Finishes
Cushion cover
Celtic bookmark
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Congratulations Ketta. I'll send you a pm when I get home so we can sort out your prize!!
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

Thanks! It was a really fun and informative bingo. I've not been in a place in life as of yet where I can travel, but someday that will change (it's closer in the future now than it ever has been). I've definitely taken note of some of the places you've highlighted.

I think what I'll be doing as the next bingo is to continue the theme, focusing on the Northwest US. It's where I've lived all my life, and I absolutely love the area. Both of the places I've chosen to live, if I couldn't stay in the Northwest, are both similar in climate: British Columbia (Canada) and New Zealand. So, you can tell the area is truly a place I call home. :)

I will try to have a new bingo post started by Sunday or Monday with a list and start date. My summer has been incredibly busy, and one of the internships I've been in finally winds down this weekend (whew!). I'll finally have a bit more time to myself, so I might even get to start stitching again, too.
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Congratulations, Ketta!!! And thank you, Liz, for a wonderful journey through Cornwall. ( I am going to have to start getting very serious about collecting my pennies for my visit to the British Isles. I need about a year though so I can see all the things I want to see, visit all the shops and fairs I want to go to and then end up on a castle tour. Of course, I've never been to Vermont or the Northwest USA so I definitely need to win a lottery. So have to start buying those tickets. )

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
cairee

Post by cairee »

ooh a Bingo tour of north west US would be lovely! Ive been to Washington, Oregon, California. Beautiful country!
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Congratulations Ketta!! Well done.

And thanks Liz for a wonderful bingo. The personal touch was wonderful, s were the pictures. It's really fired me up for a potential visit.

Carole, if you do come to the UK South Wales is a wonderful place! And I always have a spare bed.....

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Fizzbw wrote:Congratulations Ketta!! Well done.

Carole, if you do come to the UK South Wales is a wonderful place! And I always have a spare bed.....

Niki xxx
Be careful about what you offer, Niki. I may surprise you (and me) and take you up on that! Totally off topic, but Bingo is over. When I was around 13 or 14 years old, I had a mad crush on Richard Burton (before his flings with Liz), mostly his voice. (I had the full recording of his Hamlet). So I got a English-Welsh dictionary from the library, thinking he would be so impressed with an American fan letter written in Welsh, he would have to reply. Of course, he didn't and I always wondered if he read it and/or what I really said :oops: .

Geographic bingos are really fun, aren't they?

Carole
:roll:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

I was going to say Carole, In your very busy shedule when you come over don't forget to visit me for a cup of tea!!
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

:dance: Many congrats Ketta :applesauce: :dance: :applesauce: Can't wait for your bingo I love seeing where all you folks are from.......it feels to me like it brings us all a bit closer together...just lovely!

A big thank you to Liz for your bingo and especially for sharing your lovely family photos and the places that are special to you :wub:

And Carole....if you do ever come over the pond to visit I'm sure you could travel the length and breadth of our comparatively small island and never have to stay in a hotel as I'm sure if you posted on here that you were coming you would be inundated with offers of places to stay by all your UK stitchy pals on here....myself included of course :D
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Well done Ketta!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :dance: :dance:
Many thanks to you too Liz for some lovely pictures and interesting info.
nachosmiley wrote: And Carole....if you do ever come over the pond to visit I'm sure you could travel the length and breadth of our comparatively small island and never have to stay in a hotel as I'm sure if you posted on here that you were coming you would be inundated with offers of places to stay by all your UK stitchy pals on here....myself included of course :D
I would willingly provide B&B in Brum :D
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

Congratulations!
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Congrats Ketta! And great bingo Liz. Those were some fantastic photos of some really gorgeous countryside. And nice to "see" you as well. :)
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

Thanks everyone!

I should have a post started by Sunday or Monday with a list of great places to visit in the Pacific Northwest. While I don't have much in the way of personal photos (I haven't traveled much in my adult life and I'm severely camera shy), there are plenty of stunning images out there I will use. I'm looking forward to sharing!
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Thank you for a great bingo!!
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)