Vermont-alicious BINGO! Lizzieh is the winner!!

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

bookknurd

Re: Vermont-alicious BINGO! numbers up June 19

Post by bookknurd »

Now I'm up to 8/10!
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
Squirrel

Re: Vermont-alicious BINGO! numbers up June 20

Post by Squirrel »

:( Nothing happening today still on 8/10. Guess a lot of us have the same numbers!!!!

Good luck all.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:( for my Bingo number that is left. This has happened many a time. I have now been at 9/10 for 2 days. But :D for what a fun and interesting Bingo this is being. Good luck to those of you who only need 1 or 2 numbers! They may be a winner today!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

White-nose syndrome put me up to 9/10....the suspense is killin' me!
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
geekishly

Post by geekishly »

up to 8/10
- Brandi

WIPs
Joan Elliot's "Grace"
"Sephina's Secret" by Illustrated Ink
Small Projects - Belle & Boo girl w/dove

my blog
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

8/10 for me as well!

The mind boggles as to what pic you could have used for the same sex marriage one!!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

None for me still on 8/10!
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Am not taking part in the bingo but just had to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading all about Vermont. We had a fantastic holiday a few years ago just driving around New England for two weeks. It was a holiday I will never forget :wub: :wub:
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

fiddler wrote:Am not taking part in the bingo but just had to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading all about Vermont. We had a fantastic holiday a few years ago just driving around New England for two weeks. It was a holiday I will never forget :wub: :wub:
Thanks! It's such a unique area. :)
backafteradozenyrs

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

No #'s matched my last one from yesterday.....just waiting on todays #'s.... :x:
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Hopefully there will be a winner soon! Whoever PMs me first will win, so hope everyone is checking. :) :shamrock:

Today's numbers are 33 and 15.

33. University of Vermont (UVM)

I only just learned what UVM stands for, I thought it was University of Vermont: Montpelier since that's the state capital, although UVM is located in Burlington, so that always confused me. Turns out UVM stands for Universitas Viridis Montis (University of the Green Mountains). Considering it was founded in 1791, the latin name makes more sense. :)

UVM is a public research university and after 1862 also become the state of Vermont's land-grant university. It's the 23rd college founded in the U.S.A. and the 5th in New England. It joined with the Vermont Agricultural College in 1865. The initial funding for UVM was mostly given by Ira Allen (Green Mountain Boys) and there's a statue of him on the Green.

The enormous campus measures 451 acres and has many, many different facilities. One major part is Fletcher Allen Health Care, the largest hospital complex in Vermont. There are also seven undergraduate schools, an honours college, a graduate college and a school of medicine, naturally. There's a teaching farm you can see from Interstate 89 with horses and acres of land, plus UVM is quite near downtown Burlington, which makes it pretty busy on weekends school is in session.

The Honours college allows students to spend time in extracurricular activities, like semesters in Montreal and Boston, as well as various other events. All in all, UVM is a major part of Burlington's landscape and atmosphere. UVM is also part of the Public Ivy - a place to get an Ivy League education for a public school price. :)

The Old Mill - UVM's oldest building

The Williams Science building

15. Samuel de Champlain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_de_champlain" target="_blank

Samuel de Champlain is one of the most famous French explorers of the 1500-1600s. He played a major part in establishing New France in Canada, mostly where Quebec and the Maritime provinces are now and also had many sites named after him. One location he named himself is Lake Champlain after he discovered it in 1609.

He had originally landed in what became New France in 1603 as part of a fur-trading expedition. The leader of this expedition, François Gravé Du Pont, taught Champlain all about how to navigate and traverse the wilderness. Champlain made a map of the St. Lawrence river and made the first accurate maps of the surrounding coast as well. He traversed much of the Atlantic coastline in the next few years and established a base in Port Royal, Acadia for his king.

In 1608 Champlain was tasked with creating a fortified colony on the banks of the St. Lawrence River. He took to this task well and created what later became Quebec City. In 1609 Champlain wanted to improve relations with the native peoples and made alliances with certain tribes. They demanded Champlain's help in their war with the Iroquois, so Champlain took a trip up the Richelieu river (i.e. south) with 9 French soldiers and 300 natives to explore the southern waters. He would eventually come to a large body of water, as yet uncharted and undiscovered by Europeans.

Champlain continued to explore the river and eventually did battle the Iroquois, and defeated a large tribe, thereby cementing poor French-Iroquois relations from then on.

Of course Champlain went on to build up New France and make many more maps, so the rest as they say, is history. :)

Statue of Champlain and guide at Isle La Motte, VT, the first place Champlain is believed to have set foot on Vermont lands.

bookknurd

Re: Vermont-alicious BINGO! numbers up June 21

Post by bookknurd »

Still 8/10 for me. :(
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

None for me. Still at 8/10

socialsue :cry:
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Nope, none for me either!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone else!!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:( Neither of them are the right ones. Oh well its fun learning all about this lovely State.

Good luck to those on 9 and all of us on 8's. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:( Nope, none for me either. Still at 9/10. :D for the info. I loved reading about UVM as I find the history of our older universities really interesting, though they are babies compared to the European universities, I know. Good luck to those who are close. I think there must be a winner today!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
backafteradozenyrs

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

:airplane: I'm also still holding at 9/10 :airplane:

:x: good luck to all :x:
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Fairly sure number 13nwas my last one but I am at my parents' til tomorrow evening so if someone else gets there first fair enough. Really cross I forgot to bring my numbers with me. :(
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Lizzieh wrote:Fairly sure number 13nwas my last one but I am at my parents' til tomorrow evening so if someone else gets there first fair enough. Really cross I forgot to bring my numbers with me. :(
Can you check your PMs? I should have included your list in there, or I can resend it.
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

anyone mind if I wait on posting numbers until Liz can check if she won?